CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5126 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5127 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
Not much raw left after a fairly massive purge over the last two years, here's a few of the ones remaining. They get rotated onto my lovers inspiration board as the mood strikes.






































Post 5128 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5129 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@figment love it!
Post 5130 • IP   flag post


Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5131 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5132 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user







Post 5133 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user




Post 5134 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user




Post 5135 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Finished up my Danny Blaze 2 issue run. #2 eluded me for bit. This copy is stellar.




#1 for posterity


Post 5136 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
and to keep the firefighter theme going..


Post 5137 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5138 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
@figment The SUPER COMICS are TERRIFIC!
Post 5139 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I just had to have this creepy cover


Post 5140 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5141 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito never noticed the action going on on this one, wild! Great acquisition
Post 5142 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
another near-impossible Ace book to find.


Post 5143 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
another near-impossible Ace book to find.




This might make you sick. I think this is highest graded at 8.5. Old school label, so probably never been pressed. To me looks like a 9.0. I think I could crack and get it up to 9.0, if i pressed it myself. You are right, an extremely tough book to find. Nice to see another one.
Post 5144 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
Heritage currently has Nedor's
And these two caught my eye
And though they're not in play for me
It'll be fun to watch 'em go by





Post 5145 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5146 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
My kids know what I like.


Post 5147 • IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
I always enjoyed Winnie!


Post 5148 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5149 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5150 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5151 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5152 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5153 • IP   flag post
Collector Surf75 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
@martymann Very colorful!
Boy Commandos is one of D.C.'s cooler Simon & Kirby inspirations. The cover of BC #33 may be by another artist, but Boy Commandos was S&K's baby.

Here's another artist themed cover by the S&K team, this time for Timely:



.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Daring Mystery #5 featuring The Falcon in another early pulp-influenced Schomburg cover from 1940...



.


Both fantastic. Love that Daring, what is going on at the bottom of that Cap 😆. 😎
Post 5154 • IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I think I may just sell a bunch of my ok stuff to get one old timely comic in decent shape. They are just cool to look at.
Post 5155 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.