CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1945 in NM future 9.8 I hope.

Post 3101 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
#1

Post 3102 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Three NM #1's only a nickle each. To think for 15 cents they could have been yours. Thinknill sell them for double that price.




Post 3103 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Tough 3-D comic to find in nice shape, plus glasses attached. Whoop whoop!



Post 3104 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3105 • IP   flag post


You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Glasses attached


Post 3106 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
L.B. Cole I believe. Glasses attached


Post 3107 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3108 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user


Post 3109 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3110 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3111 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
A couple #1's in9.0 and a mint #2




Post 3112 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Couple nice Mirth's


Post 3113 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Cool book with bizarre cover illo, next to last issue of the 40’s Cap...



.
Post 3114 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Glasses attached


Post 3115 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Very thick book. 68 pages


Post 3116 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3117 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01


Love to see Australian animals on the cover of American comic books. As an Australian living in the United States.
Post 3118 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I may have posted this book before. Not sure it falls into the golden age. Most collectors go for the Hitler cover. As an Australian when I saw this inexpensive book years ago I knew I had to have it

Post 3119 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01


Love to see Australian animals on the cover of American comic books. As an Australian living in the United States.


Well then here is another Kangaroo for ya.
Post 3120 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01


Love to see Australian animals on the cover of American comic books. As an Australian living in the United States.


Well then here is another Kangaroo for ya.


What a classic cover. Best roo cover I've seen yet.
I'll have to keep a eye out for a copy in the future
Post 3121 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I may have posted this book before. Not sure it falls into the golden age. Most collectors go for the Hitler cover. As an Australian when I saw this inexpensive book years ago I knew I had to have it



It sure looks GA to me. In fact, it has distinct stylistic flourishes of an Alex Schomburg war cover, but to verify this requires more research since it doesn’t appear to be signed.
Post 3122 • IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I may have posted this book before. Not sure it falls into the golden age. Most collectors go for the Hitler cover. As an Australian when I saw this inexpensive book years ago I knew I had to have it



It sure looks GA to me. In fact, it has distinct stylistic flourishes of an Alex Schomburg war cover, but to verify this requires more research since it doesn’t appear to be signed.
Without a doubt, that's Schomburg! I've seen that Japanese face before, I have!
Post 3123 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1 and 2



Post 3124 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3125 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3126 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3127 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3128 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
#1?

Post 3129 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3130 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.