Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Meanwhile, here are a couple of more prized books from my collection...

Post 5451 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica Prize 32 and 33 are two of my favorite covers
Post 5452 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have a Nicolas Cage signature but, I do have a book from his collection.

Post 5453 IP   flag post
I have 21 Gaines file copy books. Most are Mad Magazines. Here is a nice EC book.

Post 5454 IP   flag post
And I have 10 Davis Crippen books. Here is one of them...

Post 5455 IP   flag post

Here is a book from the Ruben Blades Collection...

Post 5456 IP   flag post
My Super Soldier Collection books...

Post 5457 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
What great books!
Post 5458 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Flash ahhhh ahhhh, savior of the universe!! Plus a few others lol.

Post 5459 IP   flag post
I think these COA collectable books deserve a thread of their own. I have an appointment this morning but, I'll at least begin it.

@CatmanAmerica, you have one of the best collections in this forum so, PLEASE indulge yourself!
Post 5460 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
In amazing condition for 88 years old. "Strange as it Seems" (1936) Comic Art by John Hix Ex-Lax Radio promo. With mailer and letter. I guess you'd wanna read this on the crapper? Lol

Post 5461 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
In amazing condition for 88 years old. "Strange as it Seems" (1936) Comic Art by John Hix Ex-Lax Radio promo. With mailer and letter. I guess you'd wanna read this on the crapper? Lol

Do you have the run?
Post 5462 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:

Do you have the run?
I don't have the run. I know this series of books by John Hix goes back to 1928 up until the 70s, I believe. The main book people are familiar with is the 1932 hardback book and of course the Single Series issue #9, I think that's it? Both relatively common.
You probably know by my posts I like obscure higher grade, hard to find GA and SA #1's, promos, giveaways etc...I've always found promos the most difficult to find in high grade, usually because of their poor paper and cheaply made construction. So this one in high grade was a fun find with the mailer. There is still one promo/giveaway I'm looking for. Been looking for 20 years to find a high grade one. Maybe someday.
Post 5463 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you have the run?
I don't have the run. I know this series of books by John Hix goes back to 1928 up until the 70s, I believe. The main book people are familiar with is the 1932 hardback book and of course the Single Series issue #9, I think that's it? Both relatively common.
You probably know by my posts I like obscure higher grade, hard to find GA and SA #1's, promos, giveaways etc...I've always found promos the most difficult to find in high grade, usually because of their poor paper and cheaply made construction. So this one in high grade was a fun find with the mailer. There is still one promo/giveaway I'm looking for. Been looking for 20 years to find a high grade one. Maybe someday.

Sorry, I should've added an "s" at the end of run, but I thought the wink would suffice (it was an Ex-Lax jest that uhh didn't quite make it).

Awesome book find though, ...and I mean that sincerely!
Post 5464 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you have the run?

Sorry, I should've added an "s" at the end of run, but I thought the wink would suffice (it was an Ex-Lax jest that uhh didn't quite make it).

Awesome book find though, ...and I mean that sincerely!
I didn't see the little guy winking. It was so small I didn't look at it that close. I thought it was a smiley face. Lol,
Post 5465 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
fresh reholder from across the street - something seems different about the case. I need to get home and inspect it closer.

Post 5466 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
*(Minor amount of color touch to cover.)

Post 5467 IP   flag post

Post 5468 IP   flag post

Post 5469 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Tough series in high grade. I did manage to find this unicorn:

Post 5470 IP   flag post

Post 5471 IP   flag post
I finally found a nice copy of a book I've looked for for awhile.
Dinky Duck #1(1951)

Post 5472 IP   flag post

Post 5473 IP   flag post

Post 5474 IP   flag post

Post 5475 IP   flag post

Post 5476 IP   flag post

Post 5477 IP   flag post

Post 5478 IP   flag post

Post 5479 IP   flag post

Post 5480 IP   flag post
611380 5660 30