Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok I found two of these in same box. Both really nice. Together they become "clun 32", I wonder?
Post 4326 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 4327 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok so early Eastern color here Big Chief Wahoo #1. Look at the characters. Artist had to be guy that drew the "goon" in Popeye cartoons back in the day, lol.

Post 4328 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann

mm
ok this is for you. I don't have the #1 yet. Unable to locate a high grade copy for now. However I have 2 minty copies of #2 for ya.

Post 4329 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4330 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4331 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

awesome. I had one of those in my hand about an hour ago going through boxes. Great book.
Post 4332 IP   flag post

Post 4333 IP   flag post

Post 4334 IP   flag post
Here is a file copy of an old favorite. Anyone remember watch Marlin Perkins?

Post 4335 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - I don’t remember Zoo Parade, but Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins was must-watch television in my house in the 1960’s and 70’s. I think Perkin’s assistant, Jim, had to be a real superhero, because every week he seemed to be in a life-threatening situation with some vicious animal.
Post 4336 IP   flag post
@esaravo same here. I recall mutual of Omaha. Marlin always left Jim up a creek. "I'll head down the river, while Jim stays to wrestle this alligator."
Post 4337 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4338 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4339 IP   flag post

Post 4340 IP   flag post
Group of 30 mid to higher grade #1's I'm sending in this month. Coulle.abgkes due to glare.

Post 4341 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4342 IP   flag post
Sending in these 15 Dell giant file copies as well.
Post 4343 IP   flag post
And this batch of oddities. Several 3-d comics with the glasses attached. Should be fun to get them all back in a few months.

Post 4344 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - Some absolutely amazing books! I can’t wait to see them in the new CBCS slabs. I especially like that Seven Seas issue and the Buck Rodgers. Very cool!

PS: Next time you are going through your endless boxes full of random books from the 1940’s and 1950’s and come across ones that are extras, lower grade, or just not your type, please send me a PM. Most of my boxes are full of BA drek (but at least it’s usually high grade drek).
Post 4345 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@earthshaker01 - Some absolutely amazing books! I can’t wait to see them in the new CBCS slabs. I especially like that Seven Seas issue and the Buck Rodgers. Very cool!

PS: Next time you are going through your endless boxes full of random books from the 1940’s and 1950’s and come across ones that are extras, lower grade, or just not your type, please send me a PM. Most of my boxes are full of BA drek (but at least it’s usually high grade drek).
shhhh...I already have one of these Buck Rogers graded, but this second one probably a 7.0.
Post 4346 IP   flag post
Collector caranz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4347 IP   flag post

Post 4348 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4349 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4350 IP   flag post
Well I pulled the trigger on it and sent in 77 GA and SA comics today. Everything from high grade file copies to mid to upper grade #1's, #nn's, dell four colors, giants, promos, political comics. Excited to see a few of them. Let ya know in about three months.
Post 4351 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 Are you pressing any and (if you don't mind me asking) around how much did that set you back for that many?
Post 4352 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@earthshaker01 Are you pressing any and (if you don't mind me asking) around how much did that set you back for that many?
pm sent
Post 4353 IP   flag post

Post 4354 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Sending in these 15 Dell giant file copies as well.

That Lulu in Australia looks great
Post 4355 IP   flag post
614860 5672 30