Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Your (bi)weekly/Monthly pointless Spec update page!18999

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
From various sources or my own findings on top spec books or those sneaky DCs flying under the radar; Brought to you whenever I feel like it!

This week: Batman Adventures 12
From Key Collector: Lady Gaga has been confirmed to star in the next Joker movie rumored to portray Harley. Sales across varying grades this week are up 2-7% higher than the 12 month average.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
And a freebie for the week.

Hulk #2 vol-5 2022
Currently quiet or unseen as important is the 1st appearance of Starship Hulk and 2nd Bruce! Only time will tell if this is significant in the long run of Banner’s struggle to control the Hulk; or is it the Hulk’s struggle to control Banner?!

Post 2 IP   flag post
Ok this caught my eye today. Given the “success” of Joker deserving a sequel from DCU higher ups; if the DCU continues with villain origin stories; We may able to see Bane in the future. Next to Joker Bane would be a reasonable next step since we saw many villain backgrounds in the show Gotham that may not be further explored with given all of the DCU cancellations. I believe Bane has the clout to be an origin film success.

I believe Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #16-20s “Venom” story would be likely pulled from (even though Bane does not appear) since this is the drug Bane uses to achieve his super human strength.

Until next time!

Post 3 IP   flag post
Rotten Tomatoes has reported development on a Lobo feature since 2020. The latest update that coincides with other upcoming DC project articles was Dec 2022. So maybe there’s hope for this one.
—————————————————————-
“LOBO
Release Date: TBD

What We Know: The Main Man, a Czarnian with various superpowers and healing factors, has always been of interest to Warner Bros. in its various corporate incarnations. Attempts to make a Lobo movie date back to 2009 with Guy Ritchie and Brad Peyton circling the director’s chair. As of February 2020, screenwriter Jason Fuchs (Wonder Woman) was completing a new draft. Michael Bay was linked to the project, but it is unclear if he ever really signed on. In one of the stranger turns, The Hollywood Reporter claimed in December 2022 that Jason Momoa is interested in switching from Aquaman to the Main Man for a Lobo feature.

How It Fits in the DC Multiverse: Lobo, like Green Lantern Corps, could introduce the cosmic elements of the DC Universe. The character’s irreverence and stark design also set him apart from the rest the DC characters audiences are familiar with. And considering the times his comic book counterpart and Superman have butted heads, he could become a worthy opponent for the Man of Steel in a subsequent film. Additionally, he is the sort of character Gunn likes to work with, so it is possible his stock is rising again.”
——————————————————

I’d keep an eye on
Omega Men #3 (1st appearance of Lobo) which has held steady sales as well as 10-27% increases over the 12 month averages across various grades being #1 on Key Collectors “Hot 10”.

Issues that may be more important to a film adaptation would be-

Justice League International #18 (beginning of Lobo’s distinct character developments)

Adventures of Superman #464 (1st meeting and battle of Supe & Lobo)

Lobo #1 (origin of Lobo)

Post 4 IP   flag post
From Key Collector: Rick and Morty #1 sales are above the 12 month average across various grades due to details of a domestic violence incident involving the co-creator. Why this spikes demand idk.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Ok this caught my eye today. Given the “success” of Joker deserving a sequel from DCU higher ups; if the DCU continues with villain origin stories; We may able to see Bane in the future. Next to Joker Bane would be a reasonable next step since we saw many villain backgrounds in the show Gotham that may not be further explored with given all of the DCU cancellations. I believe Bane has the clout to be an origin film success.

I believe Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #16-20s “Venom” story would be likely pulled from (even though Bane does not appear) since this is the drug Bane uses to achieve his super human strength.

Until next time!

Anyone think KGBeast will make an appearance? the Russians are bad guys again and it was a decent story
Maybe he is too obscure - need to stay with the known villains - so Joker, Riddler, Penguin - maybe Scarecrow....or Egg Head!! who would reprise Vincent Prices portrayal??
Post 6 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing to really add, but I would love a Mr freeze adaptation similar to batman TAS if a Villan story is what they are looking for. Hard to do realistic ice weapons but the story is classic and emotional.
Post 7 IP   flag post
544324 7 7