CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2151 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
and now with a proper scan...Judy Foster! She secretly started the yellow theme unbeknownst to all.




Very nice book. Much better scan, still a tad dark, but much clearer overall (CGC Newton Rings notwithstanding) and nice PQ.
.
Post 2152 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
You don't realize how many yellow covers you have until you start actively looking for them...


Post 2153 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito I know right
Post 2154 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
I did a Thread on Yellow covers on the (ahem) Forum across the street not too far back. Had great input. Some more 'Yella"
Post 2155 • IP   flag post


Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2156 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 File copy. Dell was one of the few comic publishers to eschew the CCA and still get their books distributed. Very nice book. I'm sure Paul Newman would've approved, his character pops against that yellow background.

"Yeller" covers were popular with publishers in the GA as they were guaranteed attention grabbers on racks. Here's another Fine example that was a Hit with 40's kids...



.
Post 2157 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2158 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2159 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2160 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2161 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2162 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2163 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2164 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2165 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2166 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2167 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2168 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2169 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2170 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2171 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2172 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I've never seen this book before. Very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Post 2173 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user


OO

mm
Post 2174 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Zoot #1

Post 2175 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2176 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2177 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
My definition of Golden Age ends before the 50's, so I don't post much in this thread. I simply don't own a lot. I guess I can post some of my low grade EC's.
I forgot I owned this.

Post 2178 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2179 • IP   flag post
Collector kash private msg quote post Address this user
Many of us above a certain age refer to everything up until the code as Golden because the Atom Age term wasn't around until we were well into adulthood and had been collecting for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
My definition of Golden Age ends before the 50's, so I don't post much in this thread. I simply don't own a lot. I guess I can post some of my low grade EC's.
I forgot I owned this.

Post 2180 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.