CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2501 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
@Helric1 Love that America's Best! What a great cover!

Schomburg did some phenomenal work for Better/Standard comics. Years ago fans used to call'em "poor man's Timely's", but given the demand that "poor man's" part sure doesn't apply any more...



.
Post 2502 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

))

mm
Post 2503 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann Nice'n Marty, another walloppin' good Schomburg cover!

Here's one of my favorite 50's Atlas SF covers; this one by Bill Everett...



.
Post 2504 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Here are a couple high grade #1 obscure golden age books. I don't know all the artists and things, but I imagine they must be known artists.
Side note: I recall buying The Clutching Hand from a live auction, while standing in line for a ride at Disneyland. Glad I did, as I rarely see this book.


Post 2505 • IP   flag post


PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user


OO

mm
Post 2506 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
First & last issues of Cat-Man Comics in grade...






.
Post 2507 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
..A few 'Halloween-esque' covers
Post 2508 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2509 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I like that cover too!


Post 2510 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I like that cover too!


..and a Ped to boot! Nice!
Post 2511 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I like that cover too!


..and a Ped to boot! Nice!
I only have a #1 of that series. You know me I don't got too far outside of #1's and occasional #2, but I like that black cover
Post 2512 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Continuing the "Halloween" theme, I'm not sure if I have shared this one here or not. When I saw it, I had to have it!! Dell Four Color #46 from 1944.


Post 2513 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Continuing the "Halloween" theme, I'm not sure if I have shared this one here or not. When I saw it, I had to have it!! Dell Four Color #46 from 1944.


The one Felix i am chasing. Classic!
Post 2514 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii Have you seen these? clickable text
Post 2515 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Halloween themes? Hmmm...



.
Post 2516 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Nazi witch & a black cat...



.
Post 2517 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Ditko's winged-harpies...



.
Post 2518 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Nazi witch & a black cat...



.
Great stuff Cat!
@ogjackster Thanks!
Post 2519 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Captain America's last battle with the Red Skull, this time in Hell...



.
Post 2520 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Great stuff Cat!

@ogjackster Thanks!


Much appreciated, guys!

This has Halloween written all over it! Well, actually Larson is written on it, but art-wise it's pretty spooky...




I've got more spooky treats to share, but I don't wanna be a Halloween hog!
Post 2521 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1 and 2


Post 2522 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
This Dell giant actually says Halloween. Can't get any clear than that.
Post 2523 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is anther Halloween book. These were file copies I had laying around.
Post 2524 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user


OO

mm
Post 2525 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user


OO

mm
Post 2526 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
This Dell giant actually says Halloween. Can't get any clear than that.
I'm in 100% agreement! Nice!
Post 2527 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann


OO

mm
You guys know how i feel about Looney Tunes (Bugs especially)
Post 2528 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user
Timely Comics Human Torch & Submariner.

The Dawn of Timely Comics in Brazil 1940

High Grade Beauty, this incredible Broadsheet is just Blazing!


Post 2529 • IP   flag post
Collector KomicKazi private msg quote post Address this user
Daring Mystery Comics No. 1

1st Appearances of Comet and Monako

Published by O Globo, Brazil 1940


Post 2530 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.