Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Joker Is Pregnant in New Comic, And Fans Are Really Angry18974

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
But when I read through those couple pages, I found that it isn't wokism, it's just a dumb story.

lol, we're so conditioned to expect that the dumbest stories are that way because they are agenda driven. But sometimes they're just dumb for no reason at all apparently.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
Reminds me when Mork had Merth.

Good lord, I'd forgotten about that. A perfect example of a show that should have ended sooner, and not because screenwriters were making social commentary that some people didn't want to hear, but because it was dreadful.

😲 I used to like you...

Mork & Mindy was the light of my high school years. In addition to being absolutely hilarious, it was spectacular to bring up in my Italian class because our teacher just didn't get it. Watching an Italian dude get frustrated and gesture like he's trying to catch a breeze and take off for the airport while the kids laugh 'til they cry was a comedy gem on its own. However, there's no doubt the show ran for one season too many. Seasons 1 & 2 were golden and season 3, while not quite up to the standards set by its predecessors, was still great. Season 4, on the other hand...
Post 52 IP   flag post
@KatKomics
We could all do a lot worse than to be related to a hottie like Ricardo Montalban.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@KatKomics
We could all do a lot worse than to be related to a hottie like Ricardo Montalban.

Being related to me would be a prime example.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Watching an Italian dude get frustrated and gesture like he's trying to catch a breeze and take off for the airport while the kids laugh 'til they cry was a comedy gem on its own.

This brought up a memory of a substitute teacher I had in high school, Mr. Okaine, that was a stereotypical cranky old man and would get so agitated he would start shouting slurs at kids. Everyone was in shock, except me, who was laughing hysterically at one of my Iranian friends getting called something I can't repeat here. The sub then called me Smiley and told me wipe the smirk off my face .
Post 55 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I had a teacher for advanced history in high school that was crazy. If a guy asked to go to bathroom he asked if anyone had a rubber band? A cork for the ladies....

There was a girl who had a last name if Tilton. He Said her mom was great at the Hilton.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
My highschool was small - like 500 or less with all the staff too!! I grew up with the teachers kids or nieces and nephews or they were our jr 'insert sport' coaches etc.

Mr. King was awesome - I'm a Feb kid so I was legal to drink with like 4 or 5 months to go in last year - I was walking into the liquor store and Mr. King was walking out -at lunch - we just kind of nodded and went our way!! This kid Harry's sister carded me that day - cause she knew I was finally legal!! - good times!

Mr. Colt was our science teacher - old guy - said he would teach us to make lucy in the sky with diamonds if anyone got 100% average in the class....no one did!
Post 57 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Story looks like ass. Hard pass.
Post 58 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
The 'backup story' is just really, really, really dumb and highlights why I haven't bought anything printed after 2018. There's no substance to it. It was only written for shock value.

Reminds me of a certain TV show from last year...
Post 59 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
They pump out thousands of stories every year and have been doing it for decades....most subject matters, points of view, news headlines etc. will be used to generate stories. Not all stories will be stellar and not all stories have ulterior motives or agendas....sometimes it's just about getting a story out to make a deadline.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user

Post 61 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
sometimes it's just about getting a story out to make a deadline

That probably applies to both the story and the blog reporting the "angry fans".
Post 62 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
They pump out thousands of stories every year and have been doing it for decades....

Long gone are the days where they put out only part of a story 12 times a year.

Back when you could count on those stories being good.
Post 63 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
sometimes it's just about getting a story out to make a deadline

That probably applies to both the story and the blog reporting the "angry fans".

This applies primarily to the blogs/clickbait farms..
Post 64 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 65 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
This can only happen in the world of make believe, fantasy, and fiction.
Post 66 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I bought the first four issues after this thread started!!! 😁
Let me know if this is a story arc or a solo book if you would.

Well, I finally got around to reading the first four issues. Each issue has two stories. The first story is more serious and continues from one issue to the next. The second story is shorter, drawn more cartoonish, and is a stand alone story. It's the second story where Zatanna magically gets the Joker pregnant. Anyone who sees any kind of agenda in the story is full of it. I liked the series enough to buy issue #5 and preorder issues #6 and #7.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It's the second story where Zatanna magically gets the Joker pregnant.

But that's the thing. The Joker was never *actually* pregnant. That was established after he threw up the mud-thing.

Post 68 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
It's the second story where Zatanna magically gets the Joker pregnant.

But that's the thing. The Joker was never *actually* pregnant. That was established after he threw up the mud-thing.

True. But the mud he threw up came to life. So, he was carrying a living thing in his body. Isn't that being pregnant?
Post 69 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
My tape worm just got seriously pissed.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
So, he was carrying a living thing in his body. Isn't that being pregnant?

If I were to eat meat that wasn't properly cooked and my knuckleheadedness got me an intestinal parasite, I would definitely NOT be pregnant. I would just be dim.

The question of the Joker's pregnancy remains unanswered...
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
My tape worm just got seriously pissed.

Or really chuffed, since it now has the possible option to partake in a share of your estate. He'll become Earthworm Jim's snooty - and very distant - cousin, Tapeworm Maynard.
Post 72 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I think the elephant in the room here is, when reading a story of fiction expect just that?
Post 73 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Quote:
I think the elephant in the room here is, when reading a story of fiction expect just that?

Exactly.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly.

It amazes me how many people read a fictional story and expect a documentary.
Post 75 IP   flag post
It wouldn't be the internet if people didn't get angry over nonsense they didn't actually see or read.

I didn't read it because I don't care. Rest assured, I am furious.
Post 76 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
It wouldn't be the internet if people didn't get angry over nonsense they didn't actually see or read.

LOL

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly.

It amazes me how many people read a fictional story and expect a documentary.

It's crazy. 🤪
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:

Just like this! LOL!
Post 78 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'm pissed that it took you this long to publicly acknowledge that you're furious. I believe you need to adjust your moral compass.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I'm pissed that it took you this long to publicly acknowledge that you're furious. I believe you need to adjust your moral compass.

My apologies. I was too busy self-loathing earlier. I was cursing myself for being born with a penis.
Post 80 IP   flag post
619633 84 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?