Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCScary Horror/Sci-fi Thread of Comics and Movies18962

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
There aren't a lot of new TV shows that I like. This happens to be one I do like and I'm happy to see that it has been renewed.

Ghosts Renewed for Season 3 by CBS

By AARON PERINE - January 12, 2023
Ghosts has been renewed Season 3 over at CBS. The news comes straight from the network today. Season 2 made the move to set things back to the 9 PM hour after debuting in the 8:30 PM slot for Season 1. The average viewership for Ghosts got up to 9.15 million viewers this time around. The series is also the #1 comedy show on Paramount+ and the most streamed program on CBS's other app as well. So, there's a lot of numbers to prove this move makes a ton of sense. So, full steam ahead for Ghosts.

"This season, executive producers Joe Port, Joe Wiseman and the brilliant cast delivered episodes that far surpassed our expectations. From the opening of the Woodstone B&B to epic Halloween and Christmas episodes, we have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know our GHOSTS even better. Much like our viewers, we love them more each and every week," explained Amy Reisenbach, president of CBS Entertainment. "As the series continues to win fans on broadcast and streaming, we're thrilled to bring back this touching and hilarious comedy for a third season."
Post 26 IP   flag post
Universal's Bringing A Year-Round Horror Experience To Las Vegas
Imagine Halloween Horror Nights, but every day of the year.

BY SCOTT WAMPLER JANUARY 12, 2023, 11:38 AM EST

Yesterday, the good folks at Universal Parks and Resorts made a very exciting announcement - the company is bringing an all-new, year-round horror experience to Las Vegas, one that seems to be modeled after its legendary Halloween Horror Nights experience, which unfolds each year at Universal's various theme parks.

Long considered the gold standard for big-budget haunted house experiences, the idea of having access to such a thing all year long (and in one of the country's wildest cities) has us very hyped.

Says Page Thompson, president of New Ventures for Universal Parks & Resorts:

“Universal is known for our ability to deliver original, highly-themed and terrifying horror entertainment experiences for millions of fans every year. We are excited to give our global fanbase yet another way to get scared and have fun with fear in the heart of Las Vegas, the perfect place for this type of unique concept."
The current plan calls for Universal's as-yet-unnamed horror installation to cover 110,000 square feet. It'll anchor a massive, 20-acre expansion to an already-awesome destination spot in Las Vegas, AREA15. Go there now and you'll find all manner of fun things to do, particularly Meow Wolf's you-gotta-see-it-to-believe-it Omega Mart installation, which invites guests to explore a massive, alternate reality grocery store that's positively overflowing with secret passages, easter eggs, and bizarre activities (do not leave until you're sure you've discovered all there is to discover, and trust me when I say there's more discover than you'll initially realize).

At present there's little to go on in terms of what Universal's new horror-themed hotspot will contain, but USA Today does offer the following:

"The immersive entertainment space will anchor a newly expanded area of Las Vegas’ AREA15 entertainment district and will feature continuously updated horror experiences along with dining venues that take on a different life at night. There will also be seasonal events and 'one-of-a-kind merchandise.' Most details are still under wraps."
Horror fans have long clamored for a horror theme park, and it certainly seems like Universal's well on their way to making that dream a reality. We are very excited to learn more about this joint, and you can rest assured that we'll be keeping you informed every step of the way between now and whenever this bad boy opens its doors. Stay tuned for that, and - in the meantime - maybe go ahead and start picking out which hotel you'll be staying at on the Strip during your visit.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Guess I have a trip to Vegas coming up.
Post 28 IP   flag post

GOCOLLECT EXCLUSIVE: ‘Cult of Dracula’ Gets Movie Deal, Series Creator Rich Davis Confirms

The Cult of Dracula live-action adaptation just got a major upgrade, and it is now officially being developed into a feature film.

