Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3701 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3702 IP   flag post

Post 3703 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3704 IP   flag post

Post 3705 IP   flag post

Post 3706 IP   flag post

Post 3707 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

Odd tidbit: Almost every copy (and there aren't many) i have seen of this book has 'scrawl on Magno's cape)
Post 3708 IP   flag post

Post 3709 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3710 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
Upgrading my coverless Mystic Comics #5 so it does justice to the better first appearance in the book, The Blazing Skull! It is a damn shame there wasn't a single Golden Age cover that featured Blazing Skull, so I knew I had to do something about it for my collection.

I've edited the front cover to include him rather than Black Marvel and I'm in the process of having it printed. I've done this with a few other Golden Age books, including World's Finest #3 so it would showcase the Scarecrows first appearance on the cover which you can see here. While the other covers I commissioned artists to do the pencil art, this one was a simple edit so I could just do it myself when I was bored last week.

Post 3711 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
Upgrading my coverless Mystic Comics #5 so it does justice to the better first appearance in the book, The Blazing Skull! It is a damn shame there wasn't a single Golden Age cover that featured Blazing Skull, so I knew I had to do something about it for my collection.

I've edited the front cover to include him rather than Black Marvel and I'm in the process of having it printed. I've done this with a few other Golden Age books, including World's Finest #3 so it would showcase the Scarecrows first appearance on the cover which you can see here. While the other covers I commissioned artists to do the pencil art, this one was a simple edit so I could just do it myself when I was bored last week.

That's super cool!

I do have a copy...

...but your reimagining is an impressive idea.

The only thing you may want to reconsider in envisioning Schomburg's Black Marvel cover with the Blazing Skull is that the hero's blaze is covering up the entrance to the POWDER ROOM.

I sure wouldn't wanna be the one telling Rosie the Riveter there's no place to freshen up!

(just teasing )
Post 3712 IP   flag post
Just picked these up from a guy tonight. All unique in their own way. Can't wait to press and clean these this weekend. Its always fun to try and bring these books with different challenges back to life. I think the Pictorial Romances is the first in series #4(#1). You guys would know better than I, if there is anything cool about these.

Post 3713 IP   flag post

Post 3714 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - Where do you find this stuff?! All of those appear to be from the 1947-1952 time period. The Pictorial Romances has a story with Matt Baker art, which is nice (sorry, Caddyshack humor). The Edgar Wallace Comics is an Australian comic that was sold in the UK. And the Raven also appears to be a foreign edition. Awesome stuff.
Post 3715 IP   flag post

Post 3716 IP   flag post
Collector scottde64 private msg quote post Address this user
Just joined the forums so figured I’d post my most recent GA purchase
Post 3717 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@scottde64 - Welcome to the forums. You know how to make an entrance, that's not a splash, that's a Tsunami!
Post 3718 IP   flag post
Here’s a little smaller wave then.
Post 3719 IP   flag post
@scottde64 welcome aboard. Have fun going through all the previous posts there are some great books in here.
Post 3720 IP   flag post
I won’t drag it out into individual comments. Here’s the entire family. Not all CBCS but as tough as these are to find I’ll take what I can get.
Post 3721 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottde64
I won’t drag it out into individual comments. Here’s the entire family. Not all CBCS but as tough as these are to find I’ll take what I can get.
MARVELous!
Post 3722 IP   flag post
Don't think I posted this in here yet. Just got it back about two weeks ago. 1st app of Smokey the Bear. 1950

Post 3723 IP   flag post
1933 Buck Rogers #nn just got back. 1st Buck Rogers Radio premium from Kellogg's.

Post 3724 IP   flag post
Collector circumstances private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottde64
Just joined the forums so figured I’d post my most recent GA purchase

Welcome! I'm (kind of) new here too.

Great books!
Post 3725 IP   flag post

Post 3726 IP   flag post
A little out of the GA but I know there are a few in here that would appreciate this obscure htf book.
Post 3727 IP   flag post

Post 3728 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

Very cool!
Post 3729 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 3730 IP   flag post
611407 5660 30