Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
@earthshaker01 By the way it’s listed as
#nn. And it’s the only issue.
I guess I'll get a sharpie and write in nn in circle, lol.

LOL 😂 on the sharpie

Mine isn’t quite that nice. Hoping for a 7.0
Good luck to both of us.
Post 2801 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
@earthshaker01 By the way it’s listed as
#nn. And it’s the only issue.
I guess I'll get a sharpie and write in nn in circle, lol.

LOL 😂 on the sharpie

Mine isn’t quite that nice. Hoping for a 7.0
Good luck to both of us.
I'll be sending it into cgc with a bunch of other books. Wait times are killing me, plus I have books that need thicker well. Like I have a nice Peter pan treasure chest by dell about inch thick.
Post 2802 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
As far as Four Favorites goes this one is just a bear to find. I actually own 2 copies of this book but unfortunately they both look like they went through a meat grinder. This is the go-between issue before they went full "teen humor" for the series and dropped the super-hero theme.

Post 2803 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
As far as Four Favorites goes this one is just a bear to find. I actually own 2 copies of this book but unfortunately they both look like they went through a meat grinder. This is the go-between issue before they went full "teen humor" for the series and dropped the super-hero theme.

TOUGH book! Passed on a graded copy maybe two years ago, not too pricey and have regretted it ever since!
Post 2804 IP   flag post
Here's another HTF later Four Favorites issue
Post 2805 IP   flag post

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived! Kewl Shore's bad girl makes this Torch book extra hot...

Post 2806 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
A favorite of mine. It is both the highest graded copy and a double cover.
Post 2807 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

OO

mm
Post 2808 IP   flag post
Haven't posted this beauty in awhile, ...so why not!

Note: Since the Human Torch is an android does that qualify as transgender?
Post 2809 IP   flag post

OO

mm
Post 2810 IP   flag post

Post 2811 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Here's another HTF later Four Favorites issue

Looks like ours are both in similar condition

Post 2812 IP   flag post
another one that rarely comes up for sale

Post 2813 IP   flag post
Quote:
another one that rarely comes up for sale

Nice! And mine probably will grade out the same when i slab it. Congrats! Both issues are also Gerber No-Shows
Post 2814 IP   flag post
FOUR FAVORITES including a Gerber No-Show, comin' right up...

Note: Undoubtably my other favorites are sulking right now, but they're taking one for the team just so I can make this lame joke work.
Post 2815 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica SUPER SWEET books Cat!!
Post 2816 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
@CatmanAmerica SUPER SWEET books Cat!!

Thanks!
Post 2817 IP   flag post
Just a great 10 cent buy.

OO (Oct. 1945)

mm
Post 2818 IP   flag post
I’v always loved the original Sandman costume. Business suit, cape, gas mask and that hat; just beautifully hideous! (Or is it hideously beautiful?) I would love to get all of the original Flessel covers where Sandy sported this get-up, but as most are crazy expensive, it’s a matter of waiting for the right copy at the right price.
Post 2819 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
I’v always loved the original Sandman costume. Business suit, cape, gas mask and that hat; just beautifully hideous! (Or is it hideously beautiful?) I would love to get all of the original Flessel covers where Sandy sported this get-up, but as most are crazy expensive, it’s a matter of waiting for the right copy at the right price.
Super book there (and not a funny animal in sight 🤡). Congrats!
Post 2820 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Just a great 10 cent buy.

OO (Oct. 1945)

mm

Tell me where you're buying these books for ten cents, ...I'm booking travel time!
Post 2821 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Until Cat gets back from his time traveling adventures I'll post this little time capsule resident!

Post 2822 IP   flag post
I'm back! This is what I picked up via Mr. Peabody's Wayback machine ...

Now I gotta book passage for another trip!!!
Post 2823 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
These are a little outside the GA era by a few years, but I thought you guys would appreciate them. Here are 3 of the 26 file copies on their way back to me that CBCS chose to be on their featured gallery.

Post 2824 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 - Congratulations on some more beautiful books! I check the Featured Comics section out almost daily, and when I saw the super-high grade Dells today, I knew exactly who had submitted them!
Post 2825 IP   flag post
Just acquired this beauty. A Publisher’s bound volume of all the Harvey Comics published for the months of March and April 1956. This is a one of a kind item in super clean condition. Most publishers kept bound volumes of their comics, both for editorial reference and for proof of publication. In the case of Harveys, Leon Harvey is known to have bound several volumes by title for his personal collection, many of which have hit the market over the years. These are distinguishable by the fact that they have his name printed on the binding. I have been tempted by a few of those over the years, but never pulled the trigger because many of them show significant wear. This one is direct from the publisher’s archives, and one of the nicest bound volumes I have seen.

There are many more comics in the volume, but that’s enough photos for you to get the idea. Notably, this volume only contains 11 pages of Richie Rich during these two months. It’s amazing how long it took Harvey to realize the full potential of their greatest star. It would be another year and a half before he was finally given a try out in Harvey Hits, and another three years after that before he received his own title. This is a truly awesome book! It is definitely a fantastic time capsule from the tail end of the golden age.
Post 2826 IP   flag post
Awesome grab. I have always been fascinated by bound volumes. I still have yet to pull the trigger on one..but some day no doubt.
Post 2827 IP   flag post
Quote:
Awesome grab. I have always been fascinated by bound volumes. I still have yet to pull the trigger on one..but some day no doubt.

This is the first one I actually pulled the trigger on. Hard to justify the hefty asking prices for comics that have been trimmed and then stitched or glued into a book. However, after acquiring this, I can say with certainty that I am now on the lookout for more high quality volumes!
Post 2828 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp cool bound volume. I have some early dell ones. They are cool 8n their own way.
Post 2829 IP   flag post
Just for grins, I'm always trying to find something that relates in one way or another to a prior posted image. Publisher bound GA volumes exist, but are pretty rare and none in my collection. Then it occurred to me, I don't have any leather or cloth bound volumes, but I do have Volume 2, #2 of Mystic with a bound beauty! Mission accomplished...

Post 2830 IP   flag post
611410 5660 30