CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Emp162 private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74

Give me a few and I'll edit
Thanks for the heads up
Post 5101 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't posted these in awhile: Alex Schomburg - Marvel Mystery #66 (Sept. '45)...




Alex Schomburg's gouache Marvel Mystery cover recreation with expanded details (circa '79)...


Post 5102 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user




Post 5103 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@figment
Beautiful Walt Kelly covers!!!
Post 5104 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
And speaking of Walt Kelly Covers...

















Post 5105 • IP   flag post


Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@figment
That Pogo #11 may be one of the best holiday theme covers I've ever seen.
Post 5106 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
B&W reprints of classic 50's EC science fiction comics (Frank Frazetta cover)...


Post 5107 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
One of those classic EC books in the old comics tradition...


Post 5108 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
This one checked off all the right boxes. Yoink! (purchased as a 7.0 raw from Metro)


Post 5109 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5110 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
This one checked off all the right boxes. Yoink! (purchased as a 7.0 raw from Metro)


at least it wasn't color touched or trimmed like books I bought from them and won't ever again
Post 5111 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user




Post 5112 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user







Post 5113 • IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I really hope I'm in a position to get some of the old sub mariner comics.
Post 5114 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Purchased this with a few other teen humor books on Feebay from a seller in the UK.

Just came back from grading. Same grade I thought it would be. No complaints.


Post 5115 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up this one in the Heritage auction. A little rough around the edges, but hey... who isn't these days?


Post 5116 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Picked up this one in the Heritage auction. A little rough around the edges by hey... who isn't these days?


Wow, what a beautiful book! Congrats!
Post 5117 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5118 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5119 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5120 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii



TERRIFIC!...Another one that I have never seen before...thanks for sharing.
Post 5121 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii



TERRIFIC!...Another one that I have never seen before...thanks for sharing.
Thanks Marty, hope all.is well my friend. Happy Holidays!
Post 5122 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii
Beautiful book! WOW!!
Post 5123 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Thanks buddy! Appreciate it!
Post 5124 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5125 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5126 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5127 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
Not much raw left after a fairly massive purge over the last two years, here's a few of the ones remaining. They get rotated onto my lovers inspiration board as the mood strikes.






































Post 5128 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5129 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@figment love it!
Post 5130 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.