Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Wait more yellow

Post 2126 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Early four color yellow

Post 2127 IP   flag post
Yellow duck

Post 2128 IP   flag post
S
Super tough yellow SOTI issue
Post 2129 IP   flag post
Yellow Judo Joe. Who the hell is this guy anyhow?

Post 2130 IP   flag post

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Working my way through the final days of GA Cap here's the first of two books anticipating Bucky's departure from the series. Captain America #65 (CGC, 9.2 Crippen "D" copy) sports a Syd Shores cover and a painful lesson for Bucky...

Can't blame Cap too much for lusting after that "sly, lovely girl" in the red dress.

The cover teaser says it all: "DON'T MISS THE STARTLING CLIMAX...!"
Post 2131 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica - A brilliant cover, Cat! I love the use of green to highlight the shadowy parts of Cap and Bucky’s uniforms.
Post 2132 IP   flag post
Another yellow cover and highest graded to boot.

Post 2133 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

OO

mm
Post 2134 IP   flag post

Post 2135 IP   flag post

OO

mm
Post 2136 IP   flag post

Post 2137 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Lotta yellow goin' on here!
Post 2138 IP   flag post
I know right

Post 2139 IP   flag post

OO

mm
Post 2140 IP   flag post

OO

mm
Post 2141 IP   flag post

Post 2142 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica - Syd Shores cover?

OO

mm
Post 2143 IP   flag post
@martymann Absolutely! The villain's big nose and lips is a clue. I can point to numerous examples of this in Shores covers from the late 40's.

In fact, here's a copy of the immediately preceding issue, Captain America #63 (CGC, 9.2 OW/W) with another example of Syd's cover work that makes a case for his stylistic choices.

Note: I skipped past this issue not having had time to properly scan and upload the image to Photo-bucket (acquired at SDCC last month). The faded colors are a result of slab-glare from my iPad camera which is just barely adequate for imaging encapsulated books...

Post 2144 IP   flag post

OO

mm
Post 2145 IP   flag post
A little more Yellow on a favorite cover.

OO

mm
Post 2146 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2147 IP   flag post

Post 2148 IP   flag post
they call it mellow yellow...

Post 2149 IP   flag post
and now with a proper scan...Judy Foster! She secretly started the yellow theme unbeknownst to all.

Post 2150 IP   flag post

Post 2151 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
and now with a proper scan...Judy Foster! She secretly started the yellow theme unbeknownst to all.

Very nice book. Much better scan, still a tad dark, but much clearer overall (CGC Newton Rings notwithstanding) and nice PQ.
Post 2152 IP   flag post
You don't realize how many yellow covers you have until you start actively looking for them...

Post 2153 IP   flag post
@the420bandito I know right
Post 2154 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
I did a Thread on Yellow covers on the (ahem) Forum across the street not too far back. Had great input. Some more 'Yella"
Post 2155 IP   flag post
611386 5660 30