Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

Verified Signature but for the Wrong Person19025

Collector Brservice776 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I had a comic graded that was signed by the author that was submitted for me by a comic shop owner. I got it back recently and saw the signature was verified. However, the verified signature on the label says its verified by the artist, a different person. Is there anything I can do about this since I was not the one who submitted it originally?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector caleb1138 private msg quote post Address this user
Are you saying that CBCS mistakenly verified a signature as someone it wasn't? That's not very comforting.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yeah I believe that's what happened. I bought thr book from the author himself, Chad Lambert but the name on the label said the signature is for Michael DiPascale, the author
Post 3 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Brservice776
Welcome to the forum!

This is pretty special. Do you have a photo of the signature and label?
Post 4 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brservice776
Yeah I believe that's what happened. I bought thr book from the author himself, Chad Lambert but the name on the label said the signature is for Michael DiPascale, the author

Speaking of errors…

Might be helpful to post a photo of the book and signature to help clear this up?
Post 5 IP   flag post

Here's some pictures of it, just want to double check that I'm not mistaken
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Brservice776
WOW, that is very special indeed. That signature does NOT look like the 'MD' in a box on the lower right that appears to be Dipascale's signature. I don't even have to look at it cross-eyed to see that it does look like the signature could be Chad Lambert.

I believe that can be sent back by whoever sent it in the first place - in your case, the shop owner - and get fixed for free. That is clearly a labeling error.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I now live 5 hours away from that shop but I should eventually be back in that area at some point and have him send it back. Thank you.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Brservice776
I'd consider sending it back to the shop sooner rather than later. If you wait too long, they may not fix it for free. The grace period for returns is, I believe, two weeks, but with a labeling error so obvious, they might give you more time. Also, send word to the shop owner right away, so they can start the ball rolling ASAP. CBCS's customer service will likely take its sweet time getting back to the shop owner anyway, so you could wind up with plenty of time to figure out how to get the book back to the shop.

Good luck!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks, hopefully it's not too late at this point because it's been a bit already, I wasn't sure what to do and didn't know about this forum previously. That's on me for not finding it earlier though
Post 10 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
They obviously got distracted by her butt and verified the signature on the right instead.
Post 11 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Thanks, hopefully it's not too late at this point because it's been a bit already, I wasn't sure what to do and didn't know about this forum previously. That's on me for not finding it earlier though

Nah, you should not be held to any strict timeline to rectify an error like this (or at least the submitter shouldn’t be).
Post 12 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I had a similar example of a CBCS sig verification screwup that I had bought already graded. I got sborok’s attention and all was made right. Now that he isn’t there I’m very curious as to what CBCS will do.
The obvious nature of the error should make CBCS want the book back to correct the label, expedited, their cost. Getting ahold of the right person at CBCS is the hard part.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
The obvious nature of the error should make CBCS want the book back to correct the label, expedited, their cost.

Exactly. It's so obvious that it's a labeling error and not a good advertisement or their services. I think they'll want it taken care of ASAP.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I sent them an email and they asked me to give them 24 to 48 hours to escalate this situation to the correct department. They responded very quickly so I am just going to wait to see what happens.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Brservice776
That's great you got their attention so quickly! Now if I can just get them to respond to me that fast...
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
It seems the replies that ask you to wait a little longer come right away.
The replies you actually need, however...
Post 17 IP   flag post
They just got back to me again saying they can't do anything for me directly but they want the original submitter to reach out to them to further the process. I just messaged the shop owner who submitted for me so we'll see what happens.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I have had a few books with more than one signature that they verified just one of them. Back then they were not always on the cover, and sometimes further in than the splash too.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Brservice776
Doesn't surprise me at all that they want the original submitter to deal with the return. That's how it works with damages/defects, so it should be the same with label errors, too.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
They just got back to me again saying they can't do anything for me directly but they want the original submitter to reach out to them to further the process. I just messaged the shop owner who submitted for me so we'll see what happens.

I hope they don't tell the shop owner they need to get you to contact CS.
Post 21 IP   flag post
600857 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?