CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1751 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1937 #1 highest graded. Should go atleast a grade higher once I press these non-color breaking creases out. Will resubmit after. Love when I find a book like thos that clearly hasn't been pressed yet.
Post 1752 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 Nice!
Post 1753 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Since posting #19 awhile back, I should also post #21 as the AW Squad is a special sub-set...




Post 1754 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a #10 (#1)
Post 1755 • IP   flag post


Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user



Ungraded copy (No, I didn't buy it off the newsstand, ...it just looks that way).

.
Post 1756 • IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my golden age Detective Comics group shot.


Post 1757 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Lloyd Jacquet (Timely file copy) - Schomburg cover, Subby #18 ...


Post 1758 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Lloyd Jacquet (Timely file copy) - Schomburg cover, Subby #18 ...


First one I've seen stamped like that. Very cool.
Post 1759 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger
First one I've seen stamped like that. Very cool.


Thanks, Badger!

This isn't a file copy, but it's another kewl Schomburg cover...




Curiously, very few Timely titles actually sported the Timely shield ('42), just like the Marvel Magazine character emblem only ran for a few months ('46/'47). Always wondered 'bout that.
Post 1760 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
One of the great Jack Cole PM covers (Church/Mile High copy)...


Post 1761 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Two days and no "new" GA books!?! This sad thread's scrollin' off the gol'derned page! C'mon guys, I'm pull'n all the weight retreadin' scans.

OK, enough faux bellyachin'. Here ya go...


Post 1762 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Here ya go @CatmanAmerica

Post 1763 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1764 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user



Post 1765 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
HITS demonstrating that Stormy weather is ahead...







Cheers!
Post 1766 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
A 1950 toy store giveaway I got cheap because of the minor non color breaking bends. I should be able to take her to a 9.6 or 9.8 when I get done with it.
Post 1767 • IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked this gem up!
Jackie Robinson nn/#1, Fawcett Comics 1950.


Post 1768 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Dogface Dooley #1
Post 1769 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user





.
Post 1770 • IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user



Scored that one last week, bringing my Golden Age collection total to 3 with one more on the way.
Post 1771 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil



Scored that one last week, bringing my Golden Age collection total to 3 with one more on the way.


Congrats!
Post 1772 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1773 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Don't think I posted this yet.


Post 1774 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
If you're going to horde something, GGA is always a winner!



Post 1775 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1776 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1777 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger



Kewl Schomburg mayhem on that cover, Badger. All New Comics deserve more love!

Here's #9...




Alas, I don't have #8, which is probably by Schomburg as well, but I do have a copy of #10...




.
Post 1778 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
New addition to my pile of comics.
Anchors Andrew #1 1953

Highest graded of this book is a 5.5, surprisingly hard to find in high grade. Has an early Canteen Kate story. Canteen Kate #1 came out only 6 months earlier.
After a quick press and clean I think this will well surpass the 5.5 out there.

Post 1779 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
So many WINNERS in this thread. Speaking of which, here's another...




Post 1780 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.