Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Shipping to CBCS from Canada19029

I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, I am wondering how my fellow Canadians are shipping their books to CBCS now that the Oakville outlet is no longer an option?

Are you using Canpar? FedEx? Canada Post?

Thanks!

p.s. anyone here from Nova Scotia? (Halifax [HRM] in particular?)
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I use Canada Post to send to CBCS and select CanPar for return delivery as FedEx charges brokerage fees etc.

Ottawa Ontario
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BillinCanada private msg quote post Address this user
The only shipment I made so far was to Oakville when open. Got my books back a month ago - had better luck than GAC with Fedex as no extra charges (though honestly I had expected them to charge me for something). Good luck with whatever route you choose! Oh I'm from just outside Saint John, NB.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
@BillinCanada Keep checking your mail. Usually Fedex sends you a bill for the fees about 1-3 months (or more) after you receive your comics. I got a bill for mine almost 4 or 5 months after receiving my comics once.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Silversorrow - Thanks for the tip. Sending a bill months after getting a delivery sounds more like the courier companies all right. what stuff did they dream up to charge you?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@BillinCanada just got my fedex bill...didnt open but it will be brokerage fees.... will call to get them lifted!

I send using Canada Post...or drop at a convention. Might have to use a mail service in the US to avoid the Fedex BS....only I don't like jumping over the river even for 30 or 45 minutes much anymore...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
@BillinCanada Most times they just send me a bill for their broker surcharge, I can't remember the exact name of it, it's $25.00. One time though they also were going to charge me duty, luckily I had kept the documentation that came with my comic that stated "Canadian goods being returned to owner". Even that wasn't good enough for the first person I talked to at Fedex, they said that I would need to prove that it was mine with a receipt or something (a comic I got for my birthday from my dad almost 30 years ago....). Later I finally I talked to someone with some common sense and they waived the duty charges.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
I handle shipments to Canada for three different Canadian customers - always ship 12-24 slabs at a time so they don’t have 3 or 4 (or more) separate packages. Also have a corporate rate shipping account that ships massive volumes for better pricing (FedEx or UPS included).

And when orders are completed I pick up directly at CBCS in Plano TX. We can submit under your CBCS account as “PICK UP” so you can track the progress of the order yourself (then you let us know when it’s ready and advise CBCS we are picking up for you after it’s finished).

Two customers near Vancouver BC and one in Timmins ON. They also use us for pressing so the shipping benefit is just a perk of that- but we handle all subs for them (if they send in 4 for press and another 8 just to grade they are all handled by us). We would only ask that at least a percentage of the sub be using our services- obviously some books are not needing to be pressed. If you become a regular customer we would gladly handle pickup / ship ups with your other orders.

we cover shipping in to the grading services- so you only pay shipping down then shipping back up (combined orders).

We are located in Klamath Falls OR (pressing operation) but our grading service fulfillment / operations is in Monroe LA (5 hours east of CBCS) and Allen TX (10 minutes from CBCS headquarters).

We are also an authorized dealer for CBCS and I have personally met most of the CBCS crew.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone for your replies. The only other grading/pressing I've had done was once by the company-that-cannot-be-named and this thread reminded me I did have a Fedex bill for around $20 though it was emailed to me a couple of days after the delivery last July. No actually it was mailed to me - paid it online. I do have the option of setting up a delivery location in Calais, ME, but at the price of gas I likely won't. Happy collecting!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Cerebus3000 private msg quote post Address this user
My question about shipping from Canada is related to insurance. I have heard that insurance through the couriers is probably not going to cover collectables, or at least will be quite limited. Does anyone have a recommendation for Canadians similar to what is available down south, or is ship and pray our only real option.
Post 10 IP   flag post
601329 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?