Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Your (bi)weekly/Monthly pointless Spec update page!18999

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
From various sources or my own findings on top spec books or those sneaky DCs flying under the radar; Brought to you whenever I feel like it!

This week: Batman Adventures 12
From Key Collector: Lady Gaga has been confirmed to star in the next Joker movie rumored to portray Harley. Sales across varying grades this week are up 2-7% higher than the 12 month average.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
And a freebie for the week.

Hulk #2 vol-5 2022
Currently quiet or unseen as important is the 1st appearance of Starship Hulk and 2nd Bruce! Only time will tell if this is significant in the long run of Banner’s struggle to control the Hulk; or is it the Hulk’s struggle to control Banner?!

Post 2 IP   flag post
Ok this caught my eye today. Given the “success” of Joker deserving a sequel from DCU higher ups; if the DCU continues with villain origin stories; We may able to see Bane in the future. Next to Joker Bane would be a reasonable next step since we saw many villain backgrounds in the show Gotham that may not be further explored with given all of the DCU cancellations. I believe Bane has the clout to be an origin film success.

I believe Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #16-20s “Venom” story would be likely pulled from (even though Bane does not appear) since this is the drug Bane uses to achieve his super human strength.

Until next time!

Post 3 IP   flag post
Rotten Tomatoes has reported development on a Lobo feature since 2020. The latest update that coincides with other upcoming DC project articles was Dec 2022. So maybe there’s hope for this one.
—————————————————————-
“LOBO
Release Date: TBD

What We Know: The Main Man, a Czarnian with various superpowers and healing factors, has always been of interest to Warner Bros. in its various corporate incarnations. Attempts to make a Lobo movie date back to 2009 with Guy Ritchie and Brad Peyton circling the director’s chair. As of February 2020, screenwriter Jason Fuchs (Wonder Woman) was completing a new draft. Michael Bay was linked to the project, but it is unclear if he ever really signed on. In one of the stranger turns, The Hollywood Reporter claimed in December 2022 that Jason Momoa is interested in switching from Aquaman to the Main Man for a Lobo feature.

How It Fits in the DC Multiverse: Lobo, like Green Lantern Corps, could introduce the cosmic elements of the DC Universe. The character’s irreverence and stark design also set him apart from the rest the DC characters audiences are familiar with. And considering the times his comic book counterpart and Superman have butted heads, he could become a worthy opponent for the Man of Steel in a subsequent film. Additionally, he is the sort of character Gunn likes to work with, so it is possible his stock is rising again.”
——————————————————

I’d keep an eye on
Omega Men #3 (1st appearance of Lobo) which has held steady sales as well as 10-27% increases over the 12 month averages across various grades being #1 on Key Collectors “Hot 10”.

Issues that may be more important to a film adaptation would be-

Justice League International #18 (beginning of Lobo’s distinct character developments)

Adventures of Superman #464 (1st meeting and battle of Supe & Lobo)

Lobo #1 (origin of Lobo)

Post 4 IP   flag post
From Key Collector: Rick and Morty #1 sales are above the 12 month average across various grades due to details of a domestic violence incident involving the co-creator. Why this spikes demand idk.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Ok this caught my eye today. Given the “success” of Joker deserving a sequel from DCU higher ups; if the DCU continues with villain origin stories; We may able to see Bane in the future. Next to Joker Bane would be a reasonable next step since we saw many villain backgrounds in the show Gotham that may not be further explored with given all of the DCU cancellations. I believe Bane has the clout to be an origin film success.

I believe Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #16-20s “Venom” story would be likely pulled from (even though Bane does not appear) since this is the drug Bane uses to achieve his super human strength.

Until next time!

Anyone think KGBeast will make an appearance? the Russians are bad guys again and it was a decent story
Maybe he is too obscure - need to stay with the known villains - so Joker, Riddler, Penguin - maybe Scarecrow....or Egg Head!! who would reprise Vincent Prices portrayal??
Post 6 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing to really add, but I would love a Mr freeze adaptation similar to batman TAS if a Villan story is what they are looking for. Hard to do realistic ice weapons but the story is classic and emotional.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Legend of Zelda #1
———————————————————————————————————————-
From Key Collector:

“Rumored to be in development for an animated movie by Illumination.

Link 1st appeared in Nintendo Comics Sneak Preview.”
——————————————————————————————————————
This would not be the first animated project about Link or The Legend of Zelda universe. This one could and probably will breath new life into the series for collectors.

If you haven’t seen Despicable Me, Grinch, Pets or anything by Illumination; they are good. In my opinion; Illumination produces top tier Children/Family content and would expect Zelda to be a success. Anyone who touches Nintendo knows Zelda and a Zelda fan would undoubtedly see this movie; my 34 year old adult self included. My only wish is that it is based on my favorite game of all time; Super Nintendo’s Link to the Past.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Great. Now HoS 92 is going become further out of reach. I should’ve bought a 5.0 for $400 when they weren’t moving.

From Key Collector:

Post 9 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Excellent, while there was a surge in Marvel keys and minor keys I was targeting DC books including HOS 92 and I'm not a big Swamp thing fan.

I really should check the TV show out.
I did the movies and well... If you've seen them I don't need to comment.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Excellent, while there was a surge in Marvel keys and minor keys I was targeting DC books including HOS 92 and I'm not a big Swamp thing fan.

