Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1952 Padre of the Poor. Catholic Guild giveaway. Very rare #nn in great shape. No graded copies that I know of.

Post 3776 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Believe it or not highest garded. Panhandle Pete and Jennifer #1 1951

Love this one! Nice rarities as always
Post 3777 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Big Bag of fertilizer running with the kids.

One of the funniest covers I've even seen. I love how the kids and the all the towns people are chasing Death away with a walking bag of fertilizer named Prosper Plenty and his "magic chemicals".
Post 3778 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3779 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:

One of the funniest covers I've even seen. I love how the kids and the all the towns people are chasing Death away with a walking bag of fertilizer named Prosper Plenty and his "magic chemicals".
yeah you got to think of who's idea it was. I mean a big bag of poo 💩 running with children. So of these promo covers are just wild.
Post 3780 IP   flag post

Post 3781 IP   flag post
Just got #2 back. So here is my 1953 Three Stooges #1, #2, and #3 all highest graded. Now I'm looking for 4 thru 7, but haven't found any good candidates to be 8.5 or higher, which is where I'd like to be.

Post 3782 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah you got to think of who's idea it was. I mean a big bag of poo 💩 running with children. So of these promo covers are just wild.

There is a show on NPR called Radio Lab. They ran a story about early in the 20th century the growing human populations ability to feed itself was in serious peril. 20th century investments in agricultural science changed all this. Believe it or not this silly cover actually has an incredible amount of historical significance.
Post 3783 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
fresh case on this beaut

Post 3784 IP   flag post

Post 3785 IP   flag post

Post 3786 IP   flag post
1950 Forest Fire #nn 1st app of Smokey the Bear. I got all my graded books back including these triplets.

Post 3787 IP   flag post
Here is something you might never see again. All 3 file copies back from 1949 Pittsburgh Post Gazette comic book inserts. I think I have one more buried somewhere. Close up if 8.5 as well. Was hoping for a 9.0 to tie with highest, but hell a CBCS 8.5 is a CGC 9.2 these days.

Post 3788 IP   flag post

Post 3789 IP   flag post

Post 3790 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
fresh case on this beaut

Nice one,and another tough Ace. Congrats!
Post 3791 IP   flag post

Post 3792 IP   flag post

Post 3793 IP   flag post
For those of your who hate a miserable lowly GA in 9.6, I have a 9.8 for you snooty type as well, lol.

Post 3794 IP   flag post

Post 3795 IP   flag post

Post 3796 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
My Mystic Comics #5 is now complete, and is now a proper tribute to the amazing Blazing Skull (who never really got the respect he deserved in the golden age by never showing up on any cover). A proper first appearance issue now!

Post 3797 IP   flag post

Post 3798 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS order finally came in, and here is one golden age experiment I was trying with them: Startling Comics #10, first appearance of Fighting Yank - but it was a coverless copy that I added my own reproduction cover to (the reproduction covers you can find online are trash, sheesh!).

Pretty much the most affordable way to buy and display such an old key book, and it's nice to have an actual grade on it as opposed to 'No Grade' as CGC would have designated it. Cover attachment was done with a very small amount of archival safe tape (no damaging adhesive or plastic) which means I can remove and reverse this anytime without issue (the advantage of having explored restoration and conservation techniques as a hobby over the last decade).

Post 3799 IP   flag post

Post 3800 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
CBCS order finally came in, and here is one golden age experiment I was trying with them: Startling Comics #10, first appearance of Fighting Yank - but it was a coverless copy that I added my own reproduction cover to (the reproduction covers you can find online are trash, sheesh!).

Pretty much the most affordable way to buy and display such an old key book, and it's nice to have an actual grade on it as opposed to 'No Grade' as CGC would have designated it. Cover attachment was done with a very small amount of archival safe tape (no damaging adhesive or plastic) which means I can remove and reverse this anytime without issue (the advantage of having explored restoration and conservation techniques as a hobby over the last decade).

Nice to know.... if I may ask a couple questions..... Did you print the cover....If so did you use 11x17 paper..... What kind of paper did you use... semi gloss.. matte..??... soft ware ?? photoshop ??

Thanks
Post 3801 IP   flag post

Post 3802 IP   flag post

Post 3803 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 3804 IP   flag post

Post 3805 IP   flag post
619258 5695 30