Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Is this a pressable defect?1901

CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Here's a comic I'd like to test out...someone's services with. It's not worth much in the state its in now...and probably not even after pressed...but It's a good item for someone willing to test their skills. The $10 fee alone is worth the entertainment/lessons learned for me. I also have issue 239 in the same state. Amazingly (pun intended) the majority of the indentations away from the spine are not color breaking...which is why I'm curious to see how much its appearance can be improved.

I'll post the before and after of a similar book later today.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Very interested to see a comparison of a similar book.

I'm not really aware of the limitations of pressing yet, but if damage similar to that on the ASM can be pressed out, that will be, well, nothing short of impressive.
Post 27 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
It was up for debate if this was a poor initial press job, or water damage. I saw no tide marks or other issues to indicate water.
Post 28 IP   flag post
After.

Post 29 IP   flag post
One more for the heck of it.

Post 30 IP   flag post

After.

Post 31 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics great looking books. I havent found a non color breaking bend that can't be removed if done proper.
My toughest though was an older book where someone had a notepad paper or something on top and had tapped the tip of a sharp pencil (I assume) about 10 times.
So the comic had minscule deep indenting pox lIke marks. Any harder and they would have poked through the cover. I am sure you have seen something similar.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics, beautiful results. Thanks for posting.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@CFP_Comics great looking books. I havent found a non color breaking bend that can't be removed if done proper.
My toughest though was an older book where someone had a notepad paper or something on top and had tapped the tip of a sharp pencil (I assume) about 10 times.
So the comic had minscule deep indenting pox lIke marks. Any harder and they would have poked through the cover. I am sure you have seen something similar.

I did an ASM 122 that had about 50 of those pencil point indents. Took me most of the day but I got them all.
Post 34 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics lol cool it took me awhile to. Glad I'm not the only one. Outside of some spine roll, the pencil points were to me the toughest.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector gary_k private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Here's a comic I'd like to test out...someone's services with. It's not worth much in the state its in now...and probably not even after pressed...but It's a good item for someone willing to test their skills. The $10 fee alone is worth the entertainment/lessons learned for me. I also have issue 239 in the same state. Amazingly (pun intended) the majority of the indentations away from the spine are not color breaking...which is why I'm curious to see how much its appearance can be improved.

with whoever you choose make sure they are careful with the tattoos if the book has them .
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think it does. Not sure what they do/did look like. It's not a valuable book given the interior and back had some weird residue. If I have it pressed it'll be for fun to test pressings limitations.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
After.

That is absolutely amazing you were able to save that book!! Very impressed.
Post 38 IP   flag post
601196 38 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?