Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3076 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
A few Dells that are in super high grade most 9.6 or better

Post 3077 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - Super Boobs?!
Post 3078 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

the origin issue no less!!!
Post 3079 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

the origin issue no less!!!

Yes it's the only copy I have ever seen or know of. The origin is on the back its say that a Jewish man and a Martian woman had offspring, who as she developed (literally) she began to fight crime. In the pages her chest would enlarge to stop criminals, you know bullets bouncing of them. Etc...pretty funny.
Post 3080 IP   flag post

Post 3081 IP   flag post

Post 3082 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
From ā€œAā€ to ā€œZā€ in GA comics...

Post 3083 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
MLJ it is!
Post 3084 IP   flag post
Those Blue Ribbon books have some fantastic covers. I passed one up 4-5 years ago and still regret it.
Post 3085 IP   flag post
Quote:
Those Blue Ribbon books have some fantastic covers. I passed one up 4-5 years ago and still regret it.
They do! Zip and Pep get all the love but this run's are right up there with those imho.
Post 3086 IP   flag post
@the420bandito Over on the other forum, they were talking about a beater copy of Ace's 'Four Favorites #5 on eBay right now. A really tough book. I know you are an Ace man (like me) but I don't have a copy of that one. Do you that you could post here?
Post 3087 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Quote:
They do! Zip and Pep get all the love but this run's are right up there with those imho.

Very true, although this HANGMAN had my eyeballs rollin' on the floor at Wondercon...

Post 3088 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica incredible book there my friend! Hangman rules!
Post 3089 IP   flag post
Impossible book to find that #5. I bid on the Berk/Mile High 8.5 copy which sold for $4950 back in 2017. It had slight color touch. I have only seen one other copy. Alas my Four Favorites run is missing that one. It's a shame that one on ebay is in such crappy condition or I would jump on it.

I find these are the impossible books of the series: 3,4,5,8,9,10,11,12,13 (I am missing all of these but 3,9, and 13 to complete the run) Oh and #1 but that book seems plentiful so I keep pushing it off.

Post 3090 IP   flag post
oops
Post 3091 IP   flag post
@the420bandito Dang those are beauties!I agree on #1 which is why I have always continued to pass on it when comes up for auction. I'd add #2 and #6 to the impossible issues also. Most of my run is post #13 , but I do have a #4.
I have mentioned it before but I am more Super-Mystery heavy than Four Favorites, but still some stand outs from that run that I am missing too.
Thanks for posting!
Post 3092 IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel Mystery Comics #1

Gibi Mensal #168

Published by O Globo, Brazil 1940

The Dawn of Timely Comics in Brazil, the earliest country of origin outside the US to publish Timely.

The first 12 editions of Gibi Mensal were given away as promotions, inserts in a journal called O Globo Juvenil.

This Grail International Edition is among the Rarest comics in our genres history world-wide.

They came out monthly one per month for the year of 1940 and that is why they are numbered to match the Journal they were published with.

Only a handful of these comics exist, and living and working in Latin America the last 27yrs and living in Brazil for the last 10yrs.

I have traveled the entire breath of Brazil North, South, East and West.

Our family has searched out the oldest, and most experienced collectors in the country to view the collections. We want to learn the history of building their collections and there knowledge or publishers, Artists and rare editions.

This edition always comes up as the one they could not acquire and wish they could have and most life long collectors have never even held one.

Post 3093 IP   flag post

@KomicKazi AMAZING!!!!!
Post 3094 IP   flag post

Post 3095 IP   flag post
Great book earthshaker. I've always been fond of Dogface Dooley since I picked up #3 a while back. Tough books all of them.

Post 3096 IP   flag post
Quote:
Great book earthshaker. I've always been fond of Dogface Dooley since I picked up #3 a while back. Tough books all of them.

nice book. I'm a #1 & #nn collector, but always love to see the other issues. I actually have 2 copies of this #1. This title is kind of gaining in popularity.
Post 3097 IP   flag post

Post 3098 IP   flag post
Looks like a Rockford stamp on that Military Comics #15...
Post 3099 IP   flag post
..Underrated title from Prize Publications (with #8 and #11 being the exceptions of course), but most of the early issues feature great covers. This one is a knockout imho
Post 3100 IP   flag post
1945 in NM future 9.8 I hope.

Post 3101 IP   flag post

Post 3102 IP   flag post
Three NM #1's only a nickle each. To think for 15 cents they could have been yours. Thinknill sell them for double that price.

Post 3103 IP   flag post
Tough 3-D comic to find in nice shape, plus glasses attached. Whoop whoop!

Post 3104 IP   flag post

Post 3105 IP   flag post
618083 5683 30