Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@caranz yes those romantic ziff books had flip covers. I wonder if it was to try and attract more kids back then. Maybe one side would catch their eye more than the other. Nice book.
Post 4201 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@caranz Glad you are sticking around and becoming an avid poster here! Love your stuff
Post 4202 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

Wow. That is not seen very often. Fantastic, Cat!
Post 4203 IP   flag post
Collector caranz private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 This was the first one I saw with a flip cover had to have it, I really just love old comics.
Post 4204 IP   flag post
@Sagii Thanks I’ll keep posting what I have, picked up a small lot recently so might start posting those. Fun sharing collections and seeing cool books here.
Post 4205 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@caranz I love old ones too. So many I would love to own, but if collected everything I liked I would be out of control. Lol.
So, I try to stay higher grade, #1's, #nn's, promos, giveaways and Dell mainly. I will buy a #2 or #3 etc...but that's only if I own the #1 already. My OCD won't let me have a 2 or a 3 without the #1. Sick I know.
Post 4206 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
@caranz Never saw too many "Flip Covers", but I did find this one.

Marty
Post 4207 IP   flag post
Does this count as a "Flip" cover? Lol. Found these in a box I decided to go through a few years back. Issues 1 and 2.

Post 4208 IP   flag post
Had sometime sitting home with this covid shit, so I decided to take a few pics of some comics as I got through a box. Here is a high grade Shmoon#1 1949. Sorry for little but of glare from bag.
Post 4209 IP   flag post
Here is a NM 1948 promo. "Know your Presidents."
Post 4210 IP   flag post
And here is an extremely tough four color to find in high grade. This is the best I've seen to date.
Post 4211 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4212 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4213 IP   flag post
@martymann cool GL

Post 4214 IP   flag post

Post 4215 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4216 IP   flag post
And so my order is in "shipping." So, as you know you can't see anything regarding grades or if the picked any for featured slabs until it is "shipped." Isn't there some other torture I can tolerate that's less painful. You know maybe water boarding, bamboo slivers under my nails? Oh well, off to watch water boil or paint dry while I wait, lol...soon.
Post 4217 IP   flag post

Post 4218 IP   flag post
St. John had some odd comics. Here is my #1, not sure if there was a #2.

Post 4219 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - The second issue was 3-D Comics staring Tor and Chee-Chee (their are 3 versions of that issue), and then issues #3-5 were just titled Tor.
Post 4220 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@earthshaker01 - The second issue was 3-D Comics staring Tor and Chee-Chee (their are 3 versions of that issue), and then issues #3-5 were just titled Tor.

Thanks I did not know that. But now that you mention #2 was 3-d I have nice a copy of that with the glasses attached. Had no clue it was #2. I'll see if I have pic on phone. Thanks.
Post 4221 IP   flag post
@esaravo found it. Not best pic but its a nice copy. If this is it.
Post 4222 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - That's it. There are also 2 other versions with a blue, white, and red cover, with one of them over-sized, oddly enough.
Post 4223 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
one of the best torture covers. Iron maiden, gas chamber, boil in oil and tied to the end of a cannon. Talk about packing it all in to one cover!

Post 4224 IP   flag post

Post 4225 IP   flag post

mm
Post 4226 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann

mm
Cool covers, great art. Never seen them before. I don't look much past issue 1 or 2 very often, so always cool to see other issues in series I own. Thanks.
Post 4227 IP   flag post

Post 4228 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
one of the best torture covers. Iron maiden, gas chamber, boil in oil and tied to the end of a cannon. Talk about packing it all in to one cover!

Love that one. Incredible cover
Post 4229 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by caranz

Very nice copy
Post 4230 IP   flag post
611341 5660 30