In an exclusive interview with GoCollect, Cult creator Rich Davis confirmed that BR Films has taken over production. Rather than being adapted into a television series as was initially planned, it will be a full-length, 90-minute movie, and the wheels are already turning. clickable text

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post

‘Chucky’ Renewed For Season 3 At USA Network & Syfy

Chucky will keep killing it after the series was renewed for a third season.

The series, which is based on the classic film franchise, returns to both USA Network and Syfy for its third run.

The second season premiered in October and ran through the end of November. NBCU said that the show ranked as a top ten drama last year in the 18-49 demo.

It follows the murderous escapades of the notorious killer doll. Chucky crosses paths with archenemies, old allies and new prey, as he seeks to inspire fear and mayhem wherever he goes. After his diabolical plan to invade America’s children’s hospitals was foiled in season one, Chucky now seeks revenge on those he holds responsible: surviving teens Jake (Zackary Arthur), Devon (Björgvin Arnarson) and Lexy (Alyvia Alyn Lind), along with his ex Tiffany, now his sworn enemy. Meanwhile, can “Jevon” make it as a couple in the face of adversity at their new Catholic school, not to mention a brand-new onslaught of terror from the demon doll?

Chucky is produced by UCP and exec produced by Don Mancini, Nick Antosca, Alex Hedlund, David Kirschner and Jeff Renfroe.

“The cast and crew of Chucky would like to thank fans and critics alike for their overwhelming response to season two, which we’re delighted to announce has now spurred the official greenlight on season three. This news has made Chucky very happy. Thank Damballa for that because otherwise Chucky would have been frankly impossible to deal with. Many thanks also to our partners at SYFY, USA and UCP for helping us keep Chucky busy. See you in 2023 for what Chucky himself promises will be his scariest season ever,” said Don Mancini.
Post 31 IP   flag post
'Reginald The Vampire' Renewed For Season 2 At Syfy

Reginald The Vampire has tumbled into a second season at Syfy.

It comes after the comedy drama series premiered in October. The series is based on the book series by Johnny B. Truant.

The Jacob Batalon-fronted series follows Reginald Andres, who, in a world populated by beautiful, fit and vain vampires, tumbles headlong into it as an unlikely hero who will have to navigate every kind of obstacle – the girl he loves but can’t be with, a bully manager at work and the vampire chieftain who wants him dead. Fortunately, Reginald discovers he has a few unrecognized powers of his own.

Reginald the Vampire is produced by Great Pacific Media, Modern Story Company, December Films and Cineflix Studios and executive produced by Harley Peyton, Jeremiah Chechik, Todd Berger, Lindsay Macadam, Brett Burlock and Peter Emerson.

“The only thing better than getting the opportunity to make a season of television with SYFY is to get the opportunity to do it again,” said Peyton. “All of us – cast and crew, writers, producers, and — can hardly wait.”
Post 32 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
‘Chucky’ Renewed For Season 3 At USA Network & Syfy

Chucky will keep killing it after the series was renewed for a third season.

The series, which is based on the classic film franchise, returns to both USA Network and Syfy for its third run.

The second season premiered in October and ran through the end of November. NBCU said that the show ranked as a top ten drama last year in the 18-49 demo.

It follows the murderous escapades of the notorious killer doll. Chucky crosses paths with archenemies, old allies and new prey, as he seeks to inspire fear and mayhem wherever he goes. After his diabolical plan to invade America’s children’s hospitals was foiled in season one, Chucky now seeks revenge on those he holds responsible: surviving teens Jake (Zackary Arthur), Devon (Björgvin Arnarson) and Lexy (Alyvia Alyn Lind), along with his ex Tiffany, now his sworn enemy. Meanwhile, can “Jevon” make it as a couple in the face of adversity at their new Catholic school, not to mention a brand-new onslaught of terror from the demon doll?

Chucky is produced by UCP and exec produced by Don Mancini, Nick Antosca, Alex Hedlund, David Kirschner and Jeff Renfroe.

