Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Fantastic Four 252 NEWSSTAND w/Lakeside Tattooz?19061

Collector jaysonslade private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,
I'm very familiar with Lakeside Tattooz being in multiple Marvel issues from 3/1983. But one thing that I've recently been made aware of is that the CPV version (75 cent cover price version) may NOT have been produced with the Tattooz at all, even though it says so on the cover. Then, in researching the available copies online, it appears that is likely the case. However, it also brings up another thing. I do not even see a regular newsstand copy at all, USA or CPV, produced with the Tattooz. So now I'm really curious if anyone has ANY NEWSSTAND copy with Tattooz inside the comic. I find it hard to believe that regular newsstand copies missed the Tattooz too, but it may be possible. Hoping to get some really good insight and feedback since I enjoy collecting "organic variants" far more than the "mass produced variants."
Thanks in advance...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector manfred_spain private msg quote post Address this user
Yep! I have the following Tattooz variants in newsstand editions...

Amazing Spider-Man #238
Marvel Team-Up #127
Spectacular Spider-Man #76

I agree, though, that the CPV variants do not have the inserts.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
From what I've seen here, it is noted that FF 252 does not have a Tatooz CPV.

This eBay listing certainly appears to show the insert was in a US newsstand copy but was torn out.

I would say it exists but not sure how many might be available.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like I recall a lot of inserts being taken out of an FF252 and put in an ASM 238 - might be one reason they're often missing from the FF. I haven't actually laid eyes on one of those inserts in decades, so I don't know how feasible swapping them out really was.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector jaysonslade private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for all the great info!! Much appreciated.
Post 5 IP   flag post
597874 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?