CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5501 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Tough to find in higher grades like this from 1937. Early "Jeep" appearance.






Post 5502 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user


Post 5503 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann



Love Green Lama, I managed to collect all 8 issues


Post 5504 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann



Love Green Lama, I managed to collect all 8 issues


closest thing I have to Green Lama. I've been looking for Green Lama #1 in 9.0 or better. Haven't found yet.
Post 5505 • IP   flag post


Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely looks like a Green Lama rip-off.
Post 5506 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Definitely looks like a Green Lama rip-off.
I believe it was. Someone mentioned that once, but I forget what they said exactly.
Post 5507 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

The Green Jet is a re-printed version of the Green Lama, much like Atomaster is a re-printed version of fellow Spark hero, Atoman. An earlier Green Lama story had previously been re-worked with Magga the Magnificent taking the title role.
Post 5508 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
clickable text

The Green Jet is a re-printed version of the Green Lama, much like Atomaster is a re-printed version of fellow Spark hero, Atoman. An earlier Green Lama story had previously been re-worked with Magga the Magnificent taking the title role.
well there ya go. I knew something was up with it. Green jet is tough to find in high grade. Really poor printing and paper quality. Thanks for the info.
Post 5509 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 Cool book!
Post 5510 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
I've been thinking about sending this to @SteveRicketts for a nice press and solid new holder.


Post 5511 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
clickable text

The Green Jet is a re-printed version of the Green Lama, much like Atomaster is a re-printed version of fellow Spark hero, Atoman. An earlier Green Lama story had previously been re-worked with Magga the Magnificent taking the title role.


Kendall Foster Crossen's Green Lama started out in the pulp Double Detective published by Frank Munsey Publications to compete with Street & Smith's SHADOW before being picked up by Crestwood for PRIZE Comics (#7 through 27, Dec. '40 through '43) when the character was acquired in 1944 by Spark Publications for an eight issue featured title run with Mac Raboy providing the art.

Here's a highly prized issue of PRIZE from Mar. '42 with the Green Lama on the cover...


Post 5512 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5513 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5514 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5515 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5516 • IP   flag post
Collector StraightArrow private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5517 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5518 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up another high grade copy the other day to go with my graded one.



Post 5519 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5520 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked up three more high grade copies of this 1955 American Dairy Association giveaway. Western Publishing. These books are tough to find in high grade due to their poor paper quality.

Post 5521 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user


Post 5522 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightArrow


I like the books you posted and you sig pic. Bad assery
Post 5523 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5524 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I own just 5 Detective comics. I bronze, 1 modern and 1 facimilie. And these 2 Golden age books.




Post 5525 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
And a couple of Duck books.










I have these four books because.
The first one is a world war 2 war bonds cover.
2nd one is a classic Donald cover in my view
3rd book is when Donald hallucinates on ether.
4th book is a classic Scrooge cover.
Post 5526 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user



Post 5527 • IP   flag post
Collector StraightArrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann





Wow, I looked these up and learned that Mister Terrific has been around since 1942! I had no idea. Nice books, btw.
Post 5528 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user



This issue contains the first Golden Age appearance of the HUNTRESS.


Post 5529 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user


Post 5530 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.