Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Subby's triangular head is out of control on that Brazilian book lol
Post 3053 IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user
NAMÔRA

Published by RGE, Brazil 1949

Post 3054 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I've often wondered about the identity of the gorgeous bound woman being rescued by the Torch on the cover of Marvel Mystery #7. This may simply have been Alex Schomburg's idea, but her elaborate costume, it does seem that she's a bit more than the typical distressed damsel in dire need of rescue. Who knows, maybe she was conceived as a continuing character that ended up being shelved at the last minute.

Post 3055 IP   flag post

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Just discovered that METROPOLIS COMICS lists SCRIBBLY #6 as
"SUPER RARE" (Rarest non-hero DC?)

OO

mm
Post 3056 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice copy of that book, Marty. Interesting that Metropolis rates it as so scarce. I checked the Gerber scarcity index and it was only rated a five, which is somewhat hard to find but far from super rare. Never tried to locate a copy myself, so I can’t say which is closer to the truth. I’m guessing somewhere in between the two.
Post 3057 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Very nice copy of that book, Marty. Interesting that Metropolis rates it as so scarce. I checked the Gerber scarcity index and it was only rated a five, which is somewhat hard to find but far from super rare. Never tried to locate a copy myself, so I can’t say which is closer to the truth. I’m guessing somewhere in between the two.

The only copy I have been able to locate available for sale is
the one at METROPOLIS COMICS...an un-certified VF: 7.5 copy for
$1,600.00.

Marty
Post 3058 IP   flag post
Looks like one sold on FeeBay back in May. The Cookeville copy (cgc 6.5) sold on HA back in 2017 for $310. Certainly a rare book but scarce might be pushing it.

Post 3059 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito @martymann

As per Overstreet:
Rare (10 - 20 copies estimated to exist)
Scarce (20 - 100 copies estimated to exist)
Post 3060 IP   flag post

Post 3061 IP   flag post
@Sagii Awesome Fantastic cover, Sagii!

Hitler apparently liked getting his kicks the hard way...

Post 3062 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica LOL, apparently 🤣
Great book Cat!
Post 3063 IP   flag post
Haven’t posted Plas in awhile. Jack Cole’s whimsical art is VITAL.

Post 3064 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 3065 IP   flag post
Only 7 graded copies with one of them "restored".

OO

mm
Post 3066 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Going through and sorting some comics that I want to send in, so I rebagged a lot. Thought you guys might like to see some obscure htf giveaways, promos, dells, file copies, etc. Most are VF/NM or better. Sorry for any glare or plastic bag wrinkles.

Post 3067 IP   flag post
Thre high grade sets of Gene Autry givesaways.

Post 3068 IP   flag post
All four books cool here, but the Sam Hill and the Saturday Evening Folks are likely the only copies that exist. They were personally made by artist Jack Sparling to promote his work. They were guve to Malcom Ater Sr who owned Commercial comics. Jack was married to Malcolm's sister.

Post 3069 IP   flag post
1938 file copy an
d the original club pin, not the replica, both mint. Often the pin is more yellowed and missing paper circle stuck in back identifying walt Disney with Mickey mouse pic. This has it.
Post 3070 IP   flag post
Random minis, and promos, all in great shape.

Post 3071 IP   flag post
All the books here cool. As you can see the sgt.Prestons from the 50s had a small and larger version.
The other cool ones are the 3 untouchables. Lastly the 1933 Buck Rogers Kellogg's giveaway.
Best copy I have seen.
Post 3072 IP   flag post
All hard to find in high grade

Post 3073 IP   flag post
So remember this 1938 Donald Duck I had graded. Well there are 10 in this set. I have located 8 more in high grade and only missing the last one called Practical pig. These are extremely scarce and in high grade nearly impossible, but here they are in great shape.

Post 3074 IP   flag post

Post 3075 IP   flag post

Post 3076 IP   flag post
A few Dells that are in super high grade most 9.6 or better

Post 3077 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - Super Boobs?!
Post 3078 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

the origin issue no less!!!
Post 3079 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

the origin issue no less!!!

Yes it's the only copy I have ever seen or know of. The origin is on the back its say that a Jewish man and a Martian woman had offspring, who as she developed (literally) she began to fight crime. In the pages her chest would enlarge to stop criminals, you know bullets bouncing of them. Etc...pretty funny.
Post 3080 IP   flag post
611385 5660 30