CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Moomba private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this book up about 2 years ago, with a early appearance of the Lightning and it's my oldest G.A. book.



Post 5751 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5752 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5753 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5754 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
These books are not mine.

They came into the comic shop I work at roughly six months ago and there were approximately 1100 books. All sold to one collector.



















































And a pic of me holding the Cap 1




The collection had Cap 1 up
Batman 4 up
Action comics 13 up
Marvel mystery comics 4 up.

Thinking this could of been a pedigree collection with just one owner.

Pretty books especially the Pep including a 22.

Didn't last long in the store.
Post 5755 • IP   flag post


Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
These books are not mine.

They came into the comic shop I work at roughly six months ago and there were approximately 1100 books. All sold to one collector.



...



And a pic of me holding the Cap 1




The collection had Cap 1 up
Batman 4 up
Action comics 13 up
Marvel mystery comics 4 up.

Thinking this could of been a pedigree collection with just one owner.

Pretty books especially the Pep including a 22.

Didn't last long in the store.

Mein Gott! What an incredible set of books. If something like that had walked through the door of the shop I worked at, I would still be passed out behind the counter.
Post 5756 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross must have paid a pretty penny to get all 1100 books. Nice!
Post 5757 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@southerncross must have paid a pretty penny to get all 1100 books. Nice!


Yeah probably 7 figures
Post 5758 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5759 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5760 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5761 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5762 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5763 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5764 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5765 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5766 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5767 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5768 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Some of my favorite collected books (including a couple of HG duplicate copies)...




Post 5769 • IP   flag post
Collector GoldenJim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
post
I hope the store owner didn't lowball the seller too badly. (I think we've all heard horror stories.)
Post 5770 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJim
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
post
I hope the store owner didn't lowball the seller too badly. (I think we've all heard horror stories.)

Alan is a stand up guy who treats everyone in the highest regard.

PS.. Welcome to the boards...
Post 5771 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJim
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
post
I hope the store owner didn't lowball the seller too badly. (I think we've all heard horror stories.)


Turns out the collection is currently going to heritage called the Olympia collection by the collector that bought it.
Post 5772 • IP   flag post
Collector GoldenJim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJim
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
post
I hope the store owner didn't lowball the seller too badly. (I think we've all heard horror stories.)

Alan is a stand up guy who treats everyone in the highest regard.

PS.. Welcome to the boards...

Thanks. Is Alan the owner of the store? What store is it?
Post 5773 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJim
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
post
I hope the store owner didn't lowball the seller too badly. (I think we've all heard horror stories.)

Alan is a stand up guy who treats everyone in the highest regard.

PS.. Welcome to the boards...

Thanks. Is Alan the owner of the store? What store is it?


Grumpy old man's comics.
Post 5774 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
One of two recent acquisitions (apologies for the scan quality)...


Post 5775 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5776 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5777 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
One of two recent acquisitions (apologies for the scan quality)...


sweet!
Post 5778 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user


Post 5779 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5780 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.