CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished putting a high grade set of the three issue series Little Miss Muffet. Finally found a nice #3. Issues pictured. #11(#1), #12(#2), #13(#3) I'llbe sending in the #3, and probably crack my #2 out and submit both to CBCS to get whole set in same cases.


Post 4626 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4627 • IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
One of my all time favorites. Got this example about a year ago.


Post 4628 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Bought this raw from Lee Hester ages ago it seems. Finally got it slabbed.



Post 4629 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Bought this raw from Lee Hester ages ago it seems. Finally got it slabbed.



Ziff Davis had the best covers around.
Post 4630 • IP   flag post


Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up this book in a CGC 5.5 holder with terrible spine roll. I am not an Archie collector but I had to fix the spine...it was driving me nuts. Now I think I will keep it. I like the cut of Reggie's jib.



Post 4631 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I picked up this book in a CGC 5.5 holder with terrible spine roll. I am not an Archie collector but I had to fix the spine...it was driving me nuts. Now I think I will keep it. I like the cut of Reggie's jib.



Nice. I love a good challenge, like spine roll. I have found a great technique for taking it out and it doesn't take long.
Post 4632 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
These should make it onto Steve's desk sometime next year if all goes according to plan.














Post 4633 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
These Crippen books were asking for the pancake - both had waves/ripples. I had CCS smush these.

All Funny 17

Before:



After:


Post 4634 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
All Funny Comics 19

Before:




After:


Post 4635 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
These should make it onto Steve's desk sometime next year if all goes according to plan.



You might appreciate these. I have a few more, all file copies. Gotta love Smokey.















Post 4636 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
All Funny Comics 19

Before:




After:


WOW, what a grade bump! Pressed or just 're-evaluated'?
Post 4637 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
All Funny Comics 19

Before:




After:


WOW, what a grade bump! Pressed or just 're-evaluated'?


It may just be CGC's new "Spinal Tap" grading system that seems to be all the rage.
.
Post 4638 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4639 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Slowly building up my Baker’s (half) Dozen. Matt did the cover, interior, or a combination.

















Post 4640 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@jake I think this one is his to. I have it in my junker box. I think Matt did it.
Post 4641 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 Cool. Adam Hughes said that he was an influence of his.
Post 4642 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
All Funny Comics 19

Before:




After:


WOW, what a grade bump! Pressed or just 're-evaluated'?


They were pressed. The graders notes read like a perfect press situation hence the huge bump
Post 4643 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Group shot of Bakers romance covers for Quality publications. Not as sought out as the St. John covers, but I love them! Some were very tough to find
Post 4644 • IP   flag post
Don't tell me what to do! starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this back from grading, pretty happy with it.

Post 4645 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@starlord nice book!
Post 4646 • IP   flag post
Don't tell me what to do! starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave Thanks!

Here's another pick up!

Post 4647 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@starlord I was almost certain I commented (or intended to) on that book. Awesome!
Post 4648 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4649 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
The two before Alani rightfully took over the covers.





Post 4650 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4651 • IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica



That must be close to the highest graded no? Is it unrestored? It would be the highlight of most collections!
Post 4652 • IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Bought this raw from Lee Hester ages ago it seems. Finally got it slabbed.





is this a new type label ?
Post 4653 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 - CGC’s Pedigree label
Post 4654 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@beastboy1980 it came out in 2019.
Post 4655 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.