CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1942 Funny Book #1


Post 5551 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5552 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5553 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica



Gee... I wonder if they were going for that "Weird Fantasy" effect?
Post 5554 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5555 • IP   flag post


Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5556 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann

I just realized I had one of these, lol. I need a list.
Post 5557 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5558 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Balantine paperback reprinting Weird Science, Weird Fantasy and WSF stories (B&W); Frazetta cover...


Post 5559 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5560 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user



Post 5561 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5562 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5563 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5564 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5565 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
"If the Devil Woukd Talk" (1950) is one of the rarest publishings by the Catholic Guild anti-communist comics around. I had this 9.8 graded years ago. I found it over a decade ago. For years I have looked for another super high grade copy since then. I finally found one. Can't believe it.
These two are both from 1950, not the 1958 reprinted version. These are the original printing that had to be sanitized before the 1958 reprint by Impact Press.



Post 5566 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5567 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5568 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5569 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment



Here's a file copy of Smokey burning down the forest and kidnapping Bambi. Who'd thunk it, he'd be an arsonist and kidnapper. I may have a skewed interpretation of the cover. Lol.


Post 5570 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5571 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5572 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
Can't match that, we sold the 932 a while ago.
Post 5573 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Can't match that, we sold the 932 a while ago.[/quote

How about the 1st app of Smokey?

Post 5574 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
That's the other one we have, but it's no 9.8!


Post 5575 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
That's the other one we have, but it's no 9.8!




Nice. I have a bunch of these. Probably 8 to 10 high grade copies. Here's a few.
Post 5576 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Well half the comics arrived from New Zealand. The rest Monday. It's a small relatively higher grade group of 60 GA comics that came from an elderly woman who owned them as a kid in the late 30s early 40s. Here's one "Popular Comics #79 (1944)







Post 5577 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1950 Dell Roy Rogers Riders Club Comic giveaway (VF/NM) w/Rare mailer.Beautiful





Post 5578 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Popular Comics #103 (1944) I'm not sure this book could be much nicer. Looks unread.


Post 5579 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5580 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.