Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector sdr2711 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

Are these in Gator Guards or something or are they slabbed?
Post 4826 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@sdr2711 slabbed
Post 4827 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica That book is beautiful!
Post 4828 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

Nice book! But…

Post 4829 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
@sdr2711 the Jumbo is kind of cool. The other two books are just ok for me. I would prob be around $150 like earthshaker. 100 for the jumbo and 25 each for the others
Post 4830 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else notice the ridiculous prices high grade Dells are going for? Granted this is a Promise Collection comic, but I'm noticing this on regular highest graded Dells as well, or at least what they think are highest graded. I have been tracking this for a couple years. In the last year I have noticed this surge in some Dells when they are billed as highest graded by CGC. Sadly, for the buyers they should check the CBCS census, if they are spending this much for what they think is the "highest graded", as many times I have graded or raw Dells that are higher graded or will be once graded. Like this file copy of Zorro I have.

Post 4831 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
@sdr2711 the Jumbo is kind of cool. The other two books are just ok for me. I would prob be around $150 like earthshaker. 100 for the jumbo and 25 each for the others

Yeah. Ok. That is what I was thinking, so the guy is not really there. I may have to pass cause he is just short of double that.
Post 4832 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdr2711
Quote:

Yeah. Ok. That is what I was thinking, so the guy is not really there. I may have to pass cause he is just short of double that.
Trust me I collect obscure esoteric GA and SA Comics. I wouldn't pay more than what I said, in fact I wouldn't buy them for 200.00 really unless I got to see them up close. 200 is at the high end, but 150.00 is more comfortable. My recommendation is pass and put all you money you would have spent on one higher grade book.
Post 4833 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Quote:

Trust me I collect obscure esoteric GA and SA Comics. I wouldn't pay more than what I said, in fact I wouldn't buy them for 200.00 really unless I got to see them up close. 200 is at the high end, but 150.00 is more comfortable. My recommendation is pass and put all you money you would have spent on one higher grade book.
If it makes it any easier I have that Goofy Comics #1 in 9.4, and a higher grade raw copy, as pictured. You can do better by holding out for higher grade, they are out there.
Post 4834 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Quote:

Trust me I collect obscure esoteric GA and SA Comics. I wouldn't pay more than what I said, in fact, I wouldn't buy them for 200.00 really unless I got to see them up close. 200 is at the high end, but 150.00 is more comfortable. My recommendation is to pass and put all you money you would have spent on one higher grade book.

Thank you that makes me feel better that I asked first with a chance of losing them.
I Love the odd ones that pop up like you but to be honest, this is the first time I was even contemplating jumping on something this high (Price Wise)

Def gonna pass.

I know that non-hero GA and SA are not for everyone but I have a soft spot for the history, nostalgia and travel of some of these books. Most of mine are not high grades and to be honest, these may have been the highest (yes I am a super noob really) but a part of me is ok with some of that as they are ALL for PC and not to resell.
Post 4835 IP   flag post
Extremely tough 1954 comic to find in high grade. The glasses are still attached in this one. 3-D Tales of the West.
I guess they really wanted you to know it was 15 cents, since they put the price on the cover twice, or was it 30 cents total? I'm confused. Lol.
Post 4836 IP   flag post
That's great! I think I have one but no glasses đŸ˜”
Post 4837 IP   flag post
Quote:
That's great! I think I have one but no glasses đŸ˜”
They are HTF in general with glasses attached 100 times more. I have a couple.high grade ones like this after years and years of looking
Post 4838 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4839 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgeous Mary Marvel!!!
Post 4840 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd Thanks! Loving Mary covers more than The Captain and Junior more and more
Post 4841 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
This S&K cover I'll post with inclusion of the label...

Post 4842 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4843 IP   flag post
File copy. Four Color #191 (1948)

Post 4844 IP   flag post
File copy Four color #622

Post 4845 IP   flag post
File copy Four color #30 (1943) and a secondhigh grade copy as well.

Post 4846 IP   flag post
File copy Four color #294 (1950) "Little Beaver"

Post 4847 IP   flag post

Post 4848 IP   flag post

Post 4849 IP   flag post
Found this nice book going through a box yesterday. 1947.

Post 4850 IP   flag post

Post 4851 IP   flag post
File copy. Four Color #427 (1952)

Post 4852 IP   flag post
Found this in same.box I found the Joe Yank comic.i posted earlier. Kind.of.cool. G.I. Combat #15.

Post 4853 IP   flag post
In anticipation of selling my while collection soon, I've been sorting lots of boxes I haven't looked in for a long time, maybe 20 years. Found this nice Don Winslow of the Navy #51 (1947). Male bondage cover.

Post 4854 IP   flag post

Post 4855 IP   flag post
611412 5660 30