Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCScary Horror/Sci-fi Thread of Comics and Movies18962

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Don't forget The Ark starts tonight on the SYFY channel at 7:00 PM pacific.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Scream VI Super Bowl Trailer Released

Post 52 IP   flag post

Amazon Adapting Scott Snyder and Jock's Wytches Into an Animated Series

By TIMOTHY ADAMS - February 8, 2023 04:40 pm EST

Scott Snyder and Jock's creator-owned series Wytches is being adapted into an animated show for Amazon. Variety reports that both Scott Snyder and Jock will be executive producers on the Wytches adaptation, alongside Plan B Entertainment, Project 51 Productions' Kevin Kolde, and Amazon Studios. The animated series would presumably join Prime Video's content of programming, which already includes the adult-animated Invincible, also originally a comic book series, and The Legend of Vox Machina. The latter was just renewed for a third season on Prime Video. Plan B originally planned to make Wytches into a movie, but pivoted to turning Wytches into a TV series in 2021.

"Driven by the pairing of Scott and Jock along with our partners at Plan B and Project 51 Productions, Wytches fuses nail biting horror and evocative drama while unearthing the dark lore surrounding an ancient burrow of witches," said, Melissa Wolfe, head of animation for Amazon Studios. "Given the haunting and intimate nature of Scott and Jock's well regarded comic series, we are looking forward to delivering their creative vision to our global audience and expanding our growing roster of animated series."

"Wytches is possibly my most personal work," Snyder said. "It's all about the monsters that dwell beneath the surface of things, both literally and figuratively. I've been intimately involved with this animated series from the start, and I can honestly say that I love this show as much as the book, if not more. The animation brings the incredible art by Jock to life, and the episodic format expands the world of Wytches, taking the characters and mythology to terrifying new places. Jock and I are deeply grateful to Plan B Entertainment, Kevin Kolde, and Amazon Studios for believing in Wytches and giving us a chance to make this show dark, personal, twisted, and very special."
Post 53 IP   flag post

New Godzilla TV Series Will Feature More Titans Than Expected

By MEGAN PETERS February 9, 2023

Godzilla is one of the biggest names in Hollywood, and when it comes to titans, no one can top the atomic beast. These days, the industry has put Godzilla center stage with its MonsterVerse franchise as new movies are in the work right now. There is also a live-action TV show in production at Apple TV+ under Matt Fraction and Chris Black. And now, we have learned the series is going to feature kaiju from all over the Godzillaverse.

The update comes from Matt Shakman, one of the TV creatives behind the MonsterVerse show. The producer spoke with Collider recently about The Consultant, and the topic of monsters came up. It was there Shakman dished some juicy details about the Godzilla show. For one, the kaiju will not be the only one discussed in the show, and this live-action outing will keep itself separate from everything happening in theaters with Legendary's movies.

"There is some overlap, though we were not heavily involved in talking about it with Adam Wingard and his team. Legendary is the studio for our show, as well as for the films, and so they sort of sit at the juncture there between the two, and they have a mythology department there which is wonderful," Shakman said about the show's place in the MonsterVerse. "They weigh in on how things might overlap, how certain creatures need to stay on one side or the other, and so there is a lot of conversation about it. But in terms of how closely the narratives overlap, it's not as involved to say, an MCU kind of Disney+ film crossover. It's less organized."

And as for the number of titans appearing in this show, well – Shakman is not giving out specifics. He did say the team had to figure out how Godzilla would factor into the show. "He has a very important role to play, and how he factors into the series is a big part of it. So that was the bigger driver, and he's not the only Titan that you're gonna meet along the way," the creative revealed.

Clearly, the Apple TV+ series is juggling a lot with its Godzilla series, and fans will hopefully get to see some footage from the series soon. Shakman admitted the show is in post-production now, so we might see parts of this series well before director Adam Wingard brings Godzilla back to theaters. So for now, MonsterVerse fans can mull over these details as they wait for some first looks!

Godzilla and the Titans Director Teases "New and Old" Kaiju for Apple TV+ Series

By SPENCER PERRY - February 7
With Marvel's WandaVision already under his belt and the upcoming reboot of the Fantastic Four set to become his first movie in over a decade, director Matt Shakman is living the life as far as genre geeks are concerned. One of his next projects will add yet another notch to the counter too as the director helmed some episodes of the Legendary TV series Godzilla and the Titans. Speaking with ComicBook.com about his upcoming Apple TV+ series The Consultant, we asked Shakman about getting to work on the series, which is set within the MonsterVerse film franchise, and if there was a specific monster he was eager to work with. Turns out, this was a dream come true for Shakman.