“The cast and crew of Chucky would like to thank fans and critics alike for their overwhelming response to season two, which we’re delighted to announce has now spurred the official greenlight on season three. This news has made Chucky very happy. Thank Damballa for that because otherwise Chucky would have been frankly impossible to deal with. Many thanks also to our partners at SYFY, USA and UCP for helping us keep Chucky busy. See you in 2023 for what Chucky himself promises will be his scariest season ever,” said Don Mancini.

Love it!!!!!!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
I should have named this thread, "CBCScary Horror/Sci-Fi Thread of Comics and Movies

Oh well, this looks interesting!

The Ark Premieres February 2023 on SYFY

'THE ARK': DEAN DEVLIN OPENS UP ABOUT 'SURVIVAL' STORY IN NEW SCI-FI SERIES, AS SYFY REVEALS FIRST FOOTAGE
The Ark blasts off this February.

SYFY sets out on a cosmic odyssey like no other in the first tense teaser trailer for The Ark (out in early 2023).

Hailing from co-showrunners Dean Devlin (co-writer of cinematic sci-fi touchstones like Stargate and Independence Day) and Jonathan Glassner (co-creator of Stargate SG-1), the new series takes place aboard the Ark One, an interstellar vessel carrying humanity's last hope for survival. When catastrophes befalls the spaceship, killing off a good chunk of its passengers, the survivors must band together in an effort to complete the mission of colonizing a distant planet our species may call home.

Chatting at length about the project for the first time with SYFY WIRE, Devlin reveals the idea for the show was birthed out of a conversation with Michael Wright, former Head of Programming for TNT, TBS, and Turner Classic Movies (Wright now heads up MGM+, formerly known as Epix).

"He was just saying how he loves spaceship shows and [how] there’s not a lot of them anymore," Devlin recalls. "He just always thought it was such a ripe area to have these people locked in this contained environment. After that conversation, I just kept thinking about it and thinking about it. This story came into my head and I just wrote it to see if I could write it. Then I sent it out and SYFY loved it and wanted to go forward with it ... It’s just been one of the most joyful, fascinating, interesting projects I've ever done."

This is Devlin's second television team-up with Glassner after their work on The Outpost, which ran for a total of four seasons on The CW between 2018 and 2021.

"He's like me: he writes as a fan instead of someone trying to figure out what fans like," Devlin says of his creative partner in crime. "He writes to please himself, he writes to do the kind of science fiction that he wants to see [and] that he's not seeing. Our sensibilities — while they're not exactly the same — complement each other really well ... He just brings a wealth of storytelling and character development. A show like The Ark is all about the characters because we're stuck on the spaceship and we're stuck with these people. It’s not a show where you can constantly bring in guest stars, because everybody's on the ship! So it really takes some deft writing to keep it compelling and surprising — and Jonathan's a master of that."

In terms of casting, Devlin admits he wanted to go for relatively unknown faces, so as to heighten audience immersion. "That's given us the opportunity to really have no baggage with these actors," he explains. "They are the characters for the audience."

The cast of space-travelers includes:

Christie Burke (low-ranking officer Lt. Sharon Garnet), Richard Fleeshman (head of the ship's navigational system, Lt. James Brice,), Reece Ritchie (Lt. Spencer Lane, who believes that only the strong should survive), Stacey Read (Alicia Nevins, a brilliant young woman and member of the Waste Management team), Ryan Adams (Angus Medford, a young man with a green thumb), Christina Wolfe (manipulative psychologist Cat Brandice), Shalini Peiris (Dr. Sanjivni Kabir, the Ark One's chief physician), Miles Barrow (ensign with an identity crisis, Baylor Trent), Pavle Jerinić (the hard-nosed head of security, Lt. Felix Strickland), Tiana Upcheva (Eva Markovic, leader of Ark One's maintenance, engineering, and life support systems), and Lisa Brenner (military veteran, Commander Susan Ingram).

