Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3126 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3127 IP   flag post

Post 3128 IP   flag post
#1?

Post 3129 IP   flag post

Post 3130 IP   flag post

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

Your Flyin’ Jenny cover is one of the weirdest I’ve seen ...to it’s credit... with at least three apparently unrelated things going on in the same bizarre cover scene. I tried to find a book with similarly strange, unrelated activity on a cover in my own collection and so far have come up blank, but I’m still looking.
Post 3131 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica you have quite a few timelys do you have the Sub-mariner issue where the cover is some bizare surreal scene with Namora standing there. And some guy with a club in his hand ? Can't remember the issue but if I see one for sale I'll try to pull the trigger on that one.
Post 3132 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@CatmanAmerica you have quite a few timelys do you have the Sub-mariner issue where the cover is some bizare surreal scene with Namora standing there. And some guy with a club in his hand ? Can't remember the issue but if I see one for sale I'll try to pull the trigger on that one.

Nope. Wish I had more Subbies, especially those featuring Namora, but most of the ones in my collection have Schomburg covers. I think Syd Shores did most of the Namora covers (Shores was an excellent illustrator who had a knack for drawing the female form in a sexually alluring way).

That said, here’s an early Marvel Mystery with a Schomburg cover and a bound female who kinda suggests Namora to me...

What do you think?
Post 3133 IP   flag post

Post 3134 IP   flag post

Post 3135 IP   flag post

Post 3136 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Nope. Wish I had more Subbies, especially those featuring Namora, but most of the ones in my collection have Schomburg covers. I think Syd Shores did most of the Namora covers (Shores was an excellent illustrator who had a knack for drawing the female form in a sexually alluring way).

That said, here’s an early Marvel Mystery with a Schomburg cover and a bound female who kinda suggests Namora to me...

What do you think?

With that style of skirt she is wearing. Yep
Post 3137 IP   flag post

This is the only Marvel Mystery I own
Post 3138 IP   flag post

And here is another Alex schomburg cover
Post 3139 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Cool Golden Age guys
Post 3140 IP   flag post

Post 3141 IP   flag post

Post 3142 IP   flag post

Post 3143 IP   flag post

Post 3144 IP   flag post

Post 3145 IP   flag post

Post 3146 IP   flag post

Post 3147 IP   flag post

Post 3148 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a sucker for the lady in red...

Post 3149 IP   flag post
@the420bandito Nice! 'Lady in Red'. A genre all by it self.
Post 3150 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Aye I was pondering if it deserved it's own thread. I know I have a good bunch of covers with her...
Post 3151 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Aye I was pondering if it deserved it's own thread. I know I have a good bunch of covers with her...

Well don't hold up the red thread on my account, ...I can always repost this again...

Post 3152 IP   flag post

Post 3153 IP   flag post

Post 3154 IP   flag post

Post 3155 IP   flag post
614861 5672 30