Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

How Much Does This Defect Reduces Grade?1907

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Bought a modern comic through EBAY...looked absolutely awesome (9.8) and then as I flipped it over and took a close look at the corners and discovered this. From what I can tell it looks like basic wearing/flaking of the color...about 1/4 inch along the two edges (triangular). My hope is to send this in for a grade...I know I wont get 9.8...but I was wondering what I should expect for a grade assuming the remainder of the comic is a 9.6 (at worst).

Thoughts?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Closer view

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Thinking 9.4
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
If the only defect, and is noticeable....9.4.

I sent a book into CGC (Valiant Heroes stand alone promo 1996) that I counted two "dings"onit, expecting a 9.6 and rcvd a 9.6. But you had to look for them as they weren't that noticeable.

I think the "visual depth" of the defect will play a role in final grading.

IMO...*smiles*...I'm not any professional grader or anything like that. Just an "attention to detail" kind of guy.

Cheers and good luck...I'll cross my toes!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Seeing as how I had the same comic (different copy) come back as a 9.0 for a defect I had to hold up to the light at a 90 degree angle (and then keep pitching and rolling it around at slight angles until I spotted the ever-so-slight impression in the cover) I'm sure a reputable grader will notice this one...What I'm hearing is 9.4 at best for this one...which means most likely a 9.2 if they find ANYTHING else...
Post 5 IP   flag post
597868 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?