Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Restoration and Conservation

Cover replacement>> Is it considered restoration>?19039

Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
Lets say you have a FF #15 MINT cover but missing pages, and you ALSO have a
FF#15 poor cover but mint book. If you marry the 2 ,the cover of the one and the book of the other (lets assume you do a bang-up,spot on job) is THAT going to get you a regular label?
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
nope

Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I have no problem with marrying spare parts of books and making a whole book out of it. However, I do agree that when it happens it should be noted on the label of the graded book.
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
As posted above, that would get you a married cover designation.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, thank you all. I guess i wont even bother
Post 5 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Tyler Can I have your FF #15 mint cover and mint book then? 😄
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm with @DWeeB1967 . I'll take that FF #15 cover and innards and Frankenstein them. No problem!

By the way, anyone have a cover for a Showcase #14? I'd like my poor, naked, coverless pages to finally get decent.
Post 7 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
I'm with @DWeeB1967 . I'll take that FF #15 cover and innards and Frankenstein them. No problem!

By the way, anyone have a cover for a Showcase #14? I'd like my poor, naked, coverless pages to finally get decent.

Unfortunately, all my Showcase books are later stuff... in the 50s and after. I'll keep my eyes peeled, though. I did just see a dealer with a bunch of older Showcase books recently.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
@Tyler That's assuming that the married parts are caught or noticed by the "Professional Graders" i would venture a guess that plenty of "married books" can go unnoticed
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
@Tyler That's assuming that the married parts are caught or noticed by the "Professional Graders" i would venture a guess that plenty of "married books" can go unnoticed

I suspect there are some that slip through the cracks, too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
598060 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?