Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector caranz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4276 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - Great stuff, as always! What are the Manufacturer’s Errors on the two under-sized books - My Pal Dizzy and Tallulah? I can’t quite make out what it says on the labels.
Post 4277 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@earthshaker01 - Great stuff, as always! What are the Manufacturer’s Errors on the two under-sized books - My Pal Dizzy and Tallulah? I can’t quite make out what it says on the labels.
yes sorry don't have best camera on phone. They were manufacture errors on some were they forgot to glue in the centerfolds. No staples. Guess their machine ran out glue lol. Thanks for the kind words. I know most don't see the rarity of these books as they often aren't mainstream, but I love the obscure stuff.
Post 4278 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Re-scanning some books that came out too dark on the initial scan. Still look a little dark but if I add anymore lightness the books will be glowing.

Post 4279 IP   flag post

Post 4280 IP   flag post

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 4281 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4282 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I knew I had another one of these out in the vault. Something you don't see everyday. Thought you guys would like to see two in the same place.
Post 4283 IP   flag post

Post 4284 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4285 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann

mm
I think I have theat book buried in my Dell file copies. Going to be going through some Dell giant file copies and sending some in today. Every now and then I change it up and send in Dell giants. So hard to get high grade Dell giants. Even file copies have issues after sitting for decades. Tough to press them properly.
Post 4286 IP   flag post
Going through some boxes sorting stuff. Found this. Pretty nice, but for a little rust on staples. I think famous artist did cover. But I'm not I to artists so I could be wrong.

Post 4287 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - Yes, the artist is Matt Baker. Based on people’s dislikes from another thread, I would make an exception to rusty staples for that book. And since it’s not the first issue, you could always put it up for sale or trade if you did not want it. Awesome book!
Post 4288 IP   flag post
@esaravo you know me well. Yes it's not a number 1, but in rare occurrences I do keep a number 2, 3 or 4, but only if I own the #1. In this case i have two nice #1's, and a #2, so I think I might get this graded to put with those.
Other than the minor rust it's a beautiful book. How much will the staples set it back roughly, do you think? Less the rusty staples I would say it would have been and 8.5 to 9.00. Not that it would matter, going to send in anyhow because I love the cover art on this series.
Post 4289 IP   flag post
Again going through boxes and I find this amazingly thick, 130 page comic in exceptional shape. It's almost 1/2 and inch thick.
What's cool is the binding is in amazing condition, no splits or tears which is common to thick giants like this. Also, I included the back cover, as it is almost near black with hardly any blemishes. This comic was clearly never read to be in this shape.
Sadly, I don't think CBCS can grade and encapsulate this thick of a comic yet. May have to send to those other guys, uggg...unless cbcs is working on a deeper well for case.

Post 4290 IP   flag post
Found a couple more descent copies of four color 386 in random box.
Post 4291 IP   flag post
Didn't know I had this either but always loved Terry-toons. Can't wait to get it graded.
Post 4292 IP   flag post
So I have to show you this. Of all the weather-bird giveaways this is the cats meow. This is the very first issue 1958, the #1, in a series by weather bird. This came from the Dell warehouse sale in the lat 70s, and if I recall is the file copy used to copyright the series title. As you can see the writing and stamp lower right. It is in perfect mint 9.8 shape, but I'd say a 10.0. Sorry I know it's a couple years outside GA, but I know there are a few who might like it and the story behind it.
Post 4293 IP   flag post
Found these two really nice Modern Comics in same bag and board back to back. #49 & # 50 if you like Blackhawk.

Post 4294 IP   flag post
Found this nice Punch and Judy V1 #2.

@esaravo and yes I have the #1.

Post 4295 IP   flag post
Just found this book in box. Says L.B. Cole on cover. That's one artist I know of. Turns out it's #10(#1). Kinda cool.
Post 4296 IP   flag post
Took a couple new shots of these two copies I have of this scarce book. Peter Paul's 4 in 1 Jumbo Comic Book. Super scarce. 1953. Hard to tell which is in better shape.

Post 4297 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Took a couple new shots of these two copies I have of this scarce book. Peter Paul's 4 in 1 Jumbo Comic Book. Super scarce. 1953. Hard to tell which is in better shape.

IMO the first one is obviously in much better shape, judging by the front cover pics.
Post 4298 IP   flag post
1953 Fiction House. Glasses attached. Not their normal genre.

Post 4299 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Found a couple more descent copies of four color 386 in random box.

Sweet books. And you have 2

I got 1 and it's a beater but complete
Post 4300 IP   flag post
@southerncross I actually have 3 maybe 4 if I go look.
Post 4301 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4302 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann

mm
nice I have this book. You don't see it too often.
Post 4303 IP   flag post

Post 4304 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Again going through boxes and I find this amazingly thick, 130 page comic in exceptional shape. It's almost 1/2 and inch thick.
What's cool is the binding is in amazing condition, no splits or tears which is common to thick giants like this. Also, I included the back cover, as it is almost near black with hardly any blemishes. This comic was clearly never read to be in this shape.
Sadly, I don't think CBCS can grade and encapsulate this thick of a comic yet. May have to send to those other guys, uggg...unless cbcs is working on a deeper well for case.

This book is seriously cool. I always love dog covers so this one is tail waggingly great! And the back cover! Wow!
Post 4305 IP   flag post
611380 5660 30