"Well, Godzilla first and foremost, you know, I still have my old Toho Godzilla toy1 with the arm that shoots off, the little tongue that comes out when you press the back of its head, from when I was a kid. I used to watch those movies with my dad and I absolutely love them. And so just the chance to film scenes where there are hundreds of people running down the street trying to escape from Godzilla. I mean, that's definitely got to check that off the bucket list. That's pretty awesome. So it was fun and, and you know, we were creating a lot of cool titans and monsters, some new, some old. So it's fun. I'm excited."

New and old is certainly an interesting element for Shakman to tease, as the only kaiju confirmed to appear is Godzilla himself. Legendary's feature films have used older Toho monsters like MechGodzilla, King Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan, while also inventing totally new kaiju/titans including the MUTO and others. There's still plenty of classic monsters from the Godizlla franchise that haven't been reinvented yet for the MonsterVerse series, including fan-favorites like Gigan, Anguirus, and Destroyah. Will any of them appear in the show? We can't say, but new Titans is something every fan can get behind.

Matt Fraction and Chris Black executive produce Godzilla and the Titans, serving as co-showrunners for the series. The official description for the series reads as follows: "Following the thunderous battle between Godzilla and the Titans that leveled San Francisco and the shocking new reality that monsters are real, the untitled series will explore one family's journey to uncover its buried secrets and a legacy linking them to the secret organization known as Monarch."
Post 54 IP   flag post
How exciting is that!!!???
Post 55 IP   flag post

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
GODZILLA!!

Totally looking forward to this.
Post 56 IP   flag post

I had almost forgotten about this show. The first season came out in 2019 and from what I remember it was really good. I just may have to binge watch the first season again to get ready for it season 2.
Post 57 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 58 IP   flag post
Interesting...
Post 59 IP   flag post

clickable text

Post 60 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, this is about TV shows. I've been looking for a replacement for Svengoolie to watch on Saturday evening. The obvious choices occurred to me: Vampira (The Vampira Show), Elvira (Elvira's Midnight Madness), Cryptkeeper (Tales from the Crypt), etc. But I found an article of the top 10 Horror Hosts, that gave me some new ones. I'm wondering if anyone has heard or seen any of these.

Did you know Grandpa Munster hosted a show? I didn't. It was "TBS Super Scary Saturday". I want to find that series!!! Here are some other show names: Creature Features, Shock Theater, Nightmare Theater, and the one with the best name is Schlocky Horror Picture Show. I THINK I've watched Creature Features before, but I'm not positive.

If you've watched any of these, please let me know your thoughts. I haven't tried looking for these online yet. I thought I'd see what fellow forum members thought. If you have any to add, lay it on me.

I'd take generic movie host ideas also. However, I don't care for MST3K or RiffTrax.
Post 61 IP   flag post
So, Creature Features has a free app for firetv on Amazon. These are new episodes. I'm watching "The Hands of a Stranger" right now. So far, I'm not impressed with the hosts. I'll probably watch another episode tomorrow night though, just to give it a fair chance.
Post 62 IP   flag post
My daughter is a big Buffy fan so she will probably like this.

Wolf Pack

Post 63 IP   flag post
Creature Feature Weekend Returns March 17-19
clickable text

Creature Feature Weekend, the horror convention that specializes in interactive celebrity activities beyond signings, will be held this weekend on March 17-19, 2023. The con is returning to the Wyndham Gettysburg at 95 Presidential Circle in Gettysburg, PA.

The con is hosting a Killer Klowns from Outer Space reunion with the filmmakers, the Chiodo Brothers, and stars Grant Cramer, Suzanne Snyder, Mike Martinez, and Harrod Blank. The are also welcoming Hocus Pocus stars Doug Jones, Tobias Jelinek, and Larry Bagby.

The guest list includes Danny Lloyd (The Shining), Tim Balme (Dead Alive), Will Sandin (Halloween), Ari Lehman (Friday the 13th), Andrew Hubatsek and Brad Greenquist (Pet Sematary), Jim Krut (Dawn of the Dead), Bill Russell and Lauren-Marie Taylor (Friday the 13th: Part 2), Michael Villella (Slumber Party Massacre), and Jason Seaux (Necro-Man comic artist).

