Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

horrible ebay experience.... FYI19044

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought a book on ebay from a seller "DDMUSK". Has 100% positive feedback.

Black Goliath #1 1974. Book is a low grade - advertised as 7.0. So im not expecting much. But the idiot shipped it in a mailer, bag and board with two torn pieces of cardboard on each side. Needless to say, it arrived bent by post office. I started the return - he's denying it claiming "there is no damage".

Here is the auction photo.

Here is how it was delivered

YES - THOSE ARE THE CARDBOARD RIPS HE USED. The corrugation of the cardboard even caused ripples in the cover of the book.

I have to wait until Feb 3rd before I can get ebay to step in to approve the return. So frustrating. After looking deeper - i see he has had 40 negatives that he got the customer to revise to positives. That's a red flag that I missed...
Post 1 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Reason #14 that we abandoned eBay completely several years ago.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Yep - send it back.
Not even debatable for that level of incompetence. Unacceptable

Blocking him as well.

Thx
Post 3 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@figment @Nuffsaid111

Thanks for the support. I didn’t think I was crazy. The eBay return should be approved on February 3 - hopefully.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ICollectsGeekStuff private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. If this was my comic I would've been ticked. Did you give him the negative feedback he deserves?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ICollectsGeekStuff private msg quote post Address this user
also is this him? https://www.ebay.com/str/ddmusk
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah that's bad. I would be surprised if this was the only book he damaged by his lazy packaging
Post 7 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Ebay sucks.

I still use it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Yeah that's bad. I would be surprised if this was the only book he damaged by his lazy packaging

Anyone shipping like that doesn’t care. They will spend their effort on the back-end to clean up messes.

Remember, many buyers don’t protest.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@ICollectsGeekStuff yes, that is him.

And I can’t leave negative feedback until the case is closed

@Davethebrave Agreed
Post 10 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Just had roughly the same situation on some really nice books I won that the seller shipped media mail(not the shipping method advertised) that got smashed and bent during the shipping to my residence. Shows a complete lack of care on the sellers end, I hope you get fully refunded. Thanks for the info so I can flag this seller as one not to buy from.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
How do you see revised feedback? I would have never thought to look for that.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Rbolton

pull up his feedback - click the tab that says "received as seller" that's bold. Then the "revised feedback" will pop up (see red circle i made)

Post 13 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Ebay sucks.

I still use it.

Me, too. Guilty as charged.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@multi007
That looks like it would have been a nice book to have. What a shame.

I've had sellers send me stuff in similar packaging, too. It arrives damaged, I contact the seller, I send photos, and I've always either (a) received a partial refund or (b) sent the item back for a full refund. I'm stunned the jerk is contesting your claim when the damage is so obvious and the reason for the damage is equally obvious. I just don't understand why anyone ships using the cardboard sandwich. It offers flip-all for protection!

Also, I fully agree with @Nuffsaid111. Block that knucklehead as soon as it's all settled.
Post 15 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I use eBay mostly for non-comics items. And if I were to buy a comic, then it will be from an seller that I have dealt with in the past. It’s too much of a pain in the a55 and time consuming on dealing with a novice seller when there is a problem.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Well, a turn of events. Not sure why but he "approved" the return and sent me a return shipping label.

Why he went through this whole thing only to approve the return is beyond me...

Im sending it back in a Gemini with a note "This is how you ship low cost comics. More expensive ones go in a box!"
Post 17 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Just bought a book on ebay from a seller "DDMUSK". Has 100% positive feedback.

Black Goliath #1 1974. Book is a low grade - advertised as 7.0. So im not expecting much. But the idiot shipped it in a mailer, bag and board with two torn pieces of cardboard on each side. Needless to say, it arrived bent by post office. I started the return - he's denying it claiming "there is no damage".

I have to wait until Feb 3rd before I can get ebay to step in to approve the return. So frustrating. After looking deeper - i see he has had 40 negatives that he got the customer to revise to positives. That's a red flag that I missed...

Mmmmm, gummy peaches. Right up there with gummy grapefruit!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia "Mmmmm, gummy peaches. Right up there with gummy grapefruit!"

LOVE them!
Post 19 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The stuff will kill ya!
Post 20 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
unless you press. that is no longer a 7.0 sadly
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 but you die with a Smile!

@power_struggle55 Sucks for him
Post 22 IP   flag post
@multi007 thank you for the info!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
It's a bummer, whether it's feBay, whateverNot, and a few others, some sellers will package as cheaply as possible to maximize their own little profits on the product and shipping costs. shrug... I still use both.
Post 24 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Yep - send it back.

Blocking him as well.

Thx

Just curious... how does one go about blocking a seller on eBay?

I'm asking seriously... I'd like to know how since I've wanted to block people but can't see how to do it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Yep - send it back.

Blocking him as well.

Thx

I'm asking seriously... I'd like to know how since I've wanted to block people but can't see how to do it.

You cant "block" a SELLER. Only a buyer.

But you can metaphorically block a seller by not buying from him? lol
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Yep - send it back.

Blocking him as well.

Thx

Just type 'block buyer on ebay' into Google and you'll get eBay's instructions on how to block a buyer. I have to do this everytime because I can never remember how to do it. Getting old sucks!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Quote:
Quote:
Yep - send it back.

Blocking him as well.

Thx

You cant "block" a SELLER. Only a buyer.

But you can metaphorically block a seller by not buying from him? lol

There's a way to exclude a buyer from your eBay searches (I've never done it, but I should have a couple times), but you can block them from contacting you in any way by blocking them as a buyer. The block also blocks communication, not just bidding.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying-Q-A/Is-there-any-way-to-block-specific-sellers-from-search-results/qaq-p/31580667
Post 29 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Wow.

I bet the seller stated something along the line of “ I’ve been shipping like this for years and never had any issues” possibly in all caps and several exclamation points. Just like every other seller I’ve had this issue with.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601480 106 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?