CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user


Another favorite crime cover for me. So simple yet so classic
Post 151 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user


punch hole copy. Love these books. Automatically low grade and shunned by most collectors. But for me the books sat in a ring binder away from harmful UV light. And most times the cover gloss is still present.
Best looking low grade readers money can buy
Post 152 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 153 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
sweet. A war cover funny animal book
Post 154 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 155 • IP   flag post


Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Has a small piece missing, but it's reasonably unobtrusive:


Post 156 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 157 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 158 • IP   flag post
Collector thirdgreenham private msg quote post Address this user
Great stuff, guys!!!
Post 159 • IP   flag post
CBCS MarkRoman private msg quote post Address this user
@Tombofdracula50 One of my favorites also. Congrats!!!
Post 160 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Jus

Just bought this #1 on your way Steve for grading very soon.
Post 161 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 162 • IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Nice! I might get some heat, but I actually like punch hole copies.
Post 163 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 164 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 165 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 166 • IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak



Nice group shot!
Post 167 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 168 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user


Doesn't get much older than this or nice 1935
Post 169 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
My scans have been coming out too dark, so I am posting a couple of test runs. I am changing the brightness settings and seeing the differences.





Post 170 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
Very impressed by many of the covers posted here. I'll add a few. Dick Sprang Batman:



Post 171 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
Capt. Marvel Jr. by Raboy:


Post 172 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
And a couple of MLJs. LOL, I make an unintentional appearance on both covers. Sorry.



Post 173 • IP   flag post
Collector RebellionComics private msg quote post Address this user
Im loving these older covers. Comic covers today(sure they are pretty) cant touch a good golden age cover in terms of catching the essence of the hero now we get a Skottie young cover with baby x-men on them. Aslo nothing against Mr Young I am an advocate of Fairyland.
Post 174 • IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebellionComics
Im loving these older covers. Comic covers today(sure they are pretty) cant touch a good golden age cover in terms of catching the essence of the hero now we get a Skottie young cover with baby x-men on them. Aslo nothing against Mr Young I am an advocate of Fairyland.
I agree, it captures the imagination. I'm held hostage gazing at old GA and SA covers.
Post 175 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I here ya. Some GA covers defy description, and the imagination, well...


Post 176 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
Oof! Mystic #2. What a beauty! Syd Shores did some truly spectacular covers, even laboring in the shadow of Schomburg.
Post 177 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Double decker operating table. for twice the sinister action.
And not just a mad scientist. But a undead one. So cool.
And a Nazi
Post 178 • IP   flag post
Collector RebellionComics private msg quote post Address this user


perhaps one of my favorite precode horror covers yet still creeps me the hell out
Post 179 • IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
BCM #50 sports a legendary Lee Elias cover, and it's many peoples' favorite, RebellionComics. Elias landed at Marvel in the mid-70s (along with other 50s greats like Frank Robbins) and did some interesting work on Power Man, where he was inked by Frank Giacoia and Tom Palmer. His work had a rugged dynamism that was instantly recognizable.
Post 180 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.