Creature Feature goes beyond the usual convention signings with guests to deliver more opportunities to spend time with guests and learn about the films they love. The filmmakers and cast of Killer Klowns from Outer Space will participate in a live commentary showing of the movie at the on-site movie theater. The Shining will also be shown with live commentary from Lloyd. Greenquist will participate in a live make-up effects application for his Pet Sematary makeup.

In-costume pro photos will include Balme as Lionel in Dead Alive, Martinez and Blank as Killer Klowns, Greenquist as Pet Sematary’s Pascow, Lloyd in Danny Torrance’s rocket sweater from The Shining, Taylor as Vickie in Friday the 13th: Part 2, and Villella as Slumber Party Massacre’s Driller Killer. Guests will participate in panels throughout the weekend and Lehman will perform in concert. The Mary Lous and Beach Creeper will also perform in concert.

Kids are invited to Trick ‘r Treat through the vendor area on Saturday afternoon, independent films will be shown throughout the weekend, karaoke will be at the hotel bar, and convention co-sponsor Scares That Care is hosting a charity auction. Multiple food trucks will be parked outside of the hotel, giving attendees and vendors a convenient place to grab lunch and dinner.

In addition to Scares That Care, Creature Feature Weekend is sponsored by Gemstone Publishing and Hake’s Auctions. Gemstone’s Editor – Digital Amanda Sheriff and Hake’s Senior Cataloger Mike Bollinger will be set up at the show right outside of the celebrity signing area. Bollinger will showcase horror-related collectibles in Hake’s current premier auction and discuss consigning opportunities for future auctions. Sheriff will be selling The Overstreet Guide to Collecting Horror, which she authored, along with a selection of Gemstone’s “how to” collect reference books.

For even more details on the horror convention, visit the Creature Feature Weekend website and Facebook page.

Post 64 IP   flag post
Here is the ballot for the 21st Annual Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards

clickable text

Post 65 IP   flag post
The Black Demon: Exclusive Trailer (2023) (Based on Scout Comic)

Post 66 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I really liked Knock at The Cabin Door. Not a fan of Dave Bootista either but he was good enough.
Post 67 IP   flag post
@the420bandito
Good to know. I wasn't sure I would see it or not. Now I'm really considering it.
Post 68 IP   flag post

MalumMovie.com

Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector codychunn private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

The Last Drive In with Joe Bob Briggs and Darcy on SHUDDER TV.

Horror fans cannot be without it. I'm a SHUDDER BUG!
Post 70 IP   flag post
@codychunn I've had Shudder in the past and enjoyed it. I'll resubscribe and check it out. This weekend is WrestleMania on Saturday and Sunday!!! So, I'll look for it next week and check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!!!
Post 71 IP   flag post
I've been watching some shows on Alter Horror. They have "30 second scares" during the commercial breaks. Some of them are actually quite good!!!
Post 72 IP   flag post
THE ARTIFICE GIRL - Official Trailer (2023)

A team of special agents discovers a revolutionary new computer program to bait and trap online predators. After teaming up with the program’s troubled developer, they soon find that the AI is rapidly advancing beyond its original purpose.

Post 73 IP   flag post
BLOOD RISE: SUBSPECIES V Official Trailer (2023)

Post 74 IP   flag post
NEW HORROR MOVIE TRAILERS (2023)

Upcoming Movies That can be found in this Trailer Compilation:

New HORROR Movie Trailers (2023)
The Tank Trailer (2023)
Godless: The Eastfield Exorcism Trailer (2023)
The Boogeyman Trailer (2023)
From 2 Trailer (2023)
The Unheard Trailer (2023)
You’re Killing Me Trailer (2023)
Nefarious Trailer (2023)
Abigail Trailer (2023)
Slasher Ripper Trailer (2023)
Blood Relatives Trailer (2023)
Adalynn Trailer (2023)

Post 75 IP   flag post
I have the entire first season DVR'd but I haven't watched it yet. Does anyone here have a review that's watched it?

‘The Ark’ Renewed For Season 2 By Syfy

Ahead of the Season 1 finale, Syfy has renewed its hit original series The Ark for a second go-round. The renewal comes amid strong ratings for the series from Independence Day writer-producer Dean Devlin.

The first season of The Ark reached 6.5 million viewers across all platforms, according to Nielsen and Syfy. In L+3, the February 1 series premiere was the best in total viewers (1.1 million) since January 2021 (Resident Alien) and tops in the 18-49 demo since October 2021 (Day of the Dead).

