Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Complete Mystery 3 from 1948, signed by Stan Lee and Allen Bellman.

Post 2201 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Mini yellow
Post 2202 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
One of my oldest yellow covers:

Post 2203 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
This is my oldest yellow banner cover.

'Tec #18 with Craig Flessel's stunning Fu Manchu cover is also one of the coolest Edgar Church copies in my collection...

Post 2204 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
My oldest yellow cover 1935
Post 2205 IP   flag post

"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2206 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

OO

mm
Post 2207 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Working my way through the final days of GA Cap here's the first of two books anticipating Bucky's departure from the series. Captain America #65 (CGC, 9.2 Crippen "D" copy) sports a Syd Shores cover and a painful lesson for Bucky...

Can't blame Cap too much for lusting after that "sly, lovely girl" in the red dress.

The cover teaser says it all: "DON'T MISS THE STARTLING CLIMAX...!"

I kinda got sidetracked a few pages back by my own jaundiced attraction to the "yeller" cover discussions. Here's the second of the two key issues of Captain America Comics culminating in the last appearance of Bucky Barnes in CA #66 (CGC, 8.0).

From the prior issues slap-down to the dramatic shot delivered by another femme fatale, it's clear Bucky was headed for his final bow in the Sidekick's Lounge. Following this issue Cap would partner with the alluring Golden Girl, a team up that would last through the brief remainder of the 1940's series (both CA #65 & #66 have covers by Syd Shores)...

These two Timely's are tough in any grade.
Post 2208 IP   flag post
Captain America #71 (CGC 8.0, White PQ, Crippen "D" copy)...

Post 2209 IP   flag post
Captain America #73 (CGC 7.5 White PQ, next to last issue of 40's Cap) ...

Post 2210 IP   flag post
Finishing out GA Cap with one of the most sought after titles (and one of the toughest in grade), Captain America's Weird Tales #74 (CGC 7.0 White PQ)...

Post 2211 IP   flag post
1939 shoe store giveaway in mint condition. Unable to locate any other copies. None graded. Sending this in next week.

Post 2212 IP   flag post
One of my favorite Quinlin Cat-Man covers (awesome perspective)...

Post 2213 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
There are too many to quote. I just have to say, you all have beautiful books. I am very jealous. I’ve been collecting for years and have yet to own one single golden age. I need to remedy this.

Keep them coming.
Post 2214 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
There are too many to quote. I just have to say, you all have beautiful books. I am very jealous. I’ve been collecting for years and have yet to own one single golden age. I need to remedy this.

Keep them coming.

All you gotta do is just buy one, and your hooked!
Post 2215 IP   flag post
Yep start with one. It's a slippery slope though.lol
Post 2216 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

Keep them coming.

I tried to get out of GA collecting and they pulled me back in!
Post 2217 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Keep them coming.

Hee he he!!!
Post 2218 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Yep, it's an addiction I can't seem to shake.

GA comics provide a monkey-on-your-back high that can't be purchased with chimp change, ...but will still probably be cheaper than the gorilla your dreams.

Note: These sets used to be rotated in my signature line on another board. A few of these books have been traded or sold to leverage other books and for future upgrades.
Post 2219 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Keep them coming.

Hee he he!!!

There is no escape!
Post 2220 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like I may be joining the Mafia. Lol
Post 2221 IP   flag post
Quote:

Seduction Of The Innocent
Post 2222 IP   flag post
Quote:

As I understand it CBCS doesn't expect their supporters to kiss Rings.
Post 2223 IP   flag post
National #16 is an awesome Lou Fine cover. Uncle Sam, bigger than life, battling a decaying warrior demonstrates how America of the 1940's could rise to the occasion when called upon to repair the damage done by power hungry dictators who oppress their people and endanger the security of the world...

Poor Uncle Sam probably finds the complicated aspects of the current, more manipulative government depressingly difficult to make sense of in modern times. If asked to wear a MAGA hat, he'd probably just say "No thank you, what's wrong with The one I'm wearing?" The tactics employed to defeat a common enemy back in WWII were easy to figure out and made perfect sense, ...but times change. Like Pogo, today's Uncle Sam is probably thinking: "I've seen the enemy and he is us!"
Post 2224 IP   flag post
Collector George private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2225 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by George

WOW!! Love that you included 'Isis' here. You must be from my generation Cool set, Congrats!
Post 2226 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still stuck on yellow

Post 2227 IP   flag post
Collector George private msg quote post Address this user
I grew up loving the Isis/Shazam hour. Enjoy the kid power super hour with Shazam also. Captain Marvel was my favorite because he was a kid just like me who could be a superhero. Nothing better! Not a big fan of the new Shazam though. Hate the cape and the hood and most of the costume now. The original was one of the best costumes of all time I believe. Looking forward to the movie though. I have come to a conclusion that Captain Marvel and Shazam are two different characters in different universes.
Post 2228 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
DISNEY yellow.

OO

mm
Post 2229 IP   flag post
Very rare Two volume slipcase edition from the late 80's of Captain America #1-10. It was pulled immediately after release for obscene touch-ups to Cap & Bucky that weren't discovered until this edition went to press.
...Big ooops!

Post 2230 IP   flag post
611411 5660 30