"What people care most about is the characters," Devlin continues. "Do they relate to them? Are they unique? Are they surprising? Are they compelling? Do I love them? Do I hate them? And yes, our plots are important, the stories are important, but it's always secondary to the characters. So the trick is trying to make a diverse group of people who think differently, who act differently, who talk differently. And then to find actors who are compelling; people you want to watch week after week."

BUILDING THEIR OWN SPACE SHIP

Production on The Ark kicked off earlier this year at PFI Studios in Belgrade, Serbia, which made it possible to realize the Ark One as a fully tangible location.

"We can afford to actually build these enormous sets. So we even though they're stuck in this environment, we were able to build some really beautiful and large sets to shoot in, so that we don't feel overly claustrophobic watching the show," Devlin says. "But it is a show where we're in with people in a dire situation, where they're not in laser battles with space aliens, they're in survival mode, and they have to deal with the elements around them that are fighting against them. They have to deal with each other [and] don't necessarily agree on the best course forward."

Even though humanity has a long ways to go before it can start traversing the galaxy with ease, the concept of colonizing other planets close to ur own isn't the far-fetched notion it once was. As home world becomes more and more inhospitable from our gross mistreatment of the environment, future generations will almost certainly find themselves forced to seek out another refuge amongst the stars. That refuge could turn out to come in the form of Proxima b, an Earth-like planet 4.2 lightyears away from us, which captured Devlin's imagination during the writing process.

"If we were able to get a ship that could get close to light-speed, we could be there in five, six years," he says. "And suddenly, that opened a lot of possibilities of, ‘What would that adventure be like to get to that planet? What would it take? How much time would we have to develop that technology? And if Earth was failing, and we had to develop it faster than organically, what are the consequences for that?'"

While he's no stranger to storytelling on a cosmic scale, Devlin says The Ark is one of those rare titles that represents his pure, undiluted vision. "This is the first time where I really feel like the show is the thing I wanted to do," he declares. "Where there wasn't a lot of intrusion, there wasn't a thousand people with a thousand ideas that had to be dealt with. So if you love it, give me some credit, if you hate it, it's all my fault. The Ark is the show that I really wanted to make and I'm incredibly proud of it."

Marc Roskin and Rachel Olschan-Wilson of Electric Entertainment serve as executive producers alongside Devlin and Glassner. Jonathan English of Balkanic Media and Steve Lee are producers.

The Ark premieres on SYFY in February 2023.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
I should have named this thread, "CBCScary Horror/Sci-Fi Thread of Comics and Movies

Fixed. 😁
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Fixed. 😁

Cool, that's better, thanks!
Post 36 IP   flag post

Archie Gives Bingo Wilkin a Horror Revival

Rock star Bingo Wilkin is back at Archie Comics in a horror story about a demonic deal he can’t refuse. Chilling Adventures Presents…The Cult of That Wilkin Boy is written by horror comics star Cullen Bunn (Harrow County) with art by Dan Schoening (Ghostbusters). The one-shot will be in comic shops in April 2023.

“Getting to work with Cullen is an honor, as he’s a master of scripting horror, and Dan’s vivid and detailed work helps accentuate the darkest and most disturbing aspects of Cullen’s writing,” Archie Comics Senior Director of Editorial Jamie L. Rotante said. “I was inspired by cult-based horror movies like Mandy and Midsommar, but Cullen took it to the next level, using musician character Bingo Wilkin to tell a story that’s about the darker sides of fame. This is an unforgettable story that I know will delight all horror fans.”

Bingo was introduced in 1968’s That Wilkin Boy #1 and became a popular character who headlined his own spinoff for 14 years. He is Jughead’s cousin who lived in Midvale and was the leader of the band, The Bingoes. The new one-shot will see Bingo as a modern hipster musician seeking fame, but finding powerful cults.