The Ark takes place 100 years in the future when planetary colonization missions have begun as a necessity to help secure the survival of the human race. The first of these missions on a spacecraft known as Ark One encounters a catastrophic event causing massive destruction and loss of life. With more than a year left to go before reaching their target planet, a lack of life-sustaining supplies and loss of leadership, the remaining crew must become the best versions of themselves to stay on course and survive.

Devlin and Stargate SG-1 writer-producer Jonathan Glassner serve as co-showrunners and executive producers.

“We couldn’t be more excited to get back into space with the crew of the Ark. Syfy continues to be an amazing partner and home for this series,” said Devlin and Glassner.

Season one cast includes Christie Burke, Richard Fleeshman, Reece Ritchie, Stacey Read and Ryan Adams.

“The success of The Ark is just another example of delivering on a promise to provide a wide spectrum of quality shows across our linear, cable and streaming portfolios,” said Lisa Katz, President, Scripted Programming, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. “Heading into space with Dean and Jonathan has truly been a trip worth taking and we’re tremendously excited about how this otherworldly adventure will continues in season two.”

Devlin and Glassner executive produce alongside Marc Roskin and Rachel Olschan-Wilson of Electric Entertainment. Jonathan English of Balkanic Media and Steve Lee serve as producers for the first season.

The season finale will air Wednesday, April 19 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Syfy. All episodes available for streaming on Peacock.
Post 76 IP   flag post
THE ANGRY BLACK GIRL AND HER MONSTER Trailer Brings A Modern FRANKENSTEIN To Life
Bomani J. Story's sci-fi horror will rise from the grave this summer.

Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein might be over 200 years old, but the story remains an inspiration for many modern horror movies - including The Angry Black Girl and Her Monster from writer/director Bomani J. Story and RLJE Films. Story also produced alongside Jack Davis and Darren Brandl.

The Angry Black Girl and Her Monster stars Laya DeLeon Hayes (The Equalizer), Denzel Whitaker (Black Panther) and Chad L. Coleman (The Walking Dead), Reilly Brooke Stith (Orange Is the New Black), and Keith Holliday (Genius). The sci-fi horror's plot breakdown reads as follows:

Since premiering at SXSW earlier this year, The Angry Black Girl and Her Monster has been described as "devastating but crucial" and "a righteous reinterpretation of the mad scientist" - and from the trailer below we can see why. Creepy, emotionally-charged and with what looks to be some excellent gore... needless to say we're already totally sold.

The Angry Black Girl and Her Monster hits theaters, VOD and on Digital on June 9. Feast your eyes on the new trailer right here:

Post 77 IP   flag post
TODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! This looks so fun. I predict there will be a cult following of this for many years to come.

RENFIELD - "I've Never Punched A Head Off Before!" (2023)

Post 78 IP   flag post
Mia Goth Joining Mahershala Ali In Marvel's BLADE Reboot
The PEARL superstar sinks her teeth into another bloody role.

Scream queen supreme Mia Goth is joining the MCU, as Deadline announced yesterday that the Pearl star is joining Mahershala Ali in Marvel Studio's upcoming reboot of Blade.

Plans for a new Blade were first revealed at San Diego Comic-Con back in 2019, where it was also announced that the Oscar-winning Ali would star. The project underwent some directorial upheaval before Lovecraft Country's Yann Demange came aboard.

The reboot will present a new incarnation of the titular vamp-human hybrid first made famous on screen by Wesley Snipes in New Line's iconic late '90s/early '00s franchise, but Deadline lets us know that plot details and Goth's character in the new Blade are unknown at this time. Might she be playing a leather-trench-coated vampire? We sure as hell hope so.

For anyone worried that a Disney-bannered Blade might come with less bite than the blood-raving original, worry not, as sources say 'the new intent is for Blade to dark and gritty in tone, falling on the edgier side of Marvel fare.'

Whatever tone Blade goes with, we're just happy to see Ms Goth thriving and in her bag, with her new MCU role adding to an exciting upcoming set of projects that includes Ti West's trilogy final MaXXXine and (potentially) Guillermo del Toro's upcoming Frankenstein project.

We've still got a while to go before Blade hits our screens, with the film still expected to arrive on its original release date of September 6th, 2024, but that just means we have extra time to get hyped. Check back for updates as we get them!
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
. I predict there will be a cult following of this for many years to come.

I predict that I will be a part of that following. 😁
Post 80 IP   flag post
601242 85 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?