Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Amazon Floating Book Shelves Work well with Comics18965

Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user

I just put these up in my sons room for his books and he is a big Spider-Man and amazing friends fan I donated some of my slabs to help decorate his room. Price went way up though I didn’t pay that much, but it works well

NIUBEE Kids Acrylic Floating Bookshelf 36 Inch,Clear Invisible Wall Bookshelves Ledge Book Shelf,50% Thicker with Free Screwdriver https://a.co/d/6NtZQG8
Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I used them as well, and agree. I also ran a strand of fishing line across the top, ‘cause, you know, earthquakes happen.

Post 2 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I have something similar. Another “brand” but who knows if same product/mfr. Soyee - got a three pack of the 15inch shelf. Work great. I think was $12-$15 for the pack.

Basement display. Batman figure on loan from my son:

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
I am always leery of displaying my slabbed books because I have a ton of direct sunlight in this house. It is 106 years old and we have been slowly replacing the windows with UV filtered glass. I don't want fading to affect them. Is this an issue with the plastic for the shelving as well? I know plastics react to light absorption causing cracking or yellowing. Is the plastic reactive?
Post 4 IP   flag post
With lots of direct sunlight I would be concerned with books first, then the acrylic shelves.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Element_Lad @Davethebrave - agreed which is why my display is in a closet with a door which stays closed much of the time.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
those do look cool.only have one graded comic (and 4 submitted) but have a lot of display worthy comics that arent graded/submitted (secret wars #8 signed by zeck, beatty and dell, edge of spiderverse #2 5th printing signed by latour, renzi and rodriguez, etc)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave Love The Men in Black!
Post 8 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I have these in my office and I rotate books on them. I got them on Amazon and they have a bunch of different lengths. Very easy to install.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
@Davethebrave Love The Men in Black!

Someone here inspired me in a thread many months ago. Funny enough I already had a raw copy but -this- copy isn’t it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
I have these in my office and I rotate books on them. I got them on Amazon and they have a bunch of different lengths. Very easy to install.

@lawguy1977
Do you recall the brand?
Post 11 IP   flag post
My other display solutions:

Post 12 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely. The brand is InPlace Shelving: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NO11M2W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&th=1
Post 13 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977 thanks!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave You're welcome!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector PDGray private msg quote post Address this user
Great stuff here - thanks for the ideas!!

PDG
Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 Do those have some kind of lip on the bottom that keeps the slabs from sliding off?
Post 17 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Yeah, it’s hard to see, but they do.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia This might show the lip a bit better

Post 19 IP   flag post
619656 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?