Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Have you ever had a fan letter published in a comic book? Post pictures!19069

Collector Chance_Bartels private msg quote post Address this user
Have you ever had a reader/fan letter published in a comic book? Post a photo of your published letter! Here's mine from 1984 when I was 13 which my parents framed for me. Was this the first "slab?"

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I sent a letter in back in 1968 and never saw it published nor did I get a reply.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Rafel Wow! What comic book title?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_Bartels

After reading MARVEL'S GHOST RIDER #2 (the Western), I sent a letter with about five different questions and never heard back or saw it (if it) was printed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:

After reading MARVEL'S GHOST RIDER #2 (the Western), I sent a letter with about five different questions and never heard back or saw it (if it) was printed.
@Rafel Maybe it WAS printed. but that book only lasted 6 issues, so that may be the reason it wasn't printed since the comic was cancelled.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:

@Rafel Maybe it WAS printed. but that book only lasted 6 issues, so that may be the reason it wasn't printed since the comic was cancelled.

It was 7 issues. I'll have to find raw issues. mine are all slabbed. It would be very cool to have it published.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I had a letter published in one of the Doom 2099 (1993) books, but I've forgotten which one and don't have them anymore. To put it mildly, I was stunned and amazed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a letter in an issue of Walt Simonson's IDW Ragnarok current title he does.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Not a fan letter but I did have fan art published in a comic when I was little. I’ve thought about signing it myself for a witnessed signature 😅
Post 9 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Years ago, I had a letter published in an issue of DC's HAWKWORLD (early 1990s) where I replied to an a-hole who wrote in and went on a sexist and racist rant about Hawkwoman where she was romantically involved with a character who was black. Essentially, he was ranting about his favourite characters changing and being "too woke" thirty years before anyone else. He was a bigot revolutionary, I guess.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Not a comic, but I got my picture and letter reprinted in Capcom's Craze Club Newsletter, praising Mega Man 5 (still imo the best Mega Man game).
Post 11 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Chance_Bartels is the letter on the outside of the book? Or was entire book window cut to show the letter?; if so then that’s wild.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
No. But when I was around 15, I sent a letter and picture of myself meeting Tom Keifer of Cinderella to Metal Edge magazine and they printed it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
I had a letter published in one of the Doom 2099 (1993) books, but I've forgotten which one and don't have them anymore. To put it mildly, I was stunned and amazed.

You can try scrolling through the issues here and you may find it.

https://readallcomics.com/doom-2099-003/

Looks like there's 44 issues to look through, but not all have fan mail pages.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
That is pretty cool. Pretty eloquent for 13! As it looks like that is a window hole cut in the comic I assume you're happy it didn't turn out to be a valuable key.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment

You can try scrolling through the issues here and you may find it.

https://readallcomics.com/doom-2099-003/

Looks like there's 44 issues to look through, but not all have fan mail pages.

WOW!! That's a cool site. I checked out the MARVEL WESTERN GHOST RIDERS 3-7 and didn't see my letter or that I was a MMM's club member. But I still have my posters, all eight of them!! It's things like this that make the FORUM so amazing!! Again, Thank you very much.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus3000
That is pretty cool. Pretty eloquent for 13! As it looks like that is a window hole cut in the comic I assume you're happy it didn't turn out to be a valuable key.
@Cerebus3000 Thanks! Yes, the frame company cut into the book to expose my fan/reader letter. Luckily, I have 2 other near mint copies of this book.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@Chance_Bartels is the letter on the outside of the book? Or was entire book window cut to show the letter?; if so then that’s wild.
@HulkSmash Yes, the frame company cut into the book.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
I had letters published in Legends of the Dark Knight 155, Catwoman V1 60, Catwoman V2 5, Martian Manhunter 28, The Titans 26, Supergirl 62 and JSA 22, 27, 28 and 39 (they’re my favorite team).

I also have a pull quote on the back of the first printing Batman Hush hardcover from back when I used to write reviews (Eric).

Post 19 IP   flag post
Very cool!!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
I had letters published in Legends of the Dark Knight 155, Catwoman V1 60, Catwoman V2 5, Martian Manhunter 28, The Titans 26, Supergirl 62 and JSA 22, 27, 28 and 39 (they’re my favorite team).

I also have a pull quote on the back of the first printing Batman Hush hardcover from back when I used to write reviews (Eric).

@KCBatmanFan That's great! Thanks for sharing!
Post 21 IP   flag post
600768 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?