Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Twins! In the course of human events duplications occur. When these rare anomalies appear they should be duly noted, scientifically examined and when possible explained!

In upgrading Marvel Mystery #19, the acquisition and retention of one such celebrated doppelgänger occurred. There would be others!

Post 4776 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1948 #1 and 1955 #4(#1)

Post 4777 IP   flag post
More GA twins from the underground lair of ghoul Fuhrer...

Post 4778 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
A different copy of this comic was my first GA DD. I still think the story is awesome!

Post 4779 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito Hey, I know you're a big pedigree guy, ant luck on the Promise front?
Post 4780 IP   flag post

Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
@the420bandito Hey, I know you're a big pedigree guy, ant luck on the Promise front?

shut out on EVERY book I bid on. I think people are overvaluing these books. It is funny to see some copies go straight to feebay for 3x what they sold for. I for one will wait for the market to crash to grab one.
Post 4781 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

shut out on EVERY book I bid on. I think people are overvaluing these books. It is funny to see some copies go straight to feebay for 3x what they sold for. I for one will wait for the market to crash to grab one.
I've noticed that as well. The amount being flipped (or attempted flip) amazes me.
Post 4782 IP   flag post
Collector PDGray private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up mine with only a slight premium over the original sale. It is a western book, so no huge initial sale price. It might be the cheapest third-owner Promise book sold.

PDG
Post 4783 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1949 Christmas Parade #1 and 1950 Vacation Parade #1.

Post 4784 IP   flag post

Post 4785 IP   flag post

Post 4786 IP   flag post
Two more rare, lofty twin copies (Reed Crandall cover art)...

Post 4787 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4788 IP   flag post
@the420bandito another cool set of pedigrees
Post 4789 IP   flag post
@figment all cool, bit that Doll Man 😍😍
Post 4790 IP   flag post
@figment this is the only thing I have with Dollman, I think. Feature #83, not even sure the year it is. Not really my thing. I'm more a first issue guy. Anyhow, it was in a box, had bad spine roll and a little dirty, as seen in picture one. One day I was bored so I spent a half hour and took out most the spine roll and cleaned it a bit. I could tighten up a little more if I wanted to probably take another half hour, lol. Always liked this character just never collected him.

Post 4791 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Always liked this character just never collected him.

The only reason I have those two is because I was chasing Torchy. Can't imagine why.
Post 4792 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@figment this is the only thing I have with Dollman, I think. Feature #83, not even sure the year it is. Not really my thing. I'm more a first issue guy. Anyhow, it was in a box, had bad spine roll and a little dirty, as seen in picture one. One day I was bored so I spent a half hour and took out most the spine roll and cleaned it a bit. I could tighten up a little more if I wanted to probably take another half hour, lol. Always liked this character just never collected him.

Doll Man has covers that if he was a female hero they'd be unaffordable. Some very interesting scenario lol
Post 4793 IP   flag post
Going through file copies this last weekend. Here is NM+ copy of FC #509 Bozo (1953).

Post 4794 IP   flag post
Fun & games you can have owning twin copies...

Post 4795 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica Those are GORGEOUS. So jealous...
Post 4796 IP   flag post
Look you can get a $100, if you find one of these guys. Just call FBI. Last issue before it becomes All-True Crime

Post 4797 IP   flag post

Post 4798 IP   flag post
Ace Comics #117. The scan doesn't do it justice, but the colors on a high grade copy are incredible.

Post 4799 IP   flag post

Post 4800 IP   flag post
Based on being advertised in DCs from around March 1938, as far as I can tell, this little panel of Dr. Occult (holding a sword, wearing a cape) on the "lower left middle" of the front cover is the first appearance of a Superhero on a comic book cover. Predates Action Comics #1 by a few months. Does anyone know of an earlier superhero cover appearance?

Post 4801 IP   flag post

Super tough book to find in nice shape or in general. Captain Rocket #1 (1951)
Post 4802 IP   flag post

Post 4803 IP   flag post
1948 this is one old pig.

Post 4804 IP   flag post

Post 4805 IP   flag post
619263 5695 30