Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademarkcomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
This is done when the submitter is entering the information for the book they are submitting.

I question if it is really that easy. If one could get the double cover label just by choosing it, then presumably a submitter could get any pedigree they want on a label through that same option.

May have been only a temporary glitch...kind of like how double covers themselves are created?

Well, between glitch, and your claim of letting people randomly choose variants, pedigrees and errors for their labels....I'll go with glitch.

I made no such claim. I've been using the term "loophole", which is a synonym of "flaw" or "glitch". I simply said it's possible people are taking advantage of the loophole/glitch not that they definitely were. Regardless, if it's just a glitch, temporary or not, hopefully it has been or will be fixed. Even if that glitch is that they failed to complete the labels and grading notes with separate grades for each cover.
Post 101 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my Kamandi 1 label.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Even if that glitch is that they failed to complete the labels and grading notes with separate grades for each cover.

This is what I suspect is going on. Whoever does the data entry for labels has been forgetting that double covers have the little extra bit added on.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@GAC
DUDE! That is hilarious!
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@GAC
DUDE! That is hilarious!

lol!! I definitely had a chuckle when I got that back.🍻
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector trademarkcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Here's my Kamandi 1 label.

That's just terrible...

Post 106 IP   flag post
I guess we can safely say that someone didn't get the memo.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Quote:
Even if that glitch is that they failed to complete the labels and grading notes with separate grades for each cover.

This is what I suspect is going on. Whoever does the data entry for labels has been forgetting that double covers have the little extra bit added on.

Definitely possible. But both the label and the grading notes being empty makes me wonder if it's a bit more than that. The one thing we can all agree on is the label and grading notes are incomplete and the grading notes are if it's really a double cover or not. Even regular 9.8s should have at least a grading comment. Why is it not a 9.9+? I realize there's a backlog, but hire some more people then! It takes just a second or two to add "Slight blunting of spine".
Post 108 IP   flag post
Quote:

Post 109 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Loophole isn’t synonymous with glitch.

The former implies some intent (exploitation of an opportunity) to avoid a rule.

The latter is closer to error or aberration.

My issue with your commentary are the constant inferences of bad actions/actors from likely innocent errors (or not).

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
This is done when the submitter is entering the information for the book they are submitting.

I question if it is really that easy. If one could get the double cover label just by choosing it, then presumably a submitter could get any pedigree they want on a label through that same option.

May have been only a temporary glitch...kind of like how double covers themselves are created?

Well, between glitch, and your claim of letting people randomly choose variants, pedigrees and errors for their labels....I'll go with glitch.

I made no such claim. I've been using the term "loophole", which is a synonym of "flaw" or "glitch". I simply said it's possible people are taking advantage of the loophole/glitch not that they definitely were. Regardless, if it's just a glitch, temporary or not, hopefully it has been or will be fixed. Even if that glitch is that they failed to complete the labels and grading notes with separate grades for each cover.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

To clarify, in case it's needed, my snarky comment was in reference to the note on the 'Kamandi' label. Oh, sorry, the 'Kamandi the Last Boy on Earth' label.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

The former implies some intent (exploitation of an opportunity) to avoid a rule.

My issue with your commentary are the constant inferences of bad actions/actors from likely innocent errors (or not).

Semantics? I'm always up for some antics.

My issue with your commentary is that you're just looking to fight. I'm not, I just want to discuss the original topic I put forward. So you win. Congrats.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

To clarify, in case it's needed, my snarky comment was in reference to the note on the 'Kamandi' label. Oh, sorry, the 'Kamandi the Last Boy on Earth' label.

That gif was the infamous "Didn't you get the memo?" from Batman Begins. I got what you were saying just fine.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

My issue with your commentary is that you're just looking to fight. I'm not, I just want to discuss the original topic I put forward. So you win. Congrats.

Not intending to cause any arguments here but language is important...even more so on forums where there are no other visible queues of communication.

Carry on 🍻.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

Not intending to cause any arguments here but language is important...even more so on forums where there are no other visible queues of communication.

Carry on 🍻.

Well in my defense, I will say that a synonym of "loophole" is "flaw" and a synonym of "flaw" is "glitch". So they are at least related words. A loophole can be a glitch in a system that someone could take advantage of. But once again, we're getting off track worried about how I'm using the English language. Now I seem to remember why I don't post here much.
Post 115 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

Carry on 🍻.

Well in my defense, I will say that a synonym of "loophole" is "flaw" and a synonym of "flaw" is "glitch". So they are at least related words. A loophole can be a glitch in a system that someone could take advantage of. But once again, we're getting off track worried about how I'm using the English language. Now I seem to remember why I don't post here much.

What you want is everyone to agree that the seller is either a “Boomer” or trying to scam people through this “loophole” they somehow stumbled upon. Must apply to anyone selling these books without the expected notes because everyone is informed on double cover label protocols and/or should be glued to their phones at all times (Boomers excepted).

Fine, I agree. Carry on.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That gif was the infamous "Didn't you get the memo?" from Batman Begins. I got what you were saying just fine.

Just wanted to make sure. I think this is a valid topic for discussion. If one of my double-covers came back to me (I have another one at CBCS right now) without grades for each cover, I would send it back and get it corrected.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Quote:
But once again, we're getting off track worried about how I'm using the English language.

English is a ridiculously complex language. I am so grateful it's my native language. I can't imagine what a b*tch it must be to try to learn as a second language.
Post 118 IP   flag post
615705 118 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?