Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 519089

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@HAmistoso That's about 15 minutes from me.
They are almost finished with the track.
Train is super fast. Hope it has great brakes...lol....

I've taken it a few times between WPB and Miami - they don't go full throttle down here, maybe 90 tops.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
There’s an exhibit running at Kansas City’s Union Station right now “Spider-Man: Beyond Amazing”. They have some original art pieces I’d guess this group would recognize on display.

They also have costumes and props from both trilogies and Amazing.

Worth seeing for $20 if you’re in the area.
Post 252 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Cool but I don't know about 500 bucks cool

https://mcfarlane.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e7f2aab0d2271b5c5290a2b77&id=99bdba0aae&e=5485fd1337

Post 253 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I thought this was cool enough to be share-worthy:

Post 254 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Harbour Hopper "vs" Canadian Military Submarine, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Post 255 IP   flag post

My wife is putting together her classroom for "at-level" freshman English. She's a little scared, this is her first time teaching younger than college level and first time teaching English rather than Communications courses. Classes start on Wednesday:

Other than helping to move the couch, my main contribution is the top row. Just hoping to encourage the kids to want to read. I doubt they will be able to appreciate that I surrendered a couple of low-grade first-edition Classics Illustrated from my collection. Found a couple of Spanish language graphic novels (on the left side).
Post 256 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia maybe you can be a guest speaker sometime and her class can spend a week or two discussing the various comic book genres and writing styles. I'm sure they'd appreciate the break from reading a bunch of boring classics.

One of the best teachers I ever had taught Freshmen english and he couldn't even make some of the required reading seem interesting. He later got fired for sleeping with a student once she turned 18.
Post 257 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
One of the best teachers I ever had taught Freshmen english and he couldn't even make some of the required reading seem interesting. He later got fired for sleeping with a student once she turned 18.

I think I know that guy.
Post 258 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user

Stuff that was included in a shipment from a freelance comic artist I commissioned a cover from (I also bought the Spider-Man vs Mario art strip, he included the giant comic for free), along with the commissioned cover next to its inspiration.
Post 259 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
yesterdays light show.

Post 260 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Aboard ship the highlight of the day was the movie in the Mess Hall.
Every so often the ship would receive a reel of cartoons which was
offered as an added showing. Most of them were from WARNER BROTHERS
with ROAD RUNNER being the most popular. We sent a request to the studio
for some pictures of the characters which they sent along with this letter.

Post 261 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

I can spell soccer, but that's about as far as my fooootball knowledge goes. A great win for Nashville SC last night. Hopefully they can keep this train rolling long enough to see Messi in the League Cup finals.
Post 262 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
A set of six Big Bear Mountain drink cups from Dollywood. An easy $100 rescued from the trash bin after departure. A bet the kids were crying their eyes out.

We ❤️ Bears. Yes, yes we do.

Post 263 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I went shopping the other day and when I came back to my car I found this under my windshield wiper

I was wearing this shirt

I thought it was super cool that someone took the time to do this
Post 264 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user

The Baseball Project was at the Hamilton last night. The band has several members from REM (Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey, and Mike Mills), Steve Wynn from Dream Syndicate, and Linda Pitmon from Filthy Friends. The band started as a musical tribute to our national pastime.

They had a signing afterwards and gave out their baseball cards with photos when they were kids.

Wore my t-shirt from when I saw REM in concert back in college.
Post 265 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Did a little whale watching today. Deception Pass area. Lot of smoke in the air.

Post 266 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Spotless giraffe

https://www.newser.com/story/339183/this-baby-might-be-worlds-only-giraffe-without-spots.html?utm_source=8at8&utm_medium=email&utm_content=1638283025676308289&utm_campaign=20230822
Post 267 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry if this is a re-post. Matching up my OA with the comic book. I really dig this Juan Doe cover. Too bad Hollywood can’t get the movie right.

Post 268 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@doog yeah, quite smoky the last few days in the Northwest.
Post 269 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 270 IP   flag post
Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user
Couple of custom game consoles done me.

Post 271 IP   flag post
Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user
Some prints I got from Jay Ferguson. I only ordered one, he sent the rest for free and signed all of them(I think that's pretty cool)

Post 272 IP   flag post
Post 273 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I bought an actual bat cave at Tractor Supply, but it’s compartment was too wide for the small bats in my area. So I divided it into two narrower compartments and my son added his version of the bat signal.

Post 274 IP   flag post
@esaravo

May I ask what you are doing with a bat cave?
Post 275 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Some bats were getting into my attic and we had a pest company install measures to remove them and keep them out. Bats eat lots of mosquitoes, and my son wanted me to put up a place for the displaced bats to live.
Post 276 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo you have a compassionate son!!!! Bats are awesome!!!
Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up in Mississippi on a road trip. A C. W. Parker design, original paint, 1920’s or 30’s. Just need to borrow a tail from a horse.

Post 278 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Picked this up in Mississippi on a road trip. A C. W. Parker design, original paint, 1920’s or 30’s. Just need to borrow a tail from a horse.

It's really cool. And looks like you found a perfect spot for it in your house.
Post 279 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
11 copies for sale on consignment at my lcs, not including the other 3 copies already there.

Post 280 IP   flag post
615415 767 30