“The story we’re seeing in this book is closely related to the original stories; it starts in pretty much the same place for Bingo and his friends,” Bunn said. “But I wanted to explore what might happen if the story took a dark, infernal turn, so I wove in some classic demonic folklore. What would happen if Bingo got everything he wanted, but he paid a terrible price to get there? The Bingo of this story is quite a departure – an evolution or devolution – of the wholesome character of yesteryear, corrupted by fame and power and guilt and jealousy. He’s achieved what he thought was impossible, but his karmic payments are coming due.”

“Music plays a big part in the character makeup of Bingo Wilkin, but instead of the classic late ‘60s pop rock aesthetic, we’ve updated him with more of a grunge/alternative rock vibe,” Schoening said. “I pulled visual inspiration from bands like Weezer, Nirvana, Beck, and Green Day. With the touches of horror throughout the tale, I directed my attention towards Harry Clarke’s Faust illustrations and the phantasmic work of Hieronymus Bosch.”

The Cult of That Wilkin Boy, with a cover by Robert Hack, inks by Ben Galvan, colors by Matt Herms, and lettering by Jack Morelli, will be in comic shops on April 19.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Rejoice: The M3GAN Sequel Will Arrive In 2025
That's a long wait, but we bet it'll be worth it.

Gerard Johnstone's M3GAN has raked in nearly $92M worldwide (off the back of a $12M production budget) since its debut earlier this month, and you know what that means - a sequel was basically guaranteed.

There've been hints that such a film was already in the works, but today it's been made official via a new report over at The Hollywood Reporter:

"James Wan’s Atomic Monster and Jason Blum’s Blumhouse banners on Wednesday officially announced a sequel to M3GAN, the horror sensation that opened Jan. 6.
Titled M3GAN 2.0, the script is being written by Akela Cooper, who wrote the original. There’s even a release date: Jan. 17, 2025.
Actors Allison Williams and Violet McGraw, who starred in the first and survived to tell the tale, are onboard to return. In addition, Williams, who served as an exec producer the original, will now be acting as a producer."
Yes, M3GAN is getting a sequel, titled M3GAN 2.0. Yes, the whole gang's gonna be back for it (everyone who survived M3GAN the first time around, anyway). Akela Cooper's returning to write the script, and Gerard Johnstone ... well, according to THR he isn't officially confirmed to return yet, but the film's producers "hope to make a deal with him." We're not betting types, but if we were, we'd put all our chips on Johnstone joining in on the fun, as well.

This is very exciting stuff for everyone who fell in love with M3GAN during her first big-screen outing, and we're particularly excited to hear that the same creative team will be putting this one together - particularly Cooper, who's acquitted herself as the person you want writing your gonzo horror movies after the one-two punch of Malignant and M3GAN.

Nothing further to report at this time, but you can rest assured we'll be keeping our ear to the ground for any and all updates on this project as they roll in. Stay tuned for those, and (for the love of God) if you haven't already caught M3GAN in theaters, consider rectifying that now. Once you do, you'll be just as excited for M3GAN 2.0 as we are.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
The first silent film release in the 4K Blu-ray format is the classic German expressionist film The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari ('20) staring Conrad Veldt as the creepy somnambulist Cesare (Veldt also stared in '28 silent feature The Man Who Laughs as Gwenplaine, a similar character that would inspire Bill Finger, Bob Kane and Jerry Robinson's creation of the Joker a decade later)...

Post 39 IP   flag post
I really enjoy silent film. If I had 4K I probably get this.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Dungeons & Dragons Releases New Movie Trailer

By CHRISTIAN HOFFER - January 23, 2023
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves has released a brand new trailer, showcasing several new scenes and revealing a bit more of the plot of the upcoming movie. The new trailer confirms that the Red Wizards of Thay will be the antagonists of the film, as the magocratic wizards have used an artifact to create an army of the undead that only the movie's group of heroes can stop. The trailer showcase's Michelle Rodriguez's Holga in action, taking down a number of city guards using only a brick. We also see one of the Red Wizards cast several new spells, one of which animates a stone dragon that Chris Pine's Edgin stops with what appears to be an Immovable Rod. We also get a first glimpse at Szass Tam, who is confirmed to be the main villain of the movie.

