Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 519089

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Kids today have 24 hour cartoons networks. Too bad most of the cartoons today are crap.

The thing about Saturday mornings is that they were an event... for me, anyway. I looked forward to them all week. That's the part that kids today are missing.

I'd wake up at 6:30 (very unusual for me... I've never been a morning person), start my mom's coffee, get a big bowl of some sugary cereal or maybe some Pop-Tarts, turn on the TV and watch for the next 5 hours or so.

Laff-a-lympics, Hong Kong Phooey, Scooby-Doo, Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon, the Bugs Bunny/ Road Runner Hour, Super Friends, Land of the Lost (not a cartoon but still)... good times.
Post 301 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, I agree. It was the same for me, except for making coffee.
Post 302 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 @DrWatson Absolutely! Those late 70's Saturday mornings were great. Cartoons ruled..
And weekdays after school, I couldn't wait to watch the original Spider-Man cartoons.
Post 303 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
It was absolutely a special time that will never happen again. The anticipation made it more special. Monday to Friday it was so tough to wake up....Saturday morning I was up at 7am. The quality or subject matter of the cartoons were great. I especially loved the action adventure cartoons...Thundarr the Barbarian, Spiderman and his amazing friends, the Incredible Hulk, The Herculoids, Space Ghost, Birdman, The Galaxy Trio, Dungeons & Dragons etc....wonderful memories for sure.
Post 304 IP   flag post
This is a very good video on why Saturday Morning cartoons went away.

Post 305 IP   flag post

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
And weekdays after school, I couldn't wait to watch the original Spider-Man cartoons.

For me, after school was about The Mighty Heroes, Mighty Mouse, Hector Heathcoat, Tennessee Tuxedo, Fractured Fairy Tales, Popeye and Mr. Peabody.

The original Spideys weren't on regularly in my area but I'd watch them when I could. I did make up for that years later by buying the Spider-Man DVD set. 🙂
Post 306 IP   flag post
I liked Johnny Quest too...the original series. Filmation's Tarzan was also great.
Post 307 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DWeeB1967 @DrWatson Absolutely! Those late 70's Saturday mornings were great. Cartoons ruled..

Agreed, weekdays after school were special...

Post 308 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Back in Australia in the mid to late 70s to early 80s. I use to watch Saturday morning cartoons. The set up was cartoons and re-runs of American TV show episodes mixed in. That's where I was first exposed to Lost in Space, Batman, Time Tunnel and Star Trek the original series.
In the afternoons there were kids programs that were news oriented towards animals and other information.
I wasn't into those weekday afternoon programs and I'd wait till 5.00 for Doctor Who. At the time they were airing the new Tom Baker Doctor. Eventually they started re-running Jon Pertwee Doctor episodes.

The cartoons were Super Friends, spiderman, laff-a-olympis, Waky Races then eventually Battle of the planets and Dungeons & Dragons.
Post 309 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Marty -
Was it fun being the Chief? And was that station based in Albany, NY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:

Post 310 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, is that from an old TV Guide?
Haven't seen one of those in a looooong time..
Post 311 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
"Dude, you can't park there"

This is at an On-Ramp / Off-Ramp intersection where the conditions were wet.

The Off-Ramp has two left-turn lanes, and my theory was the truck in the outside lane either lost control, or, a vehicle in the inside lane lost control forcing the truck in the outside lane to lose control.

Post 312 IP   flag post
Quote:

Yes, September 1978 issue.

Post 313 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Marty -

Yes and yes.
Post 314 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, September 1978 issue.

I knew it.
Thanks Marty
Post 315 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That takes me back! In the mid-70s to early-80s, my family were part of the Nielsen ratings survey group. Don’t know how we were selected, but I was sure to bubble in all my Saturday morning cartoons and after school shows, as well as my grandmother’s and mom’s soaps, plus football and basketball for dad and I.
Post 316 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Marty -

Yes and yes.

Wow, I had no idea that we were hobknobbing with a full-blown celebrity on these boards. The closest I've ever gotten to that is when my wife tells me that I'm a celebrity... in my own mind. 😄
Post 317 IP   flag post
How many of you remember taking your CHOCK'S VITAMIN every morning?

Post 318 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
I had the repackaged version by the same company, Flintstones Vitamins. I would bite their heads off, then finish them off. My best efforts to be a kaiju. Their revenge would be when I had to take cod liver oil. Yuck!
Post 319 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
More books landed at my lcs

And I picked up another Sinister, just can't help myself with black covers
Post 320 IP   flag post
@southerncross Nice!
Post 321 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Jealous
Post 322 IP   flag post
I don't believe this would go over to well in today's classroom. (..."Shaped like a real gun...".

Post 323 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't believe this would go over to well in today's classroom. (..."Shaped like a real gun...".

Agreed, still cool though.
Post 324 IP   flag post
@sportshort @martymann Agreed. There is no way that would fly today but that is really cool.

I love how the "girls" pencil box is a purse. 😄
Post 325 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ha!!!
Old compasses were toast...so I bought the same model only 40yrs newer...only I didn't have the original cover and they don't make the covers for this model anymore

Enter old school techniques...no idea how to create my own 3D print so I used an old compass as a plug..layed up some cloth and bingo bango...new cover. Everything released like it was supposed to..now a little clean up and to make a second cover!!!

Post 326 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I'd love to see some work in progress and final pictures when it's done!!! That looks like a great project to tackle!
Post 327 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@KatKomics I'd love to see some work in progress and final pictures when it's done!!! That looks like a great project to tackle!

lol...this is pretty much the final product - the new white fiber glass cover will now fit snug over the new compass on the boat - need to make a second one as I have two compasses - hard to do much more work in progress as my gloved hands will be covered in epoxy while laying epoxy soaked fiberglass pieces on top of the old compass - I can try though!!

Only clean up of this one is to knock down some bits that are not smooth both on the inside and outside of the cover - maybe glass on a strap to the cover to make it easier to get off?
Post 328 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok. I though you might be doing more to it, like a paint job or a way to secure it. As for taking pictures while making the cover, don't worry. I've done a bit of fiberglass work in my life so I'm familiar with how difficult that might be. LOL
Post 329 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Ok. I though you might be doing more to it, like a paint job or a way to secure it. As for taking pictures while making the cover, don't worry. I've done a bit of fiberglass work in my life so I'm familiar with how difficult that might be. LOL

sadly this basically just sits on the compass - so snug I need to maybe add a strap to help get it off! - white is the color for covers - helps reflect the suns damaging rays! I have different tint tubes to add color to the epoxy so should be good with no paint!
just a fun little project so my new compasses will maybe outlive me!!
Post 330 IP   flag post
615415 767 30