mm
Post 4401 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 4402 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my copy of #1. I really like it!

Post 4403 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareComics
Here's my copy of #1. I really like it!

Nice copy. I have 1 thru 6 file copies. They came from the Dell warehouse sale. I'll try and her some pics up. Just have to guess which box they are in. Lol
Post 4404 IP   flag post
Collector caranz private msg quote post Address this user
I just got this one back. Preserved in its 1.8 glory!

Post 4405 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Another glorious high grade Ziff-Davis painted cover to add to the pile. Uhh..do they both have lipstick on? Reading the bottom of cover I told wife there are "two sides to love", I'd like to show her. After I was smacked, I think she new what I meant. Lol

Post 4406 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Bet you don't find ads like this after the Golden Age. The entire ad is a treat to read. Rich in dextrose, Baby Ruth fortifies you against fatigue.

Post 4407 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Another back cover ad, a word that was probably far more acceptable for the WWII generation to use than for our children to use:

Recently I was in the home of an older female customer. I told her that I wasn't going to twist her arm because I'm not a high-pressure salesman. She called me a "Sissy", laughed and signed the contract. I think she was drinking, lol.
Post 4408 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4409 IP   flag post
Collector caranz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4410 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4411 IP   flag post
So, bored today so I thought I would take some random comics out and photo the covers, but came across this big 128 pager, and I was like I think I'll take some inside pics.
So here is the cover, and a pic of each title page for each story in the book and the back cover. Never knew much Green Mask, Pussy Katnip, Purple Tigress etc...kind of fun.

Post 4412 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Terrific book...never saw one before...thanks
for sharing!

Marty
Post 4413 IP   flag post
So this is a unique piece. Famous Comic Book Artist Jack Sparling made the character Sam Hill in the 40s. This book is a self promotion by Jack Sparling, of that character he put this item together himself. Then it would be sent to large newspapers of the day in an effort to get his character into their Sunday Funnies.
This is the only known copy and was a file copy kept at Commercial Comics. As you can see in last pic you could contact him, for hire. Eventually this character did get picked up. I took pics of every page. It's a large size, barely fits into magazine bag. A fun piece.

Post 4414 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4415 IP   flag post
@martymann nice. I think I have a file copy that graded out at 8.5 of that FC 133. Great yellow cover.
Post 4416 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4417 IP   flag post
Collector Moomba private msg quote post Address this user
I bought issue 6 of this title back in 2014. I finally nabbed a nice copy of issue #1 last December. The book has a great cover by Bill Everett.

Post 4418 IP   flag post
Found these two gorgeous copies in a box tonight, from 1946. Modern Comics #49 & #50.

Post 4419 IP   flag post
Just noticed the cover is from MATT BAKER...

mm
Post 4420 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Cover used for Australian printing of Crime does not pay issue 2 👍
Post 4421 IP   flag post
We are close folks. My 3 orders totaling 77 comics are nearing QC stage. So, I should have some pics of a bunch of mid to higher grade oddities soon.
Post 4422 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4423 IP   flag post
Frogman Comics #1 (1952)

Post 4424 IP   flag post
Four color #428 (1952)

Post 4425 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4426 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4427 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4428 IP   flag post

mm