CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3926 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3927 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3928 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3929 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@martymann found it.



I believe it's the ONLY graded copy on the CGC Census.

Marty
Post 3930 • IP   flag post


You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
It may will be. I never look too much at the census. I used to but don'tmuch anymore. I find them not to accurate based on what has happenedwith books like Hulk 181 and others.
Anyhow glad to see.your copy out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@martymann found it.



I believe it's the ONLY graded copy on the CGC Census.

Marty
Post 3931 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3932 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3933 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think anyones ever noted that Captain Easy #13 has topless women panels in it.


Post 3934 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Badger - I did notice the Alex Schomberg cover (signed Xela). The books supposedly reprint comic strips, so I guess the topless panels were first printed in newspapers? I know you would not have any guys in white sheets and hoods in any comic today, which is understandable. Nor depict natives in unflattering ways.
Post 3935 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Badger - I did notice the Alex Schomberg cover (signed Xela). The books supposedly reprint comic strips, so I guess the topless panels were first printed in newspapers? I know you would not have any guys in white sheets and hoods in any comic today, which is understandable. Nor depict natives in unflattering ways.
I know some of them were strip reprints but topless women in comic strips in the forties, I would think, would be a no-no. Still, the way the pages are laid out it does look like comic strips in sequence. Hmmm
Post 3936 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Badger - I did notice the Alex Schomberg cover (signed Xela). The books supposedly reprint comic strips, so I guess the topless panels were first printed in newspapers? I know you would not have any guys in white sheets and hoods in any comic today, which is understandable. Nor depict natives in unflattering ways.
I picked it up because of the Xela cover; it is one that flies under the radar and I was able to get it for under $30 of eBay bucks. Once you start looking at them, there are at least a few Schomburg covers in the Captain Easy run. The blonde on the cover of the #10 I posted has the feel if Schomburg was copying someone else's character style. 17 is obviously Schomburg even though it does not have signature.
Post 3937 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3938 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Random book I bought a while back.


Post 3939 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3940 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user



mm
Post 3941 • IP   flag post
Collector SupaCor private msg quote post Address this user
TEC 142 1948 2nd riddler cover


Post 3942 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3943 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
This might be a good one to have graded.




mm
Post 3944 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3945 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3946 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user



mm
Post 3947 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I seem to have a green banner theme going on, so continuing in that spirit...


Post 3948 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3949 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3950 • IP   flag post
Collector SupaCor private msg quote post Address this user
TEC 73 1943 1st and only golden age scarecrow cover


Post 3951 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3952 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3953 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user



mm
Post 3954 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
The first PEP (Jan. 1940, cover by Irv Novick)...


Post 3955 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.