The official description for Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves reads: "A charming thief and a band of unlikely adventurers undertake an epic heist to retrieve a lost relic, but things go dangerously awry when they run afoul of the wrong people. Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves brings the rich world and playful spirit of the legendary roleplaying game to the big screen in a hilarious and action-packed adventure." Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith, Rege-Jean Page, Hugh Grant, and Sophia Lillis.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves was directed by Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley. The movie is an original story but is set in the Forgotten Realms, an iconic fantasy setting central to the Dungeons & Dragons game and wider franchise. Dozens of novels and video games have been set in the Forgotten Realms, as has countless tabletop adventures. Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves also has no connection to the trilogy of Dungeons & Dragons movies released in the early 2000s, which featured various D&D monsters and fantasy races, but were not set in any particular D&D world.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Marvel Confirms New Alien Series

By JAMIE LOVETT - January 23, 2023
Marvel Comics will launch a new Alien series in April. The new series will be the third Alien series since Marvel took over the license in 2021 and seems to cement the pattern of relaunching the title each year. Phillip K. Johnson, who wrote the previous two Alien series, is not returning this time. Instead, Declan Shalvey takes over as writer, teaming with artist Andrea Broccardo, as revealed in Marvel's April 2023 solicitations. Each new Alien series has introduced a new set of characters and setup, though typically hewing close to the framework and tone established by Ridley Scott's original Alien movie. The synopsis for the first issue of the new series suggests the same approach:

"Scientist Batya Zahn will do just about anything to get her family off the icy moon where they've been conducting research on water conservation. But there's more than glacial springs to find in this forgotten corner of the galaxy. When they discover an extraordinary organism buried in the ice, it won't take long for tensions to heat up. What is hidden in the snow comes forth in the thaw…and no one will be welcoming this spring. A new era of Alien starts here!"

Dike Ruan provides the cover for the issue, which is included above. Alien is one of several new film properties for which Marvel received the rights to publish comic books after Disney acquired 20th Century Fox. Since that merger, Marvel has launched a new Predator series and will begin publishing Planet of the Apes comics this year. Alien #1 goes on sale in April. The official solicitation text follows.

Alien #1
Declan Shalvey (W) • Andrea Broccardo (A) • Cover by DIKE Ruan
VARIANT COVER BY GABRIELE DELL'OTTO • VARIANT COVER BY DECLAN SHALVEY
VARIANT COVER BY ALEX MALEEV • VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ALEX MALEEV
SUPERSTARS DECLAN SHALVEY & Andrea Broccardo TAKE ALIEN TO BONE-CHILLING NEW DEPTHS!
Scientist Batya Zahn will do just about anything to get her family off the icy moon where they've been conducting research on water conservation. But there's more than glacial springs to find in this forgotten corner of the galaxy. When they discover an extraordinary organism buried in the ice, it won't take long for tensions to heat up. What is hidden in the snow comes forth in the thaw…and no one will be welcoming this spring. A new era of Alien starts here!
40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
Post 42 IP   flag post
I might consider looking into this ('this' being the D&D movie), provided I can get the memory of the foul taste of that horrific first movie (2000) to fade away.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Scroll through this facebook page, you'll be amazed!
clickable text
Post 44 IP   flag post
@OGJackster
Post 45 IP   flag post
‘Violent Night 2’ in the Works From Tommy Wirkola (Exclusive)
“We have time to really crack the script and figure out the story,” the director told TheWrap
Drew Taylor | January 23, 2023

“Violent Night,” 2022’s “Bad Santa”-meets-“Die Hard” action movie, was a sleeper hit, making more than $75 million globally on a budget of only $25 million. (Plus untold riches from its PVOD release shortly after its theatrical bow.)

