Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Toys

not comic related, but awful experience buying Funko Pop.19079

Collector ICollectsGeekStuff private msg quote post Address this user
So, I was buying a Funko I needed for my collection, and there was a seller who was selling the funko pop, so I bought it, and it was expected for Jan 27-31. No updates. I waited, but it then said "Arriving late, now expected Feb 1-Feb 2. It is now Feb 2, and it says arriving at 6 PM. An hour AFTER 6 PM, it's still not here. So a dig a little deeper, and the seller has A BUNCH of 1 star reviews saying that "they never got it" and "it never shipped' but Amazon is saying "The fulfillment issues associated with this order were not due to the seller" so I then decided to track the Funko pop with USPS. Now, Amazon said it was almost out for delivery. But, when I put it into USPS...

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

January 24, 2023

And even though I am p****d right now, I still calmly contact the seller, asking for a replacement. He never got back to me. here's the Amazon Store link so you can see for yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/sp?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceSeller=1&orderID=113-3580406-6485833&seller=A2O3423UPY806C
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
any way to just cancel and get a refund?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Maybe. I don't have the option to yet.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
You should be able to request a refund at any time after the arrival date for your purchase has passed. Once it's obvious the item hasn't been delivered, then it should be possible to initiate your refund for an item not delivered through 'Your Orders.'

I've never done this through Amazon Marketplace, but I have returned an item (it was not as described) a while back. It did work, though I found the process to be less straightforward than a refund/return through eBay.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, Amazon will make you wait a day or two after the delivery date. After that, they will issue you a refund if requested.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
The mail system is plagued with issues these days - storms, outages, labor shortages, etc. The fulfillment centers have similar problems. Never take the delivery estimates as gospel. It may limp along due to any number of reasons. The lack of tracking updates is a bit troubling, but it happens sometimes that the only 2 entries are for making the label, and when it arrives.

If something's not overdue by at least a week, giving it more time to arrive will likely cure the situation. No need to over-react. Your purchase price is always protected by marketplace policies and your credit card company.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
My problems are with international shipments. Cannot even tell you the number of times I've had "tracking number provided" followed by weeks of absolutely nothing until the item either shows up all of a sudden as "delivered" or the arrival date passes and I initiate my refund. I don't even order that much stuff from overseas.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Can you call your credit card company and have them cancel that transaction. That's what I've done in the past.
Post 8 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Amazon will make you whole if you don’t receive the item or if it is late, effectively zero risk.

Reach out to Amazon customer service for an issue like that, not the seller. Easy.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Amazon will make you whole if you don’t receive the item or if it is late, effectively zero risk.

Reach out to Amazon customer service for an issue like that, not the seller. Easy.

I tried that before I contacted the seller. But if you saw what Amazon did to the similar feedback I left(and mine), they didn't care. Also, I got a refund, and as of now, I have a another Funko coming by Monday.
Post 10 IP   flag post
601468 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?