Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Journey Into Mystery #84. F/VF For Sale19052

Collector SilverAgeSlanger private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice Jim. More pictures for those interested. 4000.00/shipped. Please reach me at lundsterscomics@gmail.com

Thanks!

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
more VG/VG+ in my opinion.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I already had to downgrade it from an 8.0(believe it or not that's what CGC case it came out of). Lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Here is a scan of it. Something about the light on the cover really reflects against it. Every little bend on the cover it makes it look 20 times worse and color breaking. ha
Post 4 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Reasoning?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Has the book been trimmed on the right edge?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Reasoning?
For taking a whole point off the grade? Still plenty of line color breaking ticks, and then plenty that dont break, it has a dull color, a few spots with the film over it on the cover that dull it more(its hopeless. Corners are too round for an 8.0 grade too, imo. I just don't feel comfortable selling this sayings its an 8.0 because the grade said 8.0. I can't defend their grade, only my opinion. ha But that's what doesn't keep it at an 8.0 Its a very nice 7.0 with a very attractive price. But an 8.0, you'd have to be blind.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeSlanger
Quote:
Reasoning?
For taking a whole point off the grade? Still plenty of line color breaking ticks, and then plenty that dont break, it has a dull color, a few spots with the film over it on the cover that dull it more(its hopeless. Corners are too round for an 8.0 grade too, imo. I just don't feel comfortable selling this sayings its an 8.0 because the grade said 8.0. I can't defend their grade, only my opinion. ha But that's what doesn't keep it at an 8.0 Its a very nice 7.0 with a very attractive price. But an 8.0, you'd have to be blind.

Reasoning to remove from the slab.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Reasoning?

it was for my own collection. every book is raw, so if price is good crack, crack. Lol but upgraded recently so thinning out some extras
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Has the book been trimmed on the right edge?
no trimming in The grading notes and Its been with me since loose.i have no reason to believe it was missed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Reasoning?

it was for my own collection. every book is raw, so if price is good crack, crack. Lol but upgraded recently so thinning out some extras

I suggest posting the “in CGC case” photos to help assuage any concerns.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I think thats pretty close , might get to VG+/F- with some luck but an 8.0 not so much
Post 12 IP   flag post
I can see it at a FN or FN+.

NM candidate with a good press and miracle.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
If this was my book and I was serious at selling it, I'd get it graded by a third party grading company.
Especially a book I'm not selling for $40 but $4k

Just my opinion.

Glwts
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
If this was my book and I was serious at selling it, I'd get it graded by a third party grading company.
Especially a book I'm not selling for $40 but $4k

Just my opinion.

Glwts
You would probably cringe then watching me crack what I do out of cases for myself. Lol I'm not going to send it in to get it put back in a case to sell it. I'd probably get it back and accidentally crack it back open. Haha
Post 15 IP   flag post
598060 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?