CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user



@Badger - Damn that is nice!
Post 1526 • IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo



@Badger - Damn that is nice!

+1
Post 1527 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Got a group of 10 books coming back here are 3 I can show you so far because they added to their Featured gallery.
Cosmo Cat #1 now highest graded

Post 1528 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1529 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
And this one a 9.8 Coco-cola giveaway


Have to wait for box to get back to get you other pics.
Post 1530 • IP   flag post


Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Got a group of 10 books coming back here are 3 I can show you so far because they added to their Featured gallery.
Cosmo Cat #1 now highest graded

Stunners all, but absolutely LOVE this Fox!
Post 1531 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

Beautiful 1941 comic! WOW!
Post 1532 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Got a group of 10 books coming back here are 3 I can show you so far because they added to their Featured gallery.
Cosmo Cat #1 now highest graded

Stunners all, but absolutely LOVE this Fox!


And the likely inspiration for the Silver Surfer?
Post 1533 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Freshly graded PCH books. They had pressable defects but I choose to save my money this go around - pressing adds to much money and turn around time imho. Not like I am selling them any time soon.




Post 1534 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
A couple more selected today for the Featured gallery.

Post 1535 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1536 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1537 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1538 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1539 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1540 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1541 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1542 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1543 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1544 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1545 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1546 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1547 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1548 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user







1955 E.C. Publications CRIME SUSPENSTORIES #27.
Final issue. Very low distribution.
(Less than 500 copies in 1955 is unheard of.)
Letter from Feldstein and Gaines after failing to win over the Senate Hearing Committee on violence and censorship in comics inside front cover.
Medium grade. Unrestored. No color touch.

Spine wear with several color breaks possibly from bending spine while reading. Cover attached at both staples. Minor creasing, soiling, oils, dirt and debris on front cover. There was deep pencil indentations and writing on front cover above lady's head and below "stories" logo. Edgewear on right side with some tiny chipping. Centerfold attached at both staples. Spine has bumps, edgewear, Back cover has several wavy bends, and few crease lines. Staples not rusty.

Very cool book!
Post 1549 • IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
is this one of you guys..christ! who has these kinds of books? I feel so inadequate


I held a really high grade copy of this book. This could be the one. I did not own it. If it costs more than about $500, I'm not going to buy it no matter what it is. I'm cheap.
Post 1550 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
wow that's incredible!
Post 1551 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user


Post 1552 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user


Post 1553 • IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user


Post 1554 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user
Superman No.1

All Color Comics.

Published by K. G. Murray, Australia 1947.

Extremely rare this publishers edition and this example is just stunning part of a original owner collection of over 1,000 Golden Age comics we just acquired that we will be sending to be a registered Pedigree collection.


Post 1555 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.