Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Ebandy private msg quote post Address this user
What does the * beside the grade mean .
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
It means the book looks better than the assigned grade. Usually because the defects are mostly on the interior of the book and not visible in the slab
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
Its in the FAQ, Check Mark. Shows as asterisk in your profile. It basically means the comic looks much better than the grade from my understanding.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/grades

I got it on one of my comics also.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Ebandy private msg quote post Address this user
OK thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaz13
Its in the FAQ, Check Mark. Shows as asterisk in your profile. It basically means the comic looks much better than the grade from my understanding.

Can I ask why you slabbed that?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaz13

Can I ask why you slabbed that?

I'm a big Goblin fan(Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, and Jack O Lantern) and this is Jack O lanterns 2nd appearance. Plus I just like the cover. Its nothin' valuable, just a personal fav I've had since was a kid.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Cool cover.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I got that copy...might check to see what condition its in. I like the whole jackal/jack-o'lantern story line. Thanks for the posting!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Hellshrike private msg quote post Address this user
I just received my first * for my Action Comics #1 Loot Crate Exclusive Variant. Wish it was the original but this is a good reproduction. 9.4* So is this * considered a good thing?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellshrike
I just received my first * for my Action Comics #1 Loot Crate Exclusive Variant. Wish it was the original but this is a good reproduction. 9.4* So is this * considered a good thing?

I don't know enough about it to know how beneficial it is to the comic's value. But having something that essentially "looks" better than it's grade I don't think can be a bad thing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
It's used when the notable defect is interior and just viewing the outside one would assume a higher grade. Being that it looks better than a 9.4, you might be able to get a higher price than other 9.4s. Not sure how the market perceives these though.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I got this book back from CBCS. I think the checkmark causes confusion more than anything else. How do you explain that to a potential buyer? Umm..it should have graded higher but oh well its an 8.5. I don't think it helps at all. Better just give me the 8.5 without the checkmark and be done with it. I had some people ask me if it was restored because of the checkmark. I think they should explain on the label. Just my 2 cents.

Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
It's not hard to explain, checkmark means there's an interior flaw not visible from the outside of the slab and the book presents visibly better than the grade witch is accurate.
Post 13 IP   flag post
598060 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?