I like the character, but I love Wrightson covers. I figured it was a book that would eventually increase and it tripled after I made the choice to get other books instead.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

I like the character, but I love Wrightson covers. I figured it was a book that would eventually increase and it tripled after I made the choice to get other books instead.

I got lucky in a lcs when a collection came in, I went thru it and found it and said I'll buy it and the owner said $400 for HOS 92, that's like 50% of FMV.

The collection had other bronze keys but I got lucky.
My other lcs was getting in books and the dcs he was pricing to cheaply and I was buying them all up.
Like a Batman 189 where he had a poor for $25 a vg for $50 and a 6.5 for $125 so I bought all 3.

This was last year while a lot of collectors were buying Marvel and leaving DC for dead as they were cold.

I bought this reading copy for $5

I bought this for $30 as a reading copy for my CGC 8.5

Now that the attention is moving to DCs and future spec.

Now's the time to watch marvel minor keys drop in spec prices and possibly pick them up. Not sure what I'll go for.
Post 12 IP   flag post
A bit of old news. Dead Day has been scrapped by Peacock who originally had plans to develop a TV adaptation. At this time no other networks have picked it up and Dead Day is dead in the water.

TV Insider article here-clickable text

Post 13 IP   flag post
It looks like it’s a good time to buy some Modern keys. The likes of ASM 361 are falling in sold prices. I’ve been keeping an eye on Carnage for awhile so I’ll use ASM 361 as an example. In 2018-2019 a 9.8 ASM 361 was selling in $300s. In 2020 it started climbing and through 2022 was hitting upwards of $600 with the newsstand reaching near $1k. Currently 9.8s can be had in the $300s and 9.6s are getting stale with BIN prices near $200. There is also a very nice cgc 9.6 Newsstand on eBay for $174.99 starting bid with no bites. The deals are there; just wade through the over priced wall ornaments 😉

Edit: the 9.8 Newsstand is an outlier in this observation. It is still commanding a premium.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I’ve been excited and cautiously optimistic since it was mentioned, but with no immediate signs of being scrapped I’m going to bring it up.

BRZRKR “will” hit Netflix with a feature film starring and written by Keanu Reeves followed by an anime series (also start Reeves) that will expand the BRZRKR universe. With Netflix’s insatiable addiction of content and Reeves behind all 3 projects I have no doubt we will see the next 2 phases. If Netflix were to drop it I couldn’t imagine Reeves; as passionate about films and giving fans what they want as he is; would not find away to complete the upcoming projects. Maybe even on his own dime if so blessed; idk maybe he’s like that. In all seriousness Reeves; take break dude; you work too hard.

clickable text

Now the question remains; will my standard or foil covers command the hype premium 🤔.
Post 15 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Reeves will get his series and movies. John Wick 4 is continuing to do extremely well and Brzrkr is close enough (in genre) to be viewed as safe.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Wow! It’s been awhile. I’ve focused on actual collecting and dumb things like expanding my personal long term goals. Silly right?

Anyway; the 2008 Secret Wars Currently is on a down slope along with everything moderns. Even with the Disney+ release does it still have life? Is it time stock up for the next big flip? You decide!

Post 17 IP   flag post
Oh and GI Joe/Transformers. Watch that one.
Post 18 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I heard from a pretty strong source that the Exiled from Wesley Snipes was already approved and nearing the first stages of production, take it fwiw.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Of course uncanny x-men #266 has heated up simmered and likely to heat up again, but x-men annual #14 predates #266 in publication, but continuity is questionable. Will Annual 14 shine or be overshadowed?

From Key Collector:

Post 20 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
What are thoughts about Spider-man 31?
Apparently debut of new Mary jane as new jackpot.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/amazing-spider-man-31-mary-jane-jackpot-first-appearance-design
Post 21 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Hint:

#dropitlikeitshot
Post 22 IP   flag post
Lol
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
What are thoughts about Spider-man 31?
Apparently debut of new Mary jane as new jackpot.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/amazing-spider-man-31-mary-jane-jackpot-first-appearance-design
I feel like it will do as well as the new spider-man costume that was changed after a couple issues because it was gross and this looks along the same lines. You never know.
Post 24 IP   flag post
https://comicbookmovie.com/comics/marvel-comics/marvel-comics-reveals-new-look-at-mjs-superhero-persona-jackpot-with-amazing-spider-man-31-second-printing-a204603

Apparently it is well enough for 2nd print. Truth be told I bought tbe hype and bought a ratio of it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
https://comicbookmovie.com/comics/marvel-comics/marvel-comics-reveals-new-look-at-mjs-superhero-persona-jackpot-with-amazing-spider-man-31-second-printing-a204603

Apparently it is well enough for 2nd print. Truth be told I bought tbe hype and bought a ratio of it.
I feel like once a book is trending its already too late
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought the book when it was first released. So the Mark up wasn't as severe as it is on ebay now. I dont believe in selling things not in my possession. If I did, I'm pretty sure I could profit off of the book easily right now
Post 27 IP   flag post

New variant cover may get heat, who knows

Batman ashcan.
I do like the artwork inside but probably not the price to get a copy.

Post 28 IP   flag post
Is it me or has every character in marvel universe been venomized?
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Bronte pretty much, or they've appeared as zombies
Post 30 IP   flag post
597905 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?