O Globo Juvenil Mensal #90

Published by O Globo, Brazil 1948

Post 4477 IP   flag post
Collector caranz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4478 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Love this cover!

Post 4479 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Love this cover!

Cool book can't stand seeing the condition prior to grading it. It has much more potential. Send it to me and I'll press some life back into it. Lol
Post 4480 IP   flag post

Collector Moomba private msg quote post Address this user
A grail book of mine for the last few years. Nabbed this copy a couple of weeks ago.

Post 4481 IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user
Gib Mensal #50

"Captain Marvel World War II

Published by O Globo, Brazil 1945

Post 4482 IP   flag post
Gib Mensal #57

"Captain Marvel to the Rescue"

Published by O Globo, Brazil 1945

Post 4483 IP   flag post
Gibi Mensal #1

Human Torch #1

Published by O Globo, Brazil 1941

Post 4484 IP   flag post
Collector Moomba private msg quote post Address this user
Space Patrol #1, based on the television show by the same name that ran from March 1950 to February 1955.

Post 4485 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
my head just exploded after looking at those books in the Promise Collection. Wow!
Post 4486 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
my head just exploded after looking at those books in the Promise Collection. Wow!
Yes, can't wait to see our very first owner of a copy posted in the Pedigree Thread
Post 4487 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s an absolutely suh-weet GA bound volume for your viewing pleasure. Dell Looney Tunes from 1949-1950. Condition wise, this is one of the nicer surviving GA file sets. Content wise, this volume represents the peak period of the original Dell Looney Tunes, including some of the best covers of the entire run!

Post 4488 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp. My hand is up! I have a question. I've seen "file copies" of comic books for sale on different sites. How are they different from regular comic books? the look the same. are they less, more or just as valuable as "regular" comics? they look in so much better condition (usually)that I would think they'd be worth more (all things being equal). how does one know it's a file copy? is it stamped or defined in the book itself?

Thank you for any light you can shed.
Post 4489 IP   flag post
@sportshort “file copy” is a term that has a few different meanings. What is generally universal is that the book is uncirculated, usually held back for the publisher’s files, for proof of copyright, etc. In the case of the bound volumes that I collect, it was common practice for publishers to bind copies of their output to be used for reference material by their editors. The Harvey “file copies” you see offered for sale are actually uncirculated copies that had been stored in a warehouse for many years. Unfortunately, the warehouse was not temperature controlled so most of the comics, although uncirculated, have an average PQ of cream to off white. The term “file copy” also seems to be casually thrown around by ignorant EBay sellers who think that it will help them sell for more. I would definitely be wary of claims like that. I have seen Dell file copies that have a “Western Publishing” stamp, although not all of them do. Best way to identify is that if it looks like it has been handled, it’s probably not really a file copy. Bound volumes excepted, of course, since they were made to be handled.
Post 4490 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Western publishing file copy.
Have a few of these, though I didn't pay a premium for them.

Then there are Crowley copies which I think we're used as examples of what they published.

Post 4491 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@sportshort “file copy” is a term that has a few different meanings. What is generally universal is that the book is uncirculated, usually held back for the publisher’s files, for proof of copyright, etc. In the case of the bound volumes that I collect, it was common practice for publishers to bind copies of their output to be used for reference material by their editors. The Harvey “file copies” you see offered for sale are actually uncirculated copies that had been stored in a warehouse for many years. Unfortunately, the warehouse was not temperature controlled so most of the comics, although uncirculated, have an average PQ of cream to off white. The term “file copy” also seems to be casually thrown around by ignorant EBay sellers who think that it will help them sell for more. I would definitely be wary of claims like that. I have seen Dell file copies that have a “Western Publishing” stamp, although not all of them do. Best way to identify is that if it looks like it has been handled, it’s probably not really a file copy. Bound volumes excepted, of course, since they were made to be handled.

Awesome, Thanks!
Post 4492 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Western publishing file copy.
Have a few of these, though I didn't pay a premium for them.

Then there are Crowley copies which I think we're used as examples of what they published.

Awesome example. @southerncross How about value? they look amazing, being file copies are they worth less than circulated copies? I think they should be worth more because of their condition.
Post 4493 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort file copies like pedigrees have no increase in value.

If a file copy is in vf it is priced as a fv.
Why I like file copies and pedigrees, extra bonus for no cost

Exception to the rule.

Golden age pedigrees

Like Church copies
Lamont and Larson
Ect.

Hard bound file copies from publisher.
Post 4494 IP   flag post
Just to add another layer to the conversation, it is not unheard of for some editors to have examples of the competition’s output among their file copies. Although Crowley was an editor at Fawcett, here is an example of a DC from his files:

And this Harvey Comic Hits is from the files of a Western Publishing editor:

Post 4495 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

Getting ready for my next sub and its this old timers turn.
Post 4496 IP   flag post
Just picked this up.

Post 4497 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4498 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by caranz
Just picked this up.

Oh man, another cover that I've never seen before but now it's going to haunt me until I get one.
Post 4499 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia First Basil Wolverton cover in my collection. The whole series has some classic covers.
Post 4500 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Finally Added this one .... Hard to find

Post 4501 IP   flag post

Post 4502 IP   flag post
June 6th is the anniversary of D-Day and remembrance of the sacrifices made liberating Europe in WWII. Following this up from my Facebook page and noting an unintended irony of publication, this comic book would've hit the newsstand on June 2, 1944...

Post 4503 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I remember trading two high grade Avengers for this book with Ted/Superworld Comics at NYCC.

Post 4504 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I remember trading two high grade Avengers for this book with Ted/Superworld Comics at NYCC.

One tough book there!Nice copy!
Post 4505 IP   flag post
611410 5660 30