The Tommy Wirkola-directed and David Harbour-starring film saw Santa Claus, who in this mythology was originally an ancient Norse warrior, defend a family from killer thieves and also suggested a broader world.

And don’t worry, there will be more Christmases for Harbour’s Santa to save. “Yes,” Wirkola said when we asked if the sequel was happening. “We’re talking about it and we’re just making deals and getting everything in order.”

While speaking to TheWrap about the upcoming home video release of “Violent Night,” Wirkola said they wouldn’t shoot right away and have to get the script together. The second installment will also be written by Pat Casey and Josh Miller. But the team will use their time wisely.

“We have time to really crack the script and figure out the story,” Wirkola said. “And we have some ideas, me and Pat and Josh and the producers, we’ve been talking about where we want to take it and what we want to see.”

As for the story, expect to see a lot more of the traditional Santa Claus mythology, but with a “Violent Night” twist.

“There’s stuff we left on the floor like the North Pole, Mrs. Claus, the elves,” Wirkola said. (The original film was set largely at a Connecticut mansion under siege from the villains.) “But story-wise I think we have a really, really cool idea that expands on the world and scope, but still keeping that tone that we love from the first one.”

But remember, “Violent Night 2” will only happen if you are good boys and girls. Santa is always watching. He’s got a list. And he’s checking it twice.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Hot chicks, blood and gore, and a monster goat. What else could you ask for?

Post 47 IP   flag post

Post 48 IP   flag post
A new Stephen King movie??? Well ... yes ... may I have another?

Post 49 IP   flag post
The Cramps Greatest Hits - Best The Cramps Songs

Post 50 IP   flag post
Don't forget The Ark starts tonight on the SYFY channel at 7:00 PM pacific.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Scream VI Super Bowl Trailer Released

Post 52 IP   flag post

Amazon Adapting Scott Snyder and Jock's Wytches Into an Animated Series

By TIMOTHY ADAMS - February 8, 2023 04:40 pm EST

Scott Snyder and Jock's creator-owned series Wytches is being adapted into an animated show for Amazon. Variety reports that both Scott Snyder and Jock will be executive producers on the Wytches adaptation, alongside Plan B Entertainment, Project 51 Productions' Kevin Kolde, and Amazon Studios. The animated series would presumably join Prime Video's content of programming, which already includes the adult-animated Invincible, also originally a comic book series, and The Legend of Vox Machina. The latter was just renewed for a third season on Prime Video. Plan B originally planned to make Wytches into a movie, but pivoted to turning Wytches into a TV series in 2021.

"Driven by the pairing of Scott and Jock along with our partners at Plan B and Project 51 Productions, Wytches fuses nail biting horror and evocative drama while unearthing the dark lore surrounding an ancient burrow of witches," said, Melissa Wolfe, head of animation for Amazon Studios. "Given the haunting and intimate nature of Scott and Jock's well regarded comic series, we are looking forward to delivering their creative vision to our global audience and expanding our growing roster of animated series."

"Wytches is possibly my most personal work," Snyder said. "It's all about the monsters that dwell beneath the surface of things, both literally and figuratively. I've been intimately involved with this animated series from the start, and I can honestly say that I love this show as much as the book, if not more. The animation brings the incredible art by Jock to life, and the episodic format expands the world of Wytches, taking the characters and mythology to terrifying new places. Jock and I are deeply grateful to Plan B Entertainment, Kevin Kolde, and Amazon Studios for believing in Wytches and giving us a chance to make this show dark, personal, twisted, and very special."
Post 53 IP   flag post

New Godzilla TV Series Will Feature More Titans Than Expected

By MEGAN PETERS February 9, 2023

Godzilla is one of the biggest names in Hollywood, and when it comes to titans, no one can top the atomic beast. These days, the industry has put Godzilla center stage with its MonsterVerse franchise as new movies are in the work right now. There is also a live-action TV show in production at Apple TV+ under Matt Fraction and Chris Black. And now, we have learned the series is going to feature kaiju from all over the Godzillaverse.

The update comes from Matt Shakman, one of the TV creatives behind the MonsterVerse show. The producer spoke with Collider recently about The Consultant, and the topic of monsters came up. It was there Shakman dished some juicy details about the Godzilla show. For one, the kaiju will not be the only one discussed in the show, and this live-action outing will keep itself separate from everything happening in theaters with Legendary's movies.

"There is some overlap, though we were not heavily involved in talking about it with Adam Wingard and his team. Legendary is the studio for our show, as well as for the films, and so they sort of sit at the juncture there between the two, and they have a mythology department there which is wonderful," Shakman said about the show's place in the MonsterVerse. "They weigh in on how things might overlap, how certain creatures need to stay on one side or the other, and so there is a lot of conversation about it. But in terms of how closely the narratives overlap, it's not as involved to say, an MCU kind of Disney+ film crossover. It's less organized."

And as for the number of titans appearing in this show, well – Shakman is not giving out specifics. He did say the team had to figure out how Godzilla would factor into the show. "He has a very important role to play, and how he factors into the series is a big part of it. So that was the bigger driver, and he's not the only Titan that you're gonna meet along the way," the creative revealed.

Clearly, the Apple TV+ series is juggling a lot with its Godzilla series, and fans will hopefully get to see some footage from the series soon. Shakman admitted the show is in post-production now, so we might see parts of this series well before director Adam Wingard brings Godzilla back to theaters. So for now, MonsterVerse fans can mull over these details as they wait for some first looks!

Godzilla and the Titans Director Teases "New and Old" Kaiju for Apple TV+ Series

By SPENCER PERRY - February 7
With Marvel's WandaVision already under his belt and the upcoming reboot of the Fantastic Four set to become his first movie in over a decade, director Matt Shakman is living the life as far as genre geeks are concerned. One of his next projects will add yet another notch to the counter too as the director helmed some episodes of the Legendary TV series Godzilla and the Titans. Speaking with ComicBook.com about his upcoming Apple TV+ series The Consultant, we asked Shakman about getting to work on the series, which is set within the MonsterVerse film franchise, and if there was a specific monster he was eager to work with. Turns out, this was a dream come true for Shakman.

"Well, Godzilla first and foremost, you know, I still have my old Toho Godzilla toy1 with the arm that shoots off, the little tongue that comes out when you press the back of its head, from when I was a kid. I used to watch those movies with my dad and I absolutely love them. And so just the chance to film scenes where there are hundreds of people running down the street trying to escape from Godzilla. I mean, that's definitely got to check that off the bucket list. That's pretty awesome. So it was fun and, and you know, we were creating a lot of cool titans and monsters, some new, some old. So it's fun. I'm excited."

New and old is certainly an interesting element for Shakman to tease, as the only kaiju confirmed to appear is Godzilla himself. Legendary's feature films have used older Toho monsters like MechGodzilla, King Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan, while also inventing totally new kaiju/titans including the MUTO and others. There's still plenty of classic monsters from the Godizlla franchise that haven't been reinvented yet for the MonsterVerse series, including fan-favorites like Gigan, Anguirus, and Destroyah. Will any of them appear in the show? We can't say, but new Titans is something every fan can get behind.

Matt Fraction and Chris Black executive produce Godzilla and the Titans, serving as co-showrunners for the series. The official description for the series reads as follows: "Following the thunderous battle between Godzilla and the Titans that leveled San Francisco and the shocking new reality that monsters are real, the untitled series will explore one family's journey to uncover its buried secrets and a legacy linking them to the secret organization known as Monarch."
Post 54 IP   flag post
How exciting is that!!!???
Post 55 IP   flag post
598086 85 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?