Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2176 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2177 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
My definition of Golden Age ends before the 50's, so I don't post much in this thread. I simply don't own a lot. I guess I can post some of my low grade EC's.
I forgot I owned this.

Post 2178 IP   flag post

Post 2179 IP   flag post
Collector kash private msg quote post Address this user
Many of us above a certain age refer to everything up until the code as Golden because the Atom Age term wasn't around until we were well into adulthood and had been collecting for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
My definition of Golden Age ends before the 50's, so I don't post much in this thread. I simply don't own a lot. I guess I can post some of my low grade EC's.
I forgot I owned this.

Post 2180 IP   flag post

Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

Amazing Pedigree copy!! Just stunning!
Post 2181 IP   flag post
Quote:

Toughie!! Wow, Congrats!!
Post 2182 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Quote:

If you like that then you might love this. 1st app in Tip top #172 and the first four peanuts covers. I found these in a box of crappy books. As you know I usually stay high grade, but had these grade when someone told me to go look for them. Up to that point I never knew anything about them. Glad I didn't toss them, lol. I have never seen all 5 of these together before. I guess they are scarce.
Post 2183 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Quote:

If you like that then you might love this. 1st app in Tip top #172 and the first four peanuts covers. I found these in a box of crappy books. As you know I usually stay high grade, but had these grade when someone told me to go look for them. Up to that point I never knew anything about them. Glad I didn't toss them, lol. I have never seen all 5 of these together before. I guess they are scarce.
Home Run my man, Home Run! These are on fire now, and seeing all of them together in one shot is just amazing!!
You are the man!
Post 2184 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Quote:

Home Run my man, Home Run! These are on fire now, and seeing all of them together in one shot is just amazing!!
You are the man!
well thanks but not sure about being the man. You wanna here the sick part in the same box was Peanuts #1, which 5 years ago I knew was hot. I had it graded long before I knew about these. It came back a 6.0 if I recall. I sold it for a good chunk of change.
Had I known I would have kept it with these 5 comics and sold the group of 6. Probably would have brought quite a price as you will likely never see all 6 together. Uggg...would have been cool to see.
Someone told me my group of 5 might be worth 5k or more. Was thinking of selling them, as low grade ain't my thing usually. Having a hard time letting any books go as I am still in collector mode.
Post 2185 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 I can relate. I really have to force myself to sell sometimes because sometimes you just have too to keep buying.
If you do sell those I'd recommend going through Heritage. I think you'd get the best bang for your buck there.
Post 2186 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Got to love Crime and Punishment. From 1952.

Post 2187 IP   flag post
Well, I've described the stuff as post-Golden & Pre-Silver. I don't use the term Atom Age either.
Post 2188 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
My Tip Top 186 is in right now for a press and grade. I cannot wait to get it back.

Nice books everyone!
Post 2189 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
The HARLEQUIN...not HARLEY QUINN.

OO

mm
Post 2190 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
The HARLEQUIN...not HARLEY QUINN.

OO

mm
Cool DC Marty!!
Post 2191 IP   flag post
Yellow

Post 2192 IP   flag post
..More Yellow
Post 2193 IP   flag post
Yellow
Post 2194 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Well, if we're still hangin' tough on "yeller" covers then I've got a few that should make the grade. For instance, this (CGC 9.2 OW) copy of Cat-Man #1 with Quinlan cover has loads of yellow...

Post 2195 IP   flag post

Post 2196 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
I was always told "If you dig deep enough...".

OO

mm
Post 2197 IP   flag post

Post 2198 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s Astonishing from 1952. Signed by Stan Lee and Russ Heath.

Post 2199 IP   flag post
Yellow again

Post 2200 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Complete Mystery 3 from 1948, signed by Stan Lee and Allen Bellman.

Post 2201 IP   flag post
Mini yellow
Post 2202 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
One of my oldest yellow covers:

Post 2203 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
This is my oldest yellow banner cover.

'Tec #18 with Craig Flessel's stunning Fu Manchu cover is also one of the coolest Edgar Church copies in my collection...

Post 2204 IP   flag post
My oldest yellow cover 1935
Post 2205 IP   flag post
618083 5683 30