CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 519089

Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user
Found these bad boys at the thrift store 😁

Post 376 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
April 25, 2016 the forum was born.

I became a forum member December 30, 2016.
Post 377 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - That’s a blast from the past, Angelo! According to my dashboard, I have had a CBCS account since November 8, 2015. We were all anxiously awaiting the birth of the forum, and if I remember correctly, it had a few hiccups when it started.
Post 378 IP   flag post
@esaravo I came across this looking for the very first thread on the forum.....it would be cool to see when/who posted.....you've got me beat by 13 months. You've gotta be one of the firsts Ed and still going strong!!! 🍻
Post 379 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - As best as I can tell, the first thread I created was about 8 years ago and it was called “One Shots, Oddities, and Unknowns.”
Post 380 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
1972 edition!!
Finding things while packing for home reno!!

Why my parent's and now I have this I dont know....wasnt born till 74!!!

Post 381 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I've been around the forum since April 22, 2016. I've had a CBCS account since July 14, 2014.
Post 382 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I've been around the forum since April 22, 2016. I've had a CBCS account since July 14, 2014.

I'm assuming the date found above is when I started my CBCS account. I'm also assuming that's when I probably started on the forum. I'm not aware of where to look for another date.

Post 383 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That's the date you joined the forum. The date you opened your CBCS account is in the upper right of your submission screen.

Angelo Canadian
Post 384 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
That's the date you joined the forum. The date you opened your CBCS account is in the upper right of your submission screen.

Angelo Canadian

You are correct! Joined: Aug 26, 2014

Post 385 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'll play. Time flies when you're having fun!!!

Post 386 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 387 IP   flag post
Jimi Hendrix was Van Halen's inspiration for their logo.

Post 388 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Not sure if true. There is a story to this IIRC. Believe it was art from a Jimi Hendrix release (posthumous) that was after Van Halen’s logo was published.

The design of the two logos suggests the VH one is the original as the V allows design symmetry. The J doesn’t…
Post 389 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Not sure if true. There is a story to this IIRC. Believe it was art from a Jimi Hendrix release (posthumous) that was after Van Halen’s logo was published.

The design of the two logos suggests the VH one is the original as the V allows design symmetry. The J doesn’t…

clickable text
Post 390 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

clickable text

I’m aware of that story. But remember stories are just that. The poster was released as part of a Jimi estate-created box set release from the 80s. The timing was after VH’s first album and that VH logo…

Again, the JH logo may somehow predate that box set but what seems more likely (including based on how the logo looks) is Hendrix’s estate wanted to create something cool/modern. VH was viewed as the biggest innovator in guitar playing since Hendrix… so they may have wanted to draw that link.

OR, it was from Hendrix first and the above timing was coincidence / inaccurate.
Post 391 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Went next door to the sports bar where they brew some of their beers.
I was surprised at this bill the girl gave me.
Like the 70s but I wasn't drinking until the late 80s.
Post 392 IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
A pickup from earlier this month...An authentic engraved floor piece from the 2018 NCAA Men's Final Four Court, in which Villanova beat Michigan in the title game, autographed by former Nova coach Jay Wright. It's piece 259 out of 750 produced.

Post 393 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got my old Tardis pop signed by Matt Smith at the L.A. Comic Con today. Matt was super nice and gracious

Post 394 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort He is my favorite doctor of the reboot series.
Post 395 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

I think he's awesome but it is a toss-up between Matt Smith and David Tennant. I dig'em both.
Post 396 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

I think he's awesome but it is a toss-up between Matt Smith and David Tennant. I dig'em both.

I think Smith was very good but for me David Tennant and Tom Baker are #1 and #2.
Post 397 IP   flag post
Since we’re ranking. For me it’s David Tennant, Matt Smith then Tom Baker. I do love Tom Baker.
Post 398 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user

Post 399 IP   flag post
For me it's Tom Baker first, he was the Doctor when I was young and being in Australia we got British TV shows pretty quickly for the time.
Second is Matt Smith as he was young to play the Doctor yet through the acting his eyes portrayed him to be older then he looks.
David Tennant was fine but he seems to be the popular Doctor of the younger generation and I thought they dropped the ball making the Doctor be romantically involved with a human.
Post 400 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

https://comics.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=40246&ic=hero-pulpComics-auctionDetails-40246-110823
Post 401 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/detective-comics-69-double-cover-dc-1942-cbcs-vf-85-off-white-pages/a/40246-81057.s
Post 402 IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Babe Ruth RC

Post 403 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomEwan My daughter and I were in Baltimore for the Comic Con in 2022 and we took time out to go to the Babe Ruth Museum. I saw one of these cards there.

Wait... is this that very card? Here's my pic. Yep...I think we have a winnah!! 😄

Post 404 IP   flag post

Post 405 IP   flag